Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210475 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #2555 on: January 06, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
I can see why some might think Hogan has made more of an impact. It is all about perception in regards to how both players were acquired.

I don't care about how they were acquired. I just watch the games. Brady would tell you the same thing, just so you know.

Don't try and throw stats at me...again! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2556 on: January 06, 2018, 08:38:46 AM »
When Tom Brady himself tells me that, I will believe it.  :biggrin:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2557 on: January 06, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »
You know, any other QB I think we'd all say move on.  Brady is still playing at such a high level that is sort of monkey wrench into what Belichick wants. There's a chance this year that Brady may win three Super Bowls in 4 years. And look how well he's playing his last 4 year. Who's match that?

This is a once in a lifetime player.  No drop off.

at 37, 39, and 40, in a league that is as violent as ever.   Absolutely amazing.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2558 on: January 06, 2018, 08:45:34 AM »
This doesn't happen much here, but I'm with Kev all the way in this. Like I said, this off season is the right time to move away from TB. I think he's still an excellent QB, though certainly no longer in his prime, but his days are necessarily numbered and they were in a position to move on. If all of this is true, and it certainly seems plausible, I don't see Bill sticking around and Kraft has really done a number on the team.

Something else I don't see is him moving to a new team. His legacy is cemented and if he wanted to add anything further it would be an epilogue where he set the Patriots up to carry on without him. That no longer seems to be in the cards.

Correct.  I don't think it's going out on a limb to now think that Belichick doesn't give a damn what kind of shape he leaves the team in once he is gone.  When you consider that they are not usually the most talented team, but one always coached up by the GOAT coach and his staff, it will be a sharp fall once Belichick departs and Brady really does hit the cliff.
To me it's pretty sad that we might not get to see if "The Patriot Way" can exist without him. It's a lock that the next Bill Belichick isn't on their team (or any other), but it's a real possibility that the next head coach is and would be a damn good one after his tutelage. If the two scenarios are that Bill handed off the team to JMD with a young franchise QB and a pretty good roster, or he helped the two assistants leave and JG leave, the second one would be a damn shame.

In any case, I think we'll see some questions answered on February 5.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2559 on: January 06, 2018, 09:29:24 AM »

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2560 on: January 06, 2018, 09:30:11 AM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2561 on: January 06, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »

Picture + words on the interwebz.  It must be true.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2562 on: January 06, 2018, 04:27:45 PM »
 :lol :lol

In the meantime. this Chiefs/Titans game is dog shit, punctuated by that awful call on the Mariotta sack/fumble.  How that wasn't a fumble doesn't even make sense.  Awful NFL officiating strikes again.  :tdwn :tdwn

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2564 on: January 06, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »
:lol :lol

In the meantime. this Chiefs/Titans game is dog shit, punctuated by that awful call on the Mariotta sack/fumble.  How that wasn't a fumble doesn't even make sense.  Awful NFL officiating strikes again.  :tdwn :tdwn

"Dog shit" is being kind.  Does anyone still think that Andy Reid is a good coach?   They looked good in the first half, but talk about not preparing your team for the second half.  My god.   And no, it's not because they lost Kelce.   Please.  This is the big leagues, you need to be able to respond.   Dick LeBeau?  RESPONDED.   Mularky?  RESPONDED.   Reid?  FOLDED. 

Baring something idiotic by the Titans - lets not rule that out! - the Chiefs now have the longest HOME playoff losing streak (6) in the history of the NFL.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2565 on: January 06, 2018, 05:50:02 PM »
lol Chiefs. I dozed off at 21-3 and woke up 10 minutes ago to 22-21 and had to rub my eyes to make sure I was seeing that right.  How in the world did KC blow that?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2566 on: January 06, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
You think KC should go after Belichick?  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2567 on: January 06, 2018, 06:27:12 PM »
lol Chiefs. I dozed off at 21-3 and woke up 10 minutes ago to 22-21 and had to rub my eyes to make sure I was seeing that right.  How in the world did KC blow that?

Call it intuition but I was exactly expecting that to happen given Andy Reid's history and sure enough, I wasn't even remotely surprised at the result. The 2nd half was quite entertaining, to be honest.
And that TD pass and catch by Mariota was hilarious to watch live.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2568 on: January 06, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »
You think KC should go after Belichick?  :lol

McDaniels?

Seriously though, are there better options than Reid at this point. The way they started, this season has been a disaster.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2569 on: January 06, 2018, 08:12:03 PM »
Well, Reid's record over the long haul still speaks for itself, but his team really shit the bed this year.  They went from a 5-0 start to stumbling to a 10-6 finish and then lost at home to a Titans team that was lucky to even make the playoffs.  That is on him.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2570 on: January 06, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »
He likely survives, but is that the right call?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2571 on: January 06, 2018, 08:17:06 PM »
No clue on that one.  How does Kareem Hunt only get 3 carries in the 2nd half?  You have dog shit at WR except for Tyreek Hill (who is a speed guy and not a true number 1) and Kelce was out, so you come out throwing?  Goofy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2572 on: January 06, 2018, 08:18:31 PM »
Not goofy.

Expected.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2573 on: January 06, 2018, 08:19:33 PM »
Overrated.

*waits for Kev to post coaching record stats*  ;D

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2574 on: January 06, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »
https://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Remember-When-Brad-Johnsons-TD-Pass-To-Himself/c50c1baa-2129-43ee-938a-eef3ad4d58cf

Not a 'Music City Miracle', but Mariota's TD pass/catch needs an 'Immaculate Deflection' type of moniker.  I'll give Gruden kudos for saying how that would have been big time fantasy football points on that play.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2575 on: January 06, 2018, 08:43:29 PM »
Overrated.

Hey now, if wins and losses don't matter, then I will remember that the next time y'all bring up the Patriots five Super Bowl wins. :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2576 on: January 06, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »
Overrated.

Hey now, if wins and losses don't matter, then I will remember that the next time y'all bring up the Patriots five Super Bowl wins. :P

And I'll remember that the next time you bring up Reid's Super Bowl wins.  :P :P

Stop confusing me with Kingshmegland.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2577 on: January 06, 2018, 09:01:56 PM »
Hey now. In the end what team is better.  KC or the Pats?

/thread.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2578 on: January 06, 2018, 09:04:56 PM »
Right on cue. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2579 on: January 06, 2018, 09:11:39 PM »

While I agree that some players like Marino are great but just with no rings, to have those stats with rings says so much more about a player.  Kev has express this when ranking Brady all time.

Now about Reid.  His track record says it all.  Very good in the regular season.  A hot mess in the playoffs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2580 on: January 06, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »
Dan Quinn's team might win tonight, but he just won the Dumbass of the Day Award. I hope the Rams come back and win 27-26 to highlight what a moron he was for kicking the XP to go up 13 with less than 6 minutes left.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2581 on: January 06, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »
https://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Remember-When-Brad-Johnsons-TD-Pass-To-Himself/c50c1baa-2129-43ee-938a-eef3ad4d58cf

Not a 'Music City Miracle', but Mariota's TD pass/catch needs an 'Immaculate Deflection' type of moniker.  I'll give Gruden kudos for saying how that would have been big time fantasy football points on that play.

Haha, I got a chuckle out of that too.  "That's 12 points right there in your fantasy football league!" or something close to that. 

I like Gruden.  I'll miss him in the booth if he goes to the sideline.   Watch out for the Raiders if he does.  He's the real deal. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2582 on: January 06, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2583 on: January 06, 2018, 10:01:59 PM »

While I agree that some players like Marino are great but just with no rings, to have those stats with rings says so much more about a player.  Kev has express this when ranking Brady all time.

Now about Reid.  His track record says it all.  Very good in the regular season.  A hot mess in the playoffs.

I forgot... what's the trophy for the winner of the regular season?  :)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2584 on: January 07, 2018, 04:43:54 AM »
OK, so I said earlier in the season that the Chiefs and the Falcons were set to win Super Bowls within the next few years. Speaking for the Chiefs, I'm changing that now to "they should, but they probably won't". Consistent playoff appearances/close to playoff appearances, but they really need to make the step up to the next level, instead of tanking like they did last night. They're like Tottenham Hotspur in recent years, showing great promise but ultimately failing to deliver.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2585 on: January 07, 2018, 07:26:50 AM »
Even though the Rams are fun to watch, I did enjoy seeing them get punked in their first home playoff game back in L.A.

Stan Kroenke can still eat a bag of shit.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2586 on: January 07, 2018, 08:02:01 AM »
Why does he bother you Kev?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2587 on: January 07, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
OK, so I said earlier in the season that the Chiefs and the Falcons were set to win Super Bowls within the next few years. Speaking for the Chiefs, I'm changing that now to "they should, but they probably won't". Consistent playoff appearances/close to playoff appearances, but they really need to make the step up to the next level, instead of tanking like they did last night. They're like Tottenham Hotspur in recent years, showing great promise but ultimately failing to deliver.

I don't think everyone here shares my belief in this, but for me, this is where the coach is the difference maker.   

I will give credit where credit is due, though:  Reid is in my opinion one of the three (if not THE) worst coaches in the league when it comes to game/clock management, but to his credit, he had three time outs going into the last two minutes of the game and used at least one of them smartly (to avoid a run-off).  Didn't matter in the end, but still.  At least he learned his lesson in 17 years.  He ought to make the next plateau by 2034.  He'll only be 76 years old. 

HEY!  Go to his Wiki page now, before it changes. It actually says this:  "Andrew Walter Reid (born March 19, 1958) is an American football coach and playoff choke artist who is the current head coach for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL).[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Reid

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2588 on: January 07, 2018, 10:04:53 AM »
Even though the Rams are fun to watch, I did enjoy seeing them get punked in their first home playoff game back in L.A.

Stan Kroenke can still eat a bag of shit.

He's no different from that murdering whore Georgia, or any other owner for that matter... it's all about the benjamins.  GO RAMS!!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2589 on: January 07, 2018, 10:54:47 AM »
After reading a bunch of cocky gambling advice prior to the games and then seeing the actual results, I’m amazed so many people risk money on such an unpredictable event.