Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210967 times)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
My beloved Bengals have worked out Mixon twice, which is a terrible mistake. However team owner Mike Brown is seriously big on giving guys second chances because he literally believes these guys who are great athletes deserve a chance at fortune so that they can do great things with their lives and their families. He's said so over and over again.

As for NE, mark my words, if he stays healthy you fans are going to love former Bengal, Rex Burkhead. Amazing work ethic. Shifty. Makes great reads, and always runs North/South. He fights for extra yards. He's quick as Hell with his feet. Also a great character guy, and does everything the coaches ask him to do.

It seems everyone in the AFC North thinks you have to have elite speed or can pound the pill like the Incredible Hulk to have any success running in this division. This is a run heavy division, Rex just needed a chance. He's going to do great in New England's Offense.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2017, 01:15:26 AM »
However team owner Mike Brown is seriously big on giving guys second chances because he literally believes these guys who are great athletes deserve a chance at fortune so that they can do great things with their lives and their families.

This brings to mind the young man that they've continued to sign to their practice squad season after season so that his daughter who is fighting cancer can have medical insurance.

That's an awesome gesture from the Bengals, and despite being a fan of another team in that division, I've always had a ton of respect for the organization for doing that.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2017, 07:30:28 AM »
My beloved Bengals have worked out Mixon twice, which is a terrible mistake. However team owner Mike Brown is seriously big on giving guys second chances because he literally believes these guys who are great athletes deserve a chance at fortune so that they can do great things with their lives and their families. He's said so over and over again.

Yeah, except that time after time after time after time the Bengals have been the paradigm example of the adage "Money doesn't build character, it reveals character."

As for NE, mark my words, if he stays healthy you fans are going to love former Bengal, Rex Burkhead. Amazing work ethic. Shifty. Makes great reads, and always runs North/South. He fights for extra yards. He's quick as Hell with his feet. Also a great character guy, and does everything the coaches ask him to do.

I don't mean to rag on your team, but I'm not a fan of thugs, and it astounds me that they keep putting Burfict on the field week after week, and they let the "character guy" go to New England.  There's a really clear message in that, if anyone is interested in seeing it. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2017, 07:54:32 AM »

It seems everyone in the AFC North thinks you have to have elite speed or can pound the pill like the Incredible Hulk to have any success running in this division. This is a run heavy division, Rex just needed a chance. He's going to do great in New England's Offense.

As a lifelong Husker fan, I've been waiting years for Burkhead to be given a legit chance in the Pros. He is a football player in every sense of the word. I think he is the perfect fit for the Patriots.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2017, 08:14:46 AM »

Yeah, except that time after time after time after time the Bengals have been the paradigm example of the adage "Money doesn't build character, it reveals character."

I don't mean to rag on your team, but I'm not a fan of thugs, and it astounds me that they keep putting Burfict on the field week after week, and they let the "character guy" go to New England.  There's a really clear message in that, if anyone is interested in seeing it.
I think they rely on the strong character and leadership abilities of Pacman Jones to keep Burfict in line.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2017, 09:49:01 AM »
I think they rely on the strong character and leadership abilities of Pacman Jones to keep Burfict in line.

:lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2017, 08:30:45 PM »

It's too obvious not to see it.  This is what the Bengals are.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »
All teams have thugs. You need a coach thugs fear.  That's Bill Belichick.

No one fears Marvin Lewis.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #253 on: April 13, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »
R.I.P. Dan Rooney
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »
60 Minutes will never be the same :'(
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2017, 08:09:15 PM »
Why is a jar of pickles so hard to open? I hate that. When I was a kid, a jar of pickles was easy to open.

Moving on.... so Marshawn Lynch to the Oakland... er... Las Vegas... er... not till 2019... Raiders now?

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

• DT.net Member
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Cool to see him staying in the AFC West. The Seahawks are still in the AFC West, right?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2017, 09:33:40 PM »
Affirmative. Rick Mirer is under center. Mel Kiper Jr. has him as the next Joe Montana.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2017, 09:45:56 PM »
Ok, I am NOT a Pats fan, yet SB LI was such a great game, I am wondering if the full game is available anywhere?

I know the Super Bowl LI Champions bluray doesn't contain the full game, what about the 3 Games to Glory V bluray? Thanks.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2017, 05:40:36 AM »
R.I.P. Dan Rooney

Agreed.  Easily the most influential owner of the past 50 years.  Love or hate the Steelers, there is no arguing the impact he (and the family) had on building one of the best franchises in the league - if not, THE best.  Here's what Kraft had to say about the man:

"My goal was to build a team that could sustain a winning tradition just like the Rooney family had with the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I felt the success we have had as an organization is directly tied to the lessons I learned from Dan. He represented the heart and soul of the National Football League. In my experiences with him at the NFL meetings, I always admired the way he conducted himself, with great humility, dignity and kindness. He was a leader who was respected by everyone associated with this wonderful game."

One of my old bosses was friends with the Rooney family, and could not say enough wonderful things about them.  The league lost a great man today.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »
R.I.P. Dan Rooney

Agreed.  Easily the most influential owner of the past 50 years.  Love or hate the Steelers, there is no arguing the impact he (and the family) had on building one of the best franchises in the league - if not, THE best.  Here's what Kraft had to say about the man:

"My goal was to build a team that could sustain a winning tradition just like the Rooney family had with the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I felt the success we have had as an organization is directly tied to the lessons I learned from Dan. He represented the heart and soul of the National Football League. In my experiences with him at the NFL meetings, I always admired the way he conducted himself, with great humility, dignity and kindness. He was a leader who was respected by everyone associated with this wonderful game."

One of my old bosses was friends with the Rooney family, and could not say enough wonderful things about them.  The league lost a great man today.

No question. As someone who was born and raised in Pittsburgh, the impact Dan made on the city can't be put into words. Essentially, he gave the city a new identity when he took over the team. Easily one of the most influential people in Pittsburgh history, and in NFL history.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »
That guy is the bomb. I tweeted him and he responded to me.  All Pats fans feel like him to ESPN.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2017, 06:01:28 PM »
Which is nuts, since ESPN loves them some Boston sports (I lost track at how many ex-Boston sports stars and Boston sports reporters they have hired over the years).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2017, 06:11:52 PM »
It's how thy handled Deflategate but of late how ESPN has been riding Boston is a racist town from multiple ESPN talking heads and ESPN backing them Kev. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »
 :lol

Seriously,  radio host here trying to get those ESPN host on their shows to debate what they said, they decline and block them on Twitter. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2017, 04:54:59 AM »
Such a sad story.  Even sadder though was this

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-heap-tragedy-0416-20170415-story.html

Authorities said Heap accidentally ran over and killed his 3-year old daughter as he was moving his truck in the driveway of his suburban Phoenix home. The girl was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead, authorities said.

Unlike Hernandez, Heap was a class act all the way.  I can't imagine the pain and anguish.   :'(
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:37 AM »
That story about Heap is just too sad for words. I cannot even imagine.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2017, 05:44:37 AM »
It tears me up even thinking about Heap's situation. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: April 19, 2017, 05:51:41 AM »
Yeah... Heap's tragedy happened last week, and I couldn't bring myself to post about it. Just an absolutely sad story.

Good riddance to Hernandez.... appreciate him saving the taxpayers further costs in keeping him alive.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2017, 05:57:55 AM »
Yeah... Heap's tragedy happened last week, and I couldn't bring myself to post about it. Just an absolutely sad story.

Good riddance to Hernandez.... appreciate him saving the taxpayers further costs in keeping him alive.

I was just thinking that as well. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2017, 06:34:43 AM »

100% agree with everything in this post.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2017, 06:53:03 AM »

100% agree with everything in this post.

I kinda hate to say it, but I do as well.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2017, 07:22:51 AM »
I think there is more to the Hernandez story than meets the eye.  A good friend of mine (and HUGE sports fan, though not a Pats fan at all) articulated a pretty good scenario that all of this is pretty heavily gang related.   He was just acquitted of a double murder, and he commits suicide?   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2017, 07:23:35 AM »
Just a sick tragedy, all the way around.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #278 on: April 19, 2017, 07:59:41 AM »
Just a sick tragedy, all the way around.

What happened to Todd Heap's daughter is a tragedy. I wouldn't consider Aaron Hernandez killing himself to be a tragedy. Guy was a dirt bag.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #279 on: April 19, 2017, 08:03:41 AM »

What happened to Todd Heap's daughter is a tragedy. I wouldn't consider Aaron Hernandez killing himself to be a tragedy. Guy was a dirt bag.

Agreed. I feel no pity whatsoever for Aaron Hernandez. The guy was a murderer, thug, and disgusting human being. So the fact he hung himself in his prison cell (where he was serving life), normally wouldn't move me. However, what did bother me was how incredibly selfish his suicide was, considering he had a four-year-old little girl, who now, is fatherless. As awful a human being Hernandez was, he made it even worse by taking the easy way out, and leaving a little girl without a father, who now she can never see again. Rot in hell, Aaron Hernandez. Here's hoping your little girl is able to overcome all this and make a good life for herself.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!