Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211074 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #2100 on: December 12, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »
Why is it ok for BB to be an a-hole at the pressers? He's the only coach in the NFL who's had success?

Not sure what that means.  Anyone can, and it's not like it's without scorn; Scott Van Pelt said exactly that on his show:   why can't Bill be a decent human, understand that those reporters are just doing a job, and throw them a bone.   The question about third down conversions - the Pats were oh-for-whatever on the night - was a legit question, and while esoteric, the on-side kick one was too (Gostkowski basically rolled the ball about 7.5 yards before a Dolphin fell on it).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2101 on: December 12, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »
I'm a really bad loser. Losing pisses me off. If I had to go out and answer a bunch of stupid questions thirty minutes after getting my ass kicked by a second rate team, I'd be a dick too. After an ugly loss, and last night was butt ugly, people have to know what his answers are going to be and how he's going to give them. If you want an in depth explanation of something wait until after a win. He can be pretty talkative when he's in a good mood.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2102 on: December 12, 2017, 12:24:09 PM »
Also something Van Pelt said (talkative when in a good mood). 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2103 on: December 12, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
I'm a really bad loser. Losing pisses me off. If I had to go out and answer a bunch of stupid questions thirty minutes after getting my ass kicked by a second rate team, I'd be a dick too. After an ugly loss, and last night was butt ugly, people have to know what his answers are going to be and how he's going to give them. If you want an in depth explanation of something wait until after a win. He can be pretty talkative when he's in a good mood.

Well, I don't know anybody who likes to lose.  But, the Pats are probably the worst losers in the league because they haven't had very much practice.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: December 12, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »
Everyone can be an a-hole at these pressers. I'd prefer BB's honest approach than Pete Carroll's "I'll talk really fast for 5 minutes any maybe they will think I am actually answering their question" approach. I know reporters have a thankless job, but the New England area isn't going to collapse if they all said "Fuck it, I'm not going to any more of Bill's pressers" and we never got any more of his nuggets of wit.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2106 on: December 12, 2017, 05:42:18 PM »
Why is it ok for BB to be an a-hole at the pressers? He's the only coach in the NFL who's had success?

I don't think he's an a-hole in those pressers; I just think he has no interest in giving the media anything, especially when they ask stupid questions, and since he is not the type to spit out cliches, short, blunt answers are the norm. 

Personally, I get a kick out of him treating the media the way he does.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2107 on: December 12, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »
Post-Week 14 Power Rankings

Top 10
1. New England - despite the loss, still the team to beat until I see consistent slippage
2. Philadelphia - their upside is limited because of the Wentz injury, but I base these rankings on what we have seen, not what is still to come
3. Minnesota - still gonna be a tough out
4. Pittsburgh - no excuses left...this is the year they have to beat NE
5. New Orleans - weird loss, but they'll be okay
6. LA Rams - tough loss and now need to win at Seattle to possibly avoid fighting for a wild card
7. Jacksonville - that D is nasty
8. Carolina - ugly win, but that D will make them a tough out in the playoffs
9. Seattle - must-win game against the Rams this week
10. LA Chargers - after fighting their way back to where they are, now face a must-win at KC

NFL MVP Top 5
1. Russell Wilson - he is still the main reason why they are in contention for the playoffs
2. Tom Brady - after two subpar games, will he bounce back against a D he usually torches, or is this is the start of the decline?
3. Carson Wentz - I would've put him at 1 again had he not gotten hurt
4. Antonio Brown - I can't put a WR in the top 3, but his value is immeasurable
5. Alvin Kamara - seeing the Saints offense slow to a crawl after he left with a concussion last Thursday made it clear how valuable he is to that team

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2108 on: December 12, 2017, 09:25:17 PM »
Yeah, I really don't care that Belichick isn't pleasant during those press conferences. And he actually does more for the fans/media than most coaches do, because he does those awesome segments for the team website where he breaks down film. I wish every coach did that.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2109 on: December 13, 2017, 08:10:44 AM »
Yeah, I really don't care that Belichick isn't pleasant during those press conferences. And he actually does more for the fans/media than most coaches do, because he does those awesome segments for the team website where he breaks down film. I wish every coach did that.
Where? I have several NEP feeds and I've never seen that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2110 on: December 13, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
I thought he did something with Mike Lynch on Channel 5. At least, he has in the past.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2111 on: December 13, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
I thought he did something with Mike Lynch on Channel 5. At least, he has in the past.

It's with Scott Zolak now on Patriots All Access.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2112 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:38 PM »
Where? I have several NEP feeds and I've never seen that.
You can find them here. https://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/belichick-breakdowns
Not being a Patriots fan, I don't watch them all (though I probably should), but the ones I've seen have been pretty cool.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2113 on: December 17, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »
Such a Chargers thing to do last night...fight like hell to get back in the race and lose the game they had to win.

Oh, and that was quite a performance by the Chiefs. I suspect most aren't surprised to see an Andy Reid-coached team play extremely well in a big game (and that WAS a big game).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: December 17, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »
 I read that they talked about fixing the running game and that Alex Smith wasn't the problem.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2115 on: December 17, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »
Pats will get their asses handed to them today. I just don't think their O-line will hold up.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2116 on: December 17, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
The Steelers just allowed 28 points to Brett Hundley and 38 points to Joe Flacco. 

In games against a team coached or D-coordinated by Mike Tomlin, Tom Brady has 26 touchdown passes and 1 interception.

I think Tom Brady will be just fine today.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2117 on: December 17, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »
So the Bengals finally decide to jettison Marvin Lewis. And instead of tarring, feathering, and rail-carrying his ass out of the city they're going to make him the GM.  :rollin
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:45:23 AM by El Barto »
E.F. Benson

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #2118 on: December 17, 2017, 01:41:50 PM »
OK, a lot to criticize about the NFL this year but here's something positive.  I LOVE when a player scores a touchdown and finds a little kid in the stands to give the football to.  Kid will never forget it.
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2119 on: December 17, 2017, 02:13:50 PM »
So the Bengals finally decide to jettison Marvin Lewis. And instead of tarring, feathering, and rail-carrying his ass out of the city they're going to make him the GM.  :rollin

Holy shit I didn't know about the GM part. LOL

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2120 on: December 17, 2017, 03:08:31 PM »
That did NOT look good for Brown. Ouch.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2121 on: December 17, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »
Of course. Drops the TD and gets hurt. Game over.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2122 on: December 17, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
Of course. Drops the TD and gets hurt. Game over.

You'd think so but there's fight in this Steelers team.  3 quarters to go.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2123 on: December 17, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »
Congrats LA Rams, on taking over the NFC West earlier than I had expected. I thought Seattle had at least 2-3 more years before relinquishing control.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2124 on: December 17, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »
Congrats LA Rams, on taking over the NFC West earlier than I had expected. I thought Seattle had at least 2-3 more years before relinquishing control.

You know, if my Steelers can’t win the SB this year it would be a great story if someone like the Rams could.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2125 on: December 17, 2017, 03:43:01 PM »
Nice to see the Vikings bounce back from last week's loss with an easy win at home as it should have been.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2126 on: December 17, 2017, 03:53:37 PM »
Patriots 0 penalties first half

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2127 on: December 17, 2017, 04:08:14 PM »
Dammit.

Dream Team.  Pittsburgh is a scoring at will.  No chance for a penalty.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2128 on: December 17, 2017, 04:19:56 PM »
Brady WTF??

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2129 on: December 17, 2017, 04:32:39 PM »
Somebody needs to get open besides Gronk.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2130 on: December 17, 2017, 04:43:15 PM »
Are we gonna finish the game with any skill position players intact?  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2131 on: December 17, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »
Jesus what a battle.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2132 on: December 17, 2017, 04:47:57 PM »
This is not directed at anyone on this forum, but a giant middle finger to all the so-called experts who predicted a NE blowout this past week. I wonder if they will appear on tv and own their BS?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2133 on: December 17, 2017, 05:04:07 PM »
Not this expert!

Pats will get their asses handed to them today. I just don't think their O-line will hold up.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2134 on: December 17, 2017, 05:09:12 PM »
O M G!!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!