Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210574 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
His calculated market value is quite a bit over what Bill would offer him, and in NFL terms he hasn't made all that much money over his career. I couldn't fault the guy for going to NYG to pad the checking account. This isn't like Darrelle Revis's sorry ass leaving for a few extra bucks.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
"Hey, LaGarrette, looks who's here."

There's probably more truth in that than anything else. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2017, 12:44:24 PM »
I can't buy that.

Personally, I think Bill likes the player and if he can get him real cheap, he'll grab him.
All this stuff about the Krafts not accepting it is bull. With Myra alive, I'd believe it, but Robert Kraft is not above anything.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2017, 12:59:48 PM »
His calculated market value is quite a bit over what Bill would offer him, and in NFL terms he hasn't made all that much money over his career. I couldn't fault the guy for going to NYG to pad the checking account. This isn't like Darrelle Revis's sorry ass leaving for a few extra bucks.

He'd also be the featured back if he went to the NYG, so it wouldn't just be about more money.  But the Giants have no offensive line and are less likely to win than the Patriots.  I honestly would really love him on the NYG.  This team is building for a run now and we lack a RB and offensive line to really be a contender. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »
I haven't been following the Aaron Hernandez case, but I just read https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aaron-hernandez-trial-first-defense-witness-rips-apart-prosecutions-entire-motive-195941790.html and thought, wow, I wonder if he were to get off, could he come back to the NFL?  Would his reputation be too damaged for a team to sign him?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »
No one would sign him.  No one.

Anywho he has one life sentence all ready.  This time in court is a different suit.  He's never getting out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2017, 06:50:24 PM »
I don't know how much AP has left, but I am not sure he is a good fit for the Patriots, unless he is willing to accept a reduced role.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »
He's begging for a job at this point.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2017, 08:45:24 PM »
Backs who can't do anything in the passing game just aren't that valuable in today's NFL. They have their place, but no one's going to overpay. Especially at his age, and with clear signs of deterioration. I feel bad for Jamaal Charles. He was arguably playing at a higher level than Peterson, but obviously has had terrible luck with injuries. There's been minimal interest in him as well.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »
Charles, at his peak, was the best overall NFL RB I have seen since Tomlinson.  What a shame that injuries have all but done him in.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2017, 09:10:45 PM »
He's averaged 5.5 yards per carry over his career, which is insane.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2017, 07:21:43 AM »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2017, 07:34:12 AM »

Anywho he has one life sentence all ready.  This time in court is a different suit.  He's never getting out.

Oh, didnt realize he was convicted of something already, I thought he might of had a way to get out. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2017, 07:40:20 AM »

Oh, didnt realize he was convicted of something already, I thought he might of had a way to get out.

If he was guilty in this case he would serve 2 life sentences.  Crazy.  I've had 2 speeding tickets and one parking ticket in my life.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2017, 08:58:26 AM »

If he was guilty in this case he would serve 2 life sentences.  Crazy.  I've had 2 speeding tickets and one parking ticket in my life.

Hence the Patriots still not signing you.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:41 AM »
SAY WHAAAATTTT?! :lol

I think my skill set has something to do with that.  Oh and age. :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »
At this point in his career I doubt AP is the guy, but personally I'd love to see NE get a good back. They always have a stable of reliable runners, but somebody that's a threat would take a fair amount of heat off of their aging quarterback. Moreover, Bill's not adverse to that option, as demonstrated with Corry Dillon way back when. He carried the ball 20/gm.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2017, 11:09:31 AM »
But Dillon was younger and had more left than AP. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2017, 11:48:29 AM »
My point was only that Bill's not adverse to utilizing a strong run game if the option is available. It will always be a pass first O, but it doesn't need to be a pass only O, which is mostly the case now.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »
Oh there's no doubt Bill is willing to do so.  The uproar up here is 2 weeks ago the ownership said they took Joe Dixon off the board for the draft because he hit a female.  So the media heads are now wondering if the ownership and BB are on the same page.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2017, 12:41:11 PM »
Oh there's no doubt Bill is willing to do so.  The uproar up here is 2 weeks ago the ownership said they took Joe Dixon off the board for the draft because he hit a female.  So the media heads are now wondering if the ownership and BB are on the same page.
Assuming you mean Joe Mixon, the running back, why would anybody think he was ever on the draft board? In any case, BB and Kraft are polar opposites of Jerry and Jimmy. They both know damn well how important the other is.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »
I know that but you know the Boston media going hogwild.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »
The Boston media are a bunch of lunatics.    Bill is not averse to any player, regardless of history, but unlike the Cowboys and Bengals, the margin for error is pretty thin.  They don't care who you are, but you CANNOT disrupt the clubhouse.  Period. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »
You should hear it up here.  It's funny.  The media needs something to talk about to stir up talk.  It's as bad as the national media with politics.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
I don't think Belichick is stock piling all of that receiving talent to all of a sudden wanna change his offense to one that features a RB who needs 20+ carries a game.  They are fine with their two pass catching RBs and a marginal runner (like Blount).

Not surprised about Romo.  No point in playing only to get hurt again.  Take the money and the great CBS gig.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2017, 05:39:44 PM »
You should hear it up here.  It's funny.  The media needs something to talk about to stir up talk.  It's as bad as the national media with politics.

Lol I think Gronk has given the media enough to talk about the last 4 days.

As far as AP, he is not a Bill fit. I get trying to get a SOLID run game going to save the ageing Brady.  They are a dink and dunk passing team. Brady does have the arm to throw a bomb. INHO, make your offensive line solid rather than hire an old running back.

Then again, I think Bill knows what he is doing

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2017, 06:47:38 PM »
Dink and dunk?  Lol. You did see Brady was at the top 3 for passes 20 yards and more last season. Besides. I love that most only can put down Brady saying he's a Dink and dunk passers-by.

If so, more QB'S should try.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2017, 08:06:15 PM »
Hey hey, take it eason there fella.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2017, 08:10:05 PM »
Hey hey, take it eason there fella.

Eason?  That whimp.  Also...

• DT.net Member
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
What about my birth stone?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2017, 08:15:48 PM »
What about my birth stone?

I don't even know mine! :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2017, 08:23:56 PM »
My mom's a jewelry freak.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
I never was but sports and music is where I blew my money.

• DT.net Member