Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210653 times)

Offline PowerSlave

Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1470 on: October 18, 2017, 08:32:04 AM »
3. Pittsburgh - they are still a schizo team, but 4-2 is 4-2, and that was an impressive win at KC; they'd be the best team if they were that prepared every week

Isn't that the truth. It's become almost cliche around Pittsburgh at this point. We simply wait for this super skilled team to get up for the tough games and completely fall apart on the road against sub-500 teams.

I was very happy to see them running the ball so well. The only downside was how they didn't finish drives.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1471 on: October 18, 2017, 10:28:18 AM »
3. Pittsburgh - they are still a schizo team, but 4-2 is 4-2, and that was an impressive win at KC; they'd be the best team if they were that prepared every week

Isn't that the truth. It's become almost cliche around Pittsburgh at this point. We simply wait for this super skilled team to get up for the tough games and completely fall apart on the road against sub-500 teams.

I was very happy to see them running the ball so well. The only downside was how they didn't finish drives.

Yeah the red zone continues to be an issue, but you are right. It seems like Bell is hitting his stride now, which is great.

Also, let's not forget that the D looked fantastic Sunday. If they can play above average on that side of the ball, the offense will come.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1472 on: October 18, 2017, 12:38:34 PM »
Also, let's not forget that the D looked fantastic Sunday. If they can play above average on that side of the ball, the offense will come.

I'm not sure they'll be THAT happy, but it'll make their jobs easier.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1473 on: October 18, 2017, 07:28:57 PM »

Yeah the red zone continues to be an issue, but you are right. It seems like Bell is hitting his stride now, which is great.

I'm not sure I agree with that.  He still didn't look very good on Sunday.  Had that game been two years ago, they would have won 30-10.  He had a pretty mediocre day, except for the TD to Brown, which was a fluke (should have been picked, only for Brown to make a great play). 

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1474 on: October 18, 2017, 08:57:30 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with that.  He still didn't look very good on Sunday.  Had that game been two years ago, they would have won 30-10.  He had a pretty mediocre day, except for the TD to Brown, which was a fluke (should have been picked, only for Brown to make a great play).

Bell looked great, but if you're thinking of Ben then yes, it wasn't a stellar day by any means. I'd call it stable, though.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1475 on: October 19, 2017, 07:01:24 AM »

Bell looked great, but if you're thinking of Ben then yes, it wasn't a stellar day by any means. I'd call it stable, though.

Yeah Kev, are you getting your "Bs" mixed up? Bell looked great Sunday. 179 yards, averaging just over 5.5 per carry, and a TD...

Brown had what I consider a bad game for him. Yes, he had the Sportscenter highlight reel TD catch which was impressive but his idiot move on the free kick was ridiculously bad, and Ben's pick on Sunday was due to AB stopping while running his route. More cons in that game for me than pros.

Powerslave - I agree Ben was okay, not great, not bad. But honestly, that's a step in the right direction. If Ben can simply play average, he has enough tools around him to do okay with this team this year.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1476 on: October 19, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
Yep, I got my B's mixed up there. :facepalm: :lol

Bell looked dynamic and he should touch the ball as much as possible.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1477 on: October 19, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
Yep, I got my B's mixed up there. :facepalm: :lol

Bell looked dynamic and he should touch the ball as much as possible.

:lol That's what I figured. Sunday was like a coming out game (which he was long overdue for) for Bell this year. The Steelers offense runs so much better when Bell is the primary focus and gets a lot of touches. That opens everything else up.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1478 on: October 19, 2017, 07:41:18 PM »
Guess Marshawn Lynch was ready for a vacation from his return to football. He's definitely going to get a good one. I think that's the most contact I've seen against a ref.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1479 on: October 19, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »
Glad he left the Seahwaks now...haha dumbass.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1480 on: October 19, 2017, 07:58:17 PM »

He wasn't amazing, but considering 3 of those picks the week before were tipped, he deserved some luck going the other way.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1481 on: October 19, 2017, 08:09:00 PM »
Guess Marshawn Lynch was ready for a vacation from his return to football. He's definitely going to get a good one. I think that's the most contact I've seen against a ref.

Yeah, I decided to turn it over to the football game since the Cubs were getting their ass handed to them, and seen that right off. Monumental stupidity would be an under statement.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1482 on: October 19, 2017, 09:55:21 PM »
I probably shouldn't have stayed up so late watching this game, but that was a helluva finish!

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1483 on: October 19, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
Now that was a fantastic game.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1484 on: October 19, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »
Yeah, helluva finish, indeed.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1485 on: October 19, 2017, 10:01:36 PM »
Crazy finish.  I thought Cook's play was a TD (he didn't secure the ball until he was in the end zone), but I guess justice prevailed several untimed plays later.  :lol :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1486 on: October 20, 2017, 07:23:28 AM »

That was stupid on every level.  He wasn't even on the field for that play!!!  Flags were already thrown for the hit on Carr, so he wasn't protecting his QB.   Poor judgment.  Rather, NO judgment.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1487 on: October 20, 2017, 11:20:09 AM »

That was stupid on every level.  He wasn't even on the field for that play!!!  Flags were already thrown for the hit on Carr, so he wasn't protecting his QB.   Poor judgment.  Rather, NO judgment.

Oh, c'mon... surely there's a way you could defend his actions.  :neverusethis:

THAT was a crazy finish - pretty much what we should expect from the NFL this year.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1488 on: October 22, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
The Broncos offense is total trash now.  The o-line is back to being awful, and Siemian is now showing why he was a 7th round pick. Yuck.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1489 on: October 22, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »
lol at Bears beating Panthers

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1490 on: October 22, 2017, 03:57:58 PM »
The Broncos offense is total trash now.  The o-line is back to being awful, and Siemian is now showing why he was a 7th round pick. Yuck.

I'm shocked watching it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1491 on: October 22, 2017, 04:00:53 PM »
So, since the Cowboys safety is their backup kicker and he's kicking FG's and extra points, does he score points for Dallas's defense in fantasy?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1492 on: October 22, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
Our local game is the Dallas game. They should've just switched it at Halftime to the Seahawks/Giants game.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1493 on: October 22, 2017, 05:43:56 PM »

This team has 5-11 written all over it. Once Lynch is healthy, they should put him out there just to see what they have in him even if he hasn't looked great so far. They have nothing to lose at this point. Not sure how many more games I can watch with Siemian at QB.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1494 on: October 22, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »
So, since the Cowboys safety is their backup kicker and he's kicking FG's and extra points, does he score points for Dallas's defense in fantasy?
Nope. If you'd started the guy as an IDP then he would get the points, assuming that the software running the league could make it work. Kicking points wouldn't be credited to the team D, though.

And damn, I'm real sorry I missed that. I love seeing emergency skill players called upon. Emergency kickers and quarterbacks are a hoot. Legend has it that Vince Wilfork was the EQB at one point. Who wouldn't have wanted to see that?
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1495 on: October 22, 2017, 06:51:34 PM »
So now hand checking is a penalty.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1496 on: October 22, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »
Our local game is the Dallas game. They should've just switched it at Halftime to the Seahawks/Giants game.

Unbelievable that the number 1 Fox announcing team (Aikman and whomever was filling in for Joe Buck this week) was assigned to a game between a 2-3 and 0-6 team. The Dallas bias is strong.

This team has 5-11 written all over it. Once Lynch is healthy, they should put him out there just to see what they have in him even if he hasn't looked great so far. They have nothing to lose at this point. Not sure how many more games I can watch with Siemian at QB.

I'm not sure it matters, as long as the o-line is this bad. A week ago, I was thinking they had to win against the Giants and Chargers to have a real shot at the playoffs, given their next three games.  Having lost both now, the party's over.  What a shame to see this defense going to waste on a team with such a bad offense.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: October 22, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »
Keep being aggressive Falcons.  Thank you.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1498 on: October 22, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »
On the second play of the game, Burfict kicked a Steelers player in the head. This guy is SUCH a piece of garbage. "Safety first" right Goodall?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1499 on: October 22, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »
I'm coming pretty close to sending a fruit basket to the Patriots.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1500 on: October 22, 2017, 08:53:49 PM »

Send it to Steve Sarkisian.  If that clown isn't fired tomorrow, the Falcons are as dumb as Lloyd Christmas.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1501 on: October 22, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »

*Clears throat*

• DT.net Member
Just ribbing you and panhandling for beer at the same time :P
« Reply #1502 on: October 22, 2017, 08:58:30 PM »
Deal. Now where's that Xocoveza you mentioned two years ago?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1503 on: October 22, 2017, 09:01:59 PM »
I just saw it out here yesterday.

Btw, you said you have up drinking, remember.  I had to take care of those babies.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1504 on: October 22, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »
lol and now I'm drinking Bud Ice. I need to find a good beer place out here in NOLA now that I don't have Total Wine like I did in NC and FL. Also, I hope you read my retitled subject line in the former post.

Also, I can't believe the Saints went from 0-2 and looking like the Payton/Brees era was in need of the Ol' Yeller treatment to leading the division in just a month. I don't expect them to hold the lead for long without a few bumps along the way but a wildcard at the very least would be very nice.