Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211006 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1190 on: September 29, 2017, 01:33:46 PM »
In his CUBbie hole.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1191 on: September 29, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »
I think Romo has been excellent.

Said no one ever

He's a thousand times better than Buck/Aikman. I actually liked him more the 2nd time I heard him than the first. I bet he'll continue to improve.

Man, you have the biggest hate-on for Joe and Troy.  Where did they touch you as a child?

Joe is just awful and Troy is bias against the packers.

In his CUBbie hole.
I see what you did there  :omg:
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1192 on: September 29, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »
Why would he be biased against the Packers? He owned them during his playing days. He should have fond memories of Green Bay. Phili I could see him disliking, there's bad blood there. Also, he's quite respectful of St. Rogers. No trouble there, either.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1193 on: September 29, 2017, 01:55:31 PM »
Love the Joe/T-Roy team. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1194 on: September 29, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
I didn't see most of the game since I dozed off early last night, but I saw the hit on Adams this morning, and that was brutal.  That has got to be a multiple game suspension.

Joe Buck is better than he used to be. Aikman is always good and manages to always be pretty impartial (despite having played for Dallas).

I think Romo is really good thus far, although I wish he would tone down saying what every play is gonna be the second before the ball is hiked.  Other than that, he is very good. His enthusiasm is refreshing.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1195 on: September 29, 2017, 03:04:17 PM »

I think Romo is really good thus far, although I wish he would tone down saying what every play is gonna be the second before the ball is hiked.  Other than that, he is very good. His enthusiasm is refreshing.
Does he get it right? Gruden was damn near psychic predicting what was going to happen.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1196 on: September 29, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »
Seems like he is right more than he is wrong. Like, he will point out how a weak corner is on a WR who is great at fade patterns, and then boom, the QB throws a fade to the WR who catches it for a TD.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1197 on: September 29, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »
He's really good at it.  It's him seeing formations and knowing what play the offense will call from the pre snap.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1198 on: September 30, 2017, 02:35:35 AM »
Romo is 100000000x better than Simms, that's for sure. And all the football people that I follow seem to think that Romo is doing a fantastic job.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1199 on: September 30, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »
Not surprisingly, of the four networks who show NFL games, ESPN has by far the worst tandem.

CBS
Jim Nantz - always great
Tony Romo - really good already and will get better

Fox
Joe Buck - solid, better than he used to be, and has great chemistry Aikman
Troy Aikman - great

NBC
Al Michaels - the best play by play football guy ever
Cris Collinsworth - some are not a fan, but I think he is really good

ESPN
Sean McDonough - he's okay, but doesn't seem nearly as good at football as he was at baseball
Jon Gruden - has gotten better after being awful at first, but still a bit too praise-effusive

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1200 on: September 30, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »
Not surprisingly, of the four networks who show NFL games, ESPN has by far the worst tandem.

CBS
Jim Nantz - always great
Tony Romo - really good already and will get better

Fox
Joe Buck - solid, better than he used to be, and has great chemistry Aikman
Troy Aikman - great

NBC
Al Michaels - the best play by play football guy ever
Cris Collinsworth - some are not a fan, but I think he is really good

ESPN
Sean McDonough - he's okay, but doesn't seem nearly as good at football as he was at baseball
Jon Gruden - has gotten better after being awful at first, but still a bit too praise-effusive

I've never been a fan of Jim Nantz. He doesn't annoy me, but I've always been kind of meh about him.

On the other hand, I can't say enough good things about Al Michaels and I agree with you 100%.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1201 on: September 30, 2017, 11:04:58 AM »
I haven't heard McDonough on MNF yet but I have always liked him.

Nantz isn't as good at football as he is at the Masters or NCAA football, but that bar is pretty high.

I like Collinsworth, and him with Michaels might be my favorite football broadcast team ever.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1202 on: September 30, 2017, 12:34:18 PM »
For the most part they all sound the same to me. I usually don't know who's calling a game. Of course some stick out. Michaels and Collinsworth certainly do, and I don't generally have a problem with them. CC can be annoying at times, but generally I like him alright. Couldn't tell McDonough from Ethel Merman, but Gruden has the best knowledge of the game of any of them. Really dig his insight. Buck and Troy have great chemistry, and overall their crew is top notch, but they don't really add anything, IMO. They're just sort of there.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1203 on: September 30, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »
Gruden does have great insight, but he gets so ridiculous sometimes.  A WR will make a great catch, but with one foot barely landing out of bounds, making in a no catch, and Gruden will say, "I say give it to him."  Yeah, I am just Jon Gruden would have been fine with that when coaching and that WR being on the opposing team. :rollin :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1204 on: September 30, 2017, 06:51:51 PM »
I would take Beasley Fucking Reese over Gruden. He blows! God, what a f'n shlockfest.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1205 on: October 01, 2017, 12:26:32 AM »
So Cincinnati and Cleveland play each other later, giving each a rare chance to get a win on the board. Or, perhaps because they're Cincinnati and Cleveland, they'll tie. What's it gonna be? High-scoring tie or low-scoring tie?

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1206 on: October 01, 2017, 08:02:54 AM »
So Cincinnati and Cleveland play each other later, giving each a rare chance to get a win on the board. Or, perhaps because they're Cincinnati and Cleveland, they'll tie. What's it gonna be? High-scoring tie or low-scoring tie?

Cincy is still the better team at this point, but I expect Cleveland to be better in a year or two. I'd take Cincy today, but I wouldn't be surprised if they blew it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1207 on: October 01, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
Miami just got shut out by the Saints.  The Saints defense.  The New Orleans Saints defense. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1208 on: October 01, 2017, 10:56:57 AM »
ugh these bullshit London games. Nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning and having one game already ended.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1209 on: October 01, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »
ugh these bullshit London games. Nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning and having one game already ended.

I actually look at it differently Chris because you get to see the late games and it ends like at 8 or 9pm.  I have to stay up till 11:30 or 12 at night on the East Coast I hate that
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1210 on: October 01, 2017, 11:21:28 AM »
That's because you're old.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1211 on: October 01, 2017, 11:24:13 AM »
That's because you're old.

Obvious statement is obvious
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1212 on: October 01, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »
Miami just got shut out by the Saints.  The Saints defense.  The New Orleans Saints defense. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I thought Miami was supposed to be decent this year?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1213 on: October 01, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1215 on: October 01, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
As a testament to how little I notice commentators I'm watching Los Patriots y Las Panteras en Espanol and actually like it better. As long as Devlin still means Devlin I can understand everything I need to know.

Interestingly, play action in Spanish is play action.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1216 on: October 01, 2017, 11:46:54 AM »
"...and he's having the time of his life."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1217 on: October 01, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »
Interestingly, play action in Spanish is play action.

Like how Banana Daiquiri is Banana Daiquiri?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1218 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:06 AM »
Boy the Pats D is bad.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1219 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:56 AM »
"...and he's having the time of his life."

:rollin :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1220 on: October 01, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1221 on: October 01, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
Nice to see Patricia lighting them up.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1222 on: October 01, 2017, 12:24:19 PM »
58 YARDS!!!!

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1223 on: October 01, 2017, 12:31:03 PM »
Just in case anyone was wondering, the AFC North is currently the worst division in football. I thought that I'd join in on some of the obvious statements that were being made today.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1224 on: October 01, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
Jets ran a successful (!) fake punt right before the half, only to end up not ready to subsequently attempt a field goal and have to eat a delay of game penalty. They then just missed the longer field goal attempt. Good reminder that I'm watching the Same Ol' Jets :lol
Photobucket sucks.