Author Topic: Anyone with a full-time job work a side gig?  (Read 1383 times)

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Anyone with a full-time job work a side gig?
« on: January 29, 2018, 08:01:57 AM »
I'd love to work a side gig in my free time to make some extra money to save for vacations and financial independence. I have yet to find something that pays well enough to be worth it while not being a huge pain in the ass. Ideally I'd do something from home. Everything I always read about side gigs involves starting a blog or doing freelance writing or web design or something. I was reading about doing proofreading as a side gig, which I think I would be really good at, but there's no central location to get jobs. You have to market yourself to potential clients and actively seek out jobs, which I don't have any interest in doing.

Anyone have a side gig? What do you do?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Anyone with a full-time job work a side gig?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »
I guess you can say I have a side gig, I also day trade which makes me some spending money.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:39:30 PM »
I have lots of side gigs. They have all worked out great and haven't had any negative impact on my primary job.

-Mike Portnoy
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 09:03:07 PM »
Curious to see some answers here, I'd love to supplement my income.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 07:21:19 AM »
One thing I've found to make a few bucks... and literally just a few is volkno.com. You watch movie trailers and provide feedback and get paid for it. I've made $16 so far over the last couple months. Again, not going to be much money, but I think watching movie trailers anyway, so why not make a couple bucks.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 07:27:51 AM »
One thing I've found to make a few bucks... and literally just a few is volkno.com. You watch movie trailers and provide feedback and get paid for it. I've made $16 so far over the last couple months. Again, not going to be much money, but I think watching movie trailers anyway, so why not make a couple bucks.

That sounds bitchin.  I'm assuming it's trailers that haven't been released to the general public first?  Kinda like a 'pilot' trailer?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 07:43:34 AM »

That sounds bitchin.  I'm assuming it's trailers that haven't been released to the general public first?  Kinda like a 'pilot' trailer?
No, that's what's weird. It's trailers you can see elsewhere. I'm really not sure how the website makes any money off of this, but I'll take the money they want to give me. It's really very little they give you. You can make a max of $.27 per trailer and you have to watch it three times to get the max. But I usually watch it fully once and then in the background the other two times, but there are things you need to do during the trailer so you have to be paying a little attention.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 09:47:45 AM »
I make $10,000 an hour from hour using these few simple tricks! Learn more here. ***~~~***
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 10:10:32 AM »
I make $10,000 an hour from hour using these few simple tricks! Learn more here. ***~~~***

:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.