Author Topic: Greatest live albums!  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Greatest live albums!
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible

This album has way too many screaming fans from what I remember. It kind of spoils it for me (although I probably haven't listened to it in like 10 years), other than that it was pretty good.

yeah, but the live version of "Jesus of Suburbia" is worth the cost of the whole record.   I'm not a huge Green Day fan, and don't at all believe they should be anywhere near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but that song...  MONSTER.

Don't you get in the RnRHOF once you've been a band for 30 years or more ?

Green Day have been a band since 1986.

Also let's not get into slinging insults at bands we don't like because I don't enjoy :kiss: either :p

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible

This album has way too many screaming fans from what I remember. It kind of spoils it for me (although I probably haven't listened to it in like 10 years), other than that it was pretty good.

yeah, but the live version of "Jesus of Suburbia" is worth the cost of the whole record.   I'm not a huge Green Day fan, and don't at all believe they should be anywhere near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but that song...  MONSTER.

Don't you get in the RnRHOF once you've been a band for 30 years or more ?

Green Day have been a band since 1986.

Also let's not get into slinging insults at bands we don't like because I don't enjoy :kiss: either :p

It's not automatic; you have to be voted in.   And for Green Day to be in before Journey, Deep Purple, Yes, The Cars, etc. is criminal.   It's less about "bands I like" than just place in history. 

And nice use of the Kiss logo.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
Fair Enough. I obvs love Green Day.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:28 AM »
Everything that's been mentioned here before.
Plus:
Off course, Deep Purple - live in Japan.
And nothing to do with Metal at ALL:

1. Parliament - P-Funk Earth Tour.
2. Earth, Wind & Fire - Gratitude.
3. Commodores - Live!
4. Rolling Stones - Love ya Live.
5. The Doors - In Concert.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »
Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live (or is this just a live DVD/Blu-Ray? Not even sure)
Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2017, 02:21:14 AM »
Ozzy - Live & Loud (As much as I like Tribute, my introduction to Ozzy was No More Tears+Live & Loud)
Kansas - Two For The Show
Halford - Live Insurrection
Savatage - Final Bell/Ghost in The Ruins
Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2017, 02:26:50 AM »
Daft Punk - Alive 2007

Also might be one of the best albums to workout to

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2017, 06:21:50 AM »
Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live (or is this just a live DVD/Blu-Ray? Not even sure)

No, I have this on audio cd, good recommendation by the way  :tup
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
Queen....'Live Killers' sounded almost exactly as the show I saw in Kalamazoo '78.  A REAL shame that 'Somebody To Love' was not included.  'Live Magic' was terrible in editing and pix and just everything.  I only knew it existed back in the day was because I would stop at Wazoo Records, and purchased the Canadian vinyl

'Wembley'....except for Brian's guitar sounding off due to the wind and stadium...what a treat!  Montreal and Milton Keynes sounds are superb.  The track listings lack at times, but the shows are terrific.

'Rainbow' March and November '74......WOW!  I mean, 'WOW!'  Superb!

'Odeon' (Hammersmith'75)....I had the bootleg DVD years before, the audio decades before.  The band doing BoRhap in various segments hurts, but it is more than worth a listen

Not mentioned....Bruce '75-85'.  A more than fair offering, though the cost, exclusions, different eras, and the fact that it was not just one show, really hurt.  But, it is 'good+'.  A shame it wasn't a three or four vinyl show from '85.

Previously mentioned:  Journey 'Captured':  too loud of fake crowd noise, the pace is as if they were all on speed, and I HATE the fact that 'Wheel In The Sky/Anyway You Want It' has zero gap for crowd applause.  Thank goodness for the '3' version.

That same fake loud crowd noise ruins KISS 'Alive II' (as well as Side 4 being studio cuts), as well as Qryche's 'Operation:  Livecrime'.

Van Halen, 'Right Here, Right Now':   Too many F.U.C.K. tracks, no 'Black And Blue', the 'You Really Got Me/Cabo Wabo' medley'.  It COULD have been one of the best live albums ever.

Led Zeppelin, 'The Song Remains The Same'....the original vinyl was such a boring cluster, the remaster not so bad.  'How The West Was Won' is A+.

Oh, and two snaps and a clap for 'Score'.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!