Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 289994 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #4410 on: July 22, 2017, 06:56:30 AM »
I'm dead tired from Maiden last night.  I think it was the best Maiden concert I've gone to.  Lots of foreigners who travelled and honestly made it more fun since it wasn't your typical tame American crowd.  The jumping and moshing was great.  I got real close too and juuuuuussttt missed catching Adrian's guitar pick.  The guy who got it (next to me) showed it to me, looked pretty cool.  I was jelly.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4411 on: July 22, 2017, 06:58:12 AM »
Sounds like an awesome time cramx

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4412 on: July 22, 2017, 08:57:41 AM »
Morning peeps
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4413 on: July 22, 2017, 08:59:14 AM »
Morning Jay! What's up?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4414 on: July 22, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
Sitting at work trying to wake up. Dreading what's coming after work. Big bowling tournament. I haven't bowled in several months (took the summer off due to wrist issues). Tonight is going to help me decide if I go back to bowling full time or night when my league starts back up. Also, my ex's family is going to be there (drama), and certain members of my current GF's family may be there (there's drama going on in that family). 

I actually don't mind seeing my ex and her family, but my GF and that family have a lot of bad blood (that has nothing to do with me). I actually kind of want to talk to her, as I know she (my ex) is having some medical issues and is going to have to have surgery sometime soon. I'm not supposed to know this, but it's hard to not learn stuff when her best friend is also one of your closest friends :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4415 on: July 22, 2017, 09:12:42 AM »
Oh right, work. I just assume everyone is at home on the weekend.
If you both have a mutual close friend, you'd think your ex would have figured you'd know by now.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4416 on: July 22, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
He used to be really good at keeping my and her personally lives from each other, but I think he's gotten to the point where he doesn't give a shit anymore.

So.. there's this one chick who's a resident here at work. Drop dead gorgeous. Probably one of the most beautiful women I've ever met. I completely melt whenever I see her. Like.. just a simple smile and a wave and that's all it takes. I've known her for 3 years and my brain turns off and my vocal subprocessors malfunction when she stops to talk to me...

Well she just spent 10 minutes chatting with me. I may need to excuse myself and hit the restroom for a couple minutes.  And by a couple I mean a minute. Most of that is clean up time.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4417 on: July 22, 2017, 10:15:00 AM »
I'm at my in law's barber shop getting my old man a haircut.

Then out to lunch.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4418 on: July 22, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »

Then out to lunch.

What are we having?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4419 on: July 22, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »

Then out to lunch.

What are we having?

Your crush OMNOMNOMNOM

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4420 on: July 22, 2017, 10:27:08 AM »
 :lol

Not sure yet.  I'm trying to figure out where to go.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4421 on: July 22, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »

Then out to lunch.

What are we having?

Your crush OMNOMNOMNOM

I don't think I wanna share that meal with ya'll. No Offense :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4422 on: July 22, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »
I'm having a chicken ciabata sammch.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4423 on: July 22, 2017, 02:34:16 PM »
I'm apparently eating a Meatloaf sandwich.

Long story short, Dealt with some bullshit.  Was rewarded with a sandwich.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4424 on: July 23, 2017, 05:17:03 AM »
Good Sunday morning DTF.

Jay... not sure if meatloaf is a euphemism for something?

So, what's the deal with Kotowboy.  I've noticed we have't been rewarded for a few weeks with his .... unique ... form of posting.  Is he just a full-time lurker now?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4425 on: July 23, 2017, 05:27:44 AM »
Thought the same thing Chad.  Morning. 

My cell phone didn't charge last night. My fault.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4426 on: July 23, 2017, 07:29:11 AM »
So we took 1st place last night. My ex and her family stormed out of the bowling alley when my name was called. People are  actually calling the results fixed.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4427 on: July 23, 2017, 07:36:24 AM »
Congrats, Jay!
Wouldn't it be pretty obvious if someone fixed bowling? And also, why would someone fix bowling? :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4428 on: July 23, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
That's what I was thinking :lol

G'morning all.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4429 on: July 23, 2017, 08:11:58 AM »
Good Sunday morning DTF.

Jay... not sure if meatloaf is a euphemism for something?

So, what's the deal with Kotowboy.  I've noticed we have't been rewarded for a few weeks with his .... unique ... form of posting.  Is he just a full-time lurker now?

I'll shoot him a message and ask.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4430 on: July 23, 2017, 08:48:58 AM »
Congrats, Jay!
Wouldn't it be pretty obvious if someone fixed bowling? And also, why would someone fix bowling? :lol

He corked his bowling ball! :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4431 on: July 23, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »
The tournament is ran by my GF's Dad's GF. My GF's dad was my partner.

The only way it would be fixed would be putting in an inaccurate average, which would give someone more handicap (or less, depending on how you do it.) Our averages are slightly lower than they were 4 years ago (last time I actively bowled with a lot of these people), but if you look at our official book averages (which are updated annually via the USBC- the governing body, and it's based on the average of our averages for that year. I've only been bowling 1 sanctioned league a year, and my average has been consistently low for 3 years now. It's all information that they all have access to. And our actual scores were witnessed and verified by people bowling around us who have no reason to lie to help us.

They're just being assholes. I tried making conversation with my ex's mother earlier in the evening (she was a mother figure to me at one time) and she blew me off.

One note though- my ex looks just like her mother now. She wears her hair the same way. She wears the same clothes. Hell, her figure has gone to hell as well. I find that amusing.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4432 on: July 23, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »
Made it home after a weekend with Maiden in Brooklyn.  I am so beat.  Had a great time meeting up with Stadler and Axeman before the show.  I'll write up a formal review later, but Bruce essentially took all his clothes off and threw them into the crowd last night since it was the end of the tour.  My buddy almost caught his boot.  That would have made for an awesome souvenir.  It was hiliarious though watching him take his socks and pants off.  He left stage in nothing but his boxers.  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4433 on: July 23, 2017, 09:05:27 AM »
Bruce is fucking awesome

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4434 on: July 23, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
:lol :lol I left halfway through Blood Brothers to catch a bus so I missed that.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4435 on: July 23, 2017, 12:45:12 PM »
Had there not been a going-away shindig for some friends last night, probably would have joined you guys.

And in the continuing saga of us being suckers for this kind of thing, we're taking on two rescue/foster kittens this afternoon, which will bring us up to 9 kittens that we've rescued.  They're both torties, somewhere 2-4 month range (we haven't met them yet).
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4436 on: July 23, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
That's awesome, so cool of you guys to foster so many cats.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4437 on: July 23, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »
Had there not been a going-away shindig for some friends last night, probably would have joined you guys.

And in the continuing saga of us being suckers for this kind of thing, we're taking on two rescue/foster kittens this afternoon, which will bring us up to 9 kittens that we've rescued.  They're both torties, somewhere 2-4 month range (we haven't met them yet).

We have a Tortie and she is pretty awesome. She'll almost always meow back to you if you speak to her.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4438 on: July 23, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »
In possibly related news...anyone want two tortie kittens?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4439 on: July 23, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »
I wish but Lily wouldn't have it, she had a hard enough time adjusting to the dogs.

Our german shepherd is still afraid of her :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4440 on: July 24, 2017, 05:05:08 AM »
Morning all

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4441 on: July 24, 2017, 08:25:33 AM »
What a boring day, nothing but HR web classes at work.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4442 on: July 24, 2017, 08:28:53 AM »
Well I'm programming a rhino, so yeah.......

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4443 on: July 24, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »
In possibly related news...anyone want two tortie kittens?

My cats not very good with other animals it seems.  I adopted him with another cat, who I had to put down shortly after adoption, but ever since I've had friends bring their pets over, he gets very hostile and unfriendly towards them, very dominant with the house (he smacked a pitbull last week).  Because of that, and that I think one cat is enough for me, I don't think I can adopt another.

Also, Monday morning commutes are starting to really suck.  They are doing bridge work over the weekend between NJ and Staten Island which is causing major headaches on the Sunday night home from the shore drives, that spreads into my home town, but many are now leaving Monday mornings clogging up my commute.  Almost 2 hours to get in this morning taking all back roads.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4444 on: July 24, 2017, 09:05:57 AM »
Shit, that's a long trip, cram. How long will you have to put up with that for?