Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 290022 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #4340 on: July 16, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
Afternoon guys.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4341 on: July 17, 2017, 05:02:58 AM »
Morning everyone.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4342 on: July 17, 2017, 05:28:57 AM »
Morning

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4343 on: July 17, 2017, 06:59:11 AM »
Whassup!?!?  Slept my ass in ... dogs were kind enough to do so as well.  Didn't get up until 8:15.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4344 on: July 17, 2017, 07:02:02 AM »
Slow day here so far, so just getting in some studying. Tomorrow will be a busy day so I'm taking advantage of this free time.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #4345 on: July 17, 2017, 10:19:06 AM »
This week might actually slow down with the meetings. I'm up to date so far with my projects, just continuing to work on content QA and processes.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4346 on: July 17, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
Howdy all. Nice quiet Monday after a really great long weekend in Portland. Just need to work a full week this week and then I'm off all of next week :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4347 on: July 17, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »
Just got to survive the week then its back to back nights with Iron Maiden.  Which reminds me, I need to plan how the hell I am going to do this weekend.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4348 on: July 17, 2017, 07:02:42 PM »
Any of you NJ folks into King Crimson?  They're at NJPAC on Halloween.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4349 on: July 17, 2017, 07:16:09 PM »
nah, I'm not that much of a masochist :P
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4350 on: July 17, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »
Nothing like management questioning if your not running right because of staffing issues or something else.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4351 on: July 18, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »
Any of you NJ folks into King Crimson?  They're at NJPAC on Halloween.

I'm not really into them.   They just recently did two nights very close to me in Red Bank at the Count Basie.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4352 on: July 18, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »
I hate people. With a passion.

So.. my property I work at has a few places where driving our golf cart is prohibited (unless you are responded to something / emergency).

We had a guy who we spoke with last night about it.  I had a conversation with a guy about it today (newer guy). He mentioned that he did it and that he didn't know that we weren't supposed to (to which I call bullshit but I gave him a chance).  Annnnd just now I see him cruising through that same section of the property which I had a conversation with him about 4 hours ago.

Fucking really?

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4353 on: July 19, 2017, 05:11:32 AM »
Good morning folks

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4354 on: July 19, 2017, 10:02:36 AM »

So.. my property I work at has a few places where driving our golf cart is prohibited (unless you are responded to something / emergency).

We had a guy who we spoke with last night about it.  I had a conversation with a guy about it today (newer guy). He mentioned that he did it and that he didn't know that we weren't supposed to (to which I call bullshit but I gave him a chance).  Annnnd just now I see him cruising through that same section of the property which I had a conversation with him about 4 hours ago.

Fucking really?

Yeah, people are indeed the worst.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4355 on: July 19, 2017, 10:59:21 AM »

Fucking really?

Why are carts off limits in that particular area?

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4356 on: July 19, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
And why haven't you either fired his ass or run him over with a golf cart?  Or are employees also off-limits for driving over with the carts?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4357 on: July 19, 2017, 11:16:41 AM »
Most of the areas are due to the path being too narrow for the golf cart.

This particular area is more due to visibility. The property consists of 2 islands with public walking paths around the parameters. They are wide enough for people to walk 3 abreast, but also have sharp 90 degree turns at each corner. Years ago, one of our guys actually came within 2 feet of hitting the then HOA president and his dog. He left a skid make like 12 ft long from slamming on the brakes.  Since then we've been told to stay off it.

The guys are supposed to patrol through there on foot. Now exceptions can be made. If my guards are responding to a complaint about something there, or to a crime, or anything TIME SENSITIVE, it's okay. But it has to be legit. These guys are driving it because they are lazy.

Also - I've found that the company is very reluctant to let people go. As that causes massive overtime. People aren't lining up for this job. Haha.  I put a memo up reminding people of where they can and can't drive it. If it continues after this, I will be writing their asses up.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4358 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »
I'm probably way more excited than I should be for a piece of furniture, but I'm getting a new couch today for the living room. It's got electric recliners on both ends with built in USB ports! #fancy

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4359 on: July 19, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
That does sound fancy, but I think at our age and owning homes, buying furniture is way more enjoyable and exciting than it was when I was a kid. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4360 on: July 19, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
Hear! Hear! Home Depot trips genuinely excite me.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4361 on: July 19, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
I'm probably way more excited than I should be for a piece of furniture, but I'm getting a new couch today for the living room. It's got electric recliners on both ends with built in USB ports! #fancy

Dude.

Built in USB ports?

That's what I'm talking abut!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4362 on: July 19, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
I absolutely hate my living room couch too.  When my ex and I broke up, she took all the furniture from the house, including the awesome new living room couch.  I was kind of in a bad spot moneywise at the time and after returning from a business trip to an empty house, I had rushed to find a replacement living room.  I ended up with something that I really don't like.  Luckily I spend more time on my basement couch (which was a hand me down and is soo comfy) so the need to replace that couch isn't that high, but thinking of a new couch now is making me jelly.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4363 on: July 19, 2017, 02:53:24 PM »
Most of the areas are due to the path being too narrow for the golf cart.

This particular area is more due to visibility. The property consists of 2 islands with public walking paths around the parameters. They are wide enough for people to walk 3 abreast, but also have sharp 90 degree turns at each corner. Years ago, one of our guys actually came within 2 feet of hitting the then HOA president and his dog. He left a skid make like 12 ft long from slamming on the brakes.  Since then we've been told to stay off it.

The guys are supposed to patrol through there on foot. Now exceptions can be made. If my guards are responding to a complaint about something there, or to a crime, or anything TIME SENSITIVE, it's okay. But it has to be legit. These guys are driving it because they are lazy.

Also - I've found that the company is very reluctant to let people go. As that causes massive overtime. People aren't lining up for this job. Haha.  I put a memo up reminding people of where they can and can't drive it. If it continues after this, I will be writing their asses up.

People tend to do what they can get away with. Right now they can do whatever, with the only consequence being the subject of a DTF post.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4364 on: July 19, 2017, 03:47:33 PM »
Iron Maiden tonight guys!!  Then Trillium Brewery tomorrow! :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4365 on: July 19, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4366 on: July 19, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »

That is awesome! My gf moved into our new house last November and we bought an amazing (and very expensive couch) It's very deep so when you sit on it your feet don't touch the ground (I'm 6ft)

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4367 on: July 19, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »
Good stuff Joe :metal :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4368 on: July 19, 2017, 09:22:10 PM »
Bill, see the post your picture thread.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4369 on: July 19, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
Iron Maiden tonight guys!!  Then Trillium Brewery tomorrow! :metal

Joe, in Norton, there is Bog Iron beers. Not sure where.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4370 on: July 19, 2017, 09:49:42 PM »
I'll check them out.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4371 on: July 20, 2017, 05:07:33 AM »
Morning all

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4372 on: July 20, 2017, 07:04:09 AM »
Morning.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4373 on: July 20, 2017, 07:16:37 AM »
Morning chumps and Blob.  The chumpiest, chump of all chumps.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #4374 on: July 20, 2017, 07:32:53 AM »
Clients in the office for training this morning. Kinda cool showing the place off. Plus I'm only in the meetings as a face/rep since training is being conducted by our dev team. Score.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche