Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 293256 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #5495 on: September 24, 2017, 10:16:38 AM »
I can't wait till we are out of out "hot" season and back into our "meh" season. Before the "cold" season.

Mind you, the hot season, the highs are 75F-85F. Meh = 65F-74F. Cold = 55F-64F.

We get a lot of variety here  :coolio
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5496 on: September 24, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
I would kill for highs of only 85F in summer here! LITERALLY KILL. WHY, IT MIGHT EVEN BE YOU.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5497 on: September 24, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »
85F is too hot :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5498 on: September 24, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »
It's too hot for me too, but in Summer, that's the lowest you can hope for here. Anything less than that is a miracle.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5499 on: September 24, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
I would kill for highs of only 85F in summer here! LITERALLY KILL. WHY, IT MIGHT EVEN BE YOU.

Screw you. I hate heat. I want my fall.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5500 on: September 24, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »

Screw you. I hate heat. I want my fall.

I hate heat too. You know this. :lol My point is that it gets so disgustingly hot in Summer here that a max of 85F is good by comparison.

Can I join you for your weather?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5501 on: September 24, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
Got to remember for us that's hot. Like anybody that lives in Alaska get 75 and it's too hot LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5502 on: September 24, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »
About to head into NYC and hopefully seeing lots of DTFers tonight  :yarr

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5503 on: September 24, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
Got to remember for us that's hot. Like anybody that lives in Alaska get 75 and it's too hot LOL

The one thing that really surprised me when I moved to NC is how hot the summers. Worse than florida, at least in florida I had the sea breeze.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5504 on: September 24, 2017, 06:49:55 PM »
Just takes time for your body to adapt to that. I just love the Northeast and the change of seasons.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5505 on: September 24, 2017, 07:15:49 PM »
change of seasons.

I REMEMBER A TIME IN MY FRAIL VIRGIN MIND

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5506 on: September 24, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »
change of seasons.

I call bullshit... you're mind has been fucked many a times.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5507 on: September 24, 2017, 08:16:04 PM »
change of seasons.

I call bullshit... you're mind has been fucked many a times.

This...

This is true.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #5508 on: September 25, 2017, 11:33:48 AM »
About to head into NYC and hopefully seeing lots of DTFers tonight  :yarr
:millahhhh

Been to long since I've made my presence known here.  What up?

I calculated badly last night, wound up milling around Penn Station trying to avoid the late night weirdos for about 40 minutes before my train.  Definitely should have gone for the PATH instead!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5509 on: September 25, 2017, 06:19:27 PM »
Good evening everyone. Just booked a trip to Norwich CT.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5510 on: September 25, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »
What's in CT?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5511 on: September 25, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »
Um...Norwich.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5512 on: September 25, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »
*Insert exploding :neverusethis: here *

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5513 on: September 25, 2017, 08:12:21 PM »
My gf has a work assignment there for a weekend in December, I have some PTO days to kill so I'm going up there with her. At my work you either use your days or lose them.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5514 on: September 25, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »
Tim, *knee slap*

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5515 on: September 25, 2017, 08:26:16 PM »
Nice.

I need to find my way out to CT one of these days... when I can financially do so. I have an old friend and her family (technically an ex.. but that was a loooong time ago lol) who lives out there. I haven't seen her in 12 years...  I'm still really good friends with she and her twin sister (who is actually stationed here in CA currently but is getting ready to ship off to Japan).

She actually almost brought a tear to my eye a year or so ago. We were chatting on FB and she told me she'd love for me to go spend a week out there with her. I told her I would love to when I find myself able to. To which she responded with if she ever get's married, she expects me to be present at her wedding, so get my shit together before then :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5516 on: September 25, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »
I hope you make it out there Jay!

How are things going at work?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5517 on: September 25, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
Um Jay.

Boston. A Red Sox game for you and I. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5518 on: September 26, 2017, 12:58:27 AM »
Um Jay.

Boston. A Red Sox game for you and I. 

Boston is on the list of things she wants to do if I were to ever go out there. As well as a day in NYC.

I hope you make it out there Jay!

How are things going at work?

Going okay. I am going in to train with the outgoing supervisor tomorrow for a few hours before my regular shift, and then again on Wednesday (my day off).

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5519 on: September 26, 2017, 01:15:05 AM »
Somehow I got stuck supporting a network maintenance at 3am till 7am, then continue with a normal work day.

Well, at least I got the promotion I had wanted.  Surprisingly too.  I had just had a convo with my boss about wanting to get that (I had thought I earned it already) only a few days ago to which he said it takes a year and be patient.... only to find out the promotion was done and he just wasn't allowed to tell me yet.  Anyway, I have a senior job title and got an 8% bump in pay to go along with that.  I am so happy except for ya know, working at 3am.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5520 on: September 26, 2017, 01:28:08 AM »
Somehow I got stuck supporting a network maintenance at 3am till 7am, then continue with a normal work day.

Well, at least I got the promotion I had wanted.  Surprisingly too.  I had just had a convo with my boss about wanting to get that (I had thought I earned it already) only a few days ago to which he said it takes a year and be patient.... only to find out the promotion was done and he just wasn't allowed to tell me yet.  Anyway, I have a senior job title and got an 8% bump in pay to go along with that.  I am so happy except for ya know, working at 3am.

Congrats! Imagine if you'd gotten sick of not progressing and said something regretful or quit on the spot. :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5521 on: September 26, 2017, 05:09:05 AM »
Good morning dudes.

Congrats Cramx!

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #5522 on: September 26, 2017, 06:07:33 AM »

Congrats! Imagine if you'd gotten sick of not progressing and said something regretful or quit on the spot. :lol

Congrats!  I've been on both sides of that conversation...   :lol
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5523 on: September 26, 2017, 07:02:15 AM »
Thanks guys and that morning work went so terrible, not for me personally, but for some others I work which lead it to go on for a few hours longer than it should have.  Now just made it in for a "normal day" although im guessing I leave before 6pm.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5524 on: September 26, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »
Grats Cram.

Ugh.. I'm trying to work up the will power to go to work.. Supposed to go in early but no set time. Finding the motivation is hard.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5525 on: September 26, 2017, 05:51:32 PM »
Tell me about it Jay, this week I've been swamped at work, I've been coming home and just spacing out until bed time.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5526 on: September 26, 2017, 05:55:13 PM »
I'm doing that now.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5527 on: September 26, 2017, 06:00:09 PM »
Finally grew the balls to head in at 11:30. Did some training for 3 hours, and now on to my regular shit (till 11pm).

My supervisor wants me to come in for a full 8 hours tomorrow for training. Tomorrow is my day off.  I told him not to expect me at 7am, but I'll be in sometime for a few hours :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5528 on: September 27, 2017, 01:33:47 PM »
Ya'll alive?

I got out of having to go in for training today, which I actually find really annoying.

My outgoing supervisor texted me at 7am telling me he was calling out, so we have to reschedule the training. There's a limited time frame for this, and only specific days we can get together due to his schedule.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5529 on: September 27, 2017, 06:03:13 PM »
Sounds like he has already checked out of his job