Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 293130 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #5180 on: September 07, 2017, 08:03:48 AM »
 :lol

BTW the guy that commented on the tie color made me think how perfect you have to have these characters because the internet is full of these people that like to point out ever little thing that's not perfection.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5181 on: September 07, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »

BTW the guy that commented on the tie color made me think how perfect you have to have these characters because the internet is full of these people that like to point out ever little thing that's not perfection.

Well he wasn't wrong! I was going to fix it though. :hat
You should see the dumb comments I get on some of my videos. You'd be amazed how many people comment on my Star Wars video very seriously about how C3PO wouldn't act like that and that's not how he got his arm. NO SHIT. What part of parody did they not get? :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5182 on: September 07, 2017, 08:21:37 AM »

I always forget to look at the comments. I will tonight! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5183 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:01 AM »
Prepare to have your brain cells damaged. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5184 on: September 07, 2017, 09:34:35 AM »
I can do that on my own though! :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5185 on: September 07, 2017, 09:37:32 AM »
But I guarantee Youtube does it faster! :neverusethis:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5186 on: September 07, 2017, 09:40:32 AM »
Depends on bandwidth. :neverusethis:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5187 on: September 07, 2017, 09:48:05 AM »
Youtube comments don't require much bandwidth with their limited vocabulary. :neverusethis:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5188 on: September 07, 2017, 11:21:09 AM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5189 on: September 07, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »
I got a pretty negative review comment on my recent battlegrounds video  :lol  But I think it's kind of funny actually.  I gave a nice response back, but sometimes I like to mess around with commenters.

Anyway, yesterday totally sucked at work, just got my ass kicked for about 15 hours straight.  So decided to take tomorrow off.  I have days to burn.  But good news is my next work trip got pushed back so I won't have to miss the Shattered Fortress show, that's been in jeopardy for the last week.  And then Saturday I get to go to PSU for the in state rival game against Pitt.  :metal

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5190 on: September 07, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »
Speaking of which, I just deleted a new comment that said "Wow this looks pretty shit. No offence to the animation, it's rather the art style that's completely off".

NO, YOU'RE PRETTY SHIT! THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!

I got a pretty negative review comment on my recent battlegrounds video  :lol  But I think it's kind of funny actually.  I gave a nice response back, but sometimes I like to mess around with commenters.

I often do this, like just reply with "thanks :)" or something, but if I'm not in a good mood, I'll just delete it. I don't think people realize that I made these videos and I read all of this. Or they just don't care.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5191 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »
I only ever deleted one comment and it was because the guy said to watch someone elses video of the same song (311's live debut of Syntax Error).  I kind of felt wrong for doing it, but I didn't like the advertising for another channel on my channel.  Although my one friend used to do that a lot on my videos and it would piss me off.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5192 on: September 07, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »
I only ever deleted one comment and it was because the guy said to watch someone elses video of the same song (311's live debut of Syntax Error).  I kind of felt wrong for doing it, but I didn't like the advertising for another channel on my channel.  Although my one friend used to do that a lot on my videos and it would piss me off.

Usually that kind of thing gets automatically flagged as spam for me anyway, but that kind of shit needs to go. Don't feel bad.

I don't delete that many comments relatively speaking (about 1% at an estimate), and I won't delete them for being negative. But when I get comments that are just bluntly asshole-ish, I don't feel bad about deleting them.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5193 on: September 07, 2017, 11:37:19 AM »
Wait until my comments show up.  You're percentage of deleted comments will skyrocket. :biggrin:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5194 on: September 07, 2017, 11:38:22 AM »
Wait until my comments show up.  You're percentage of deleted comments will skyrocket. :biggrin:

Just for grammar alone! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5195 on: September 07, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »

Wouldn't it be prudent to leave them up so it takes away the focus of any negative responses? :lol

I'm for hire.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5196 on: September 07, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »

Usually that kind of thing gets automatically flagged as spam for me anyway, but that kind of shit needs to go. Don't feel bad.

I don't delete that many comments relatively speaking (about 1% at an estimate), and I won't delete them for being negative. But when I get comments that are just bluntly asshole-ish, I don't feel bad about deleting them.

Yea, that comment wasn't generic and it clearly wasn't a spam bot or anything so that's why youtube didn't block it, but I didn't like it anyway.

Yea, I usually try to just respond to negative criticism.  Let them know who's boss.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5197 on: September 07, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »

Yea, that comment wasn't generic and it clearly wasn't a spam bot or anything so that's why youtube didn't block it, but I didn't like it anyway.

Yea, I usually try to just respond to negative criticism.  Let them know who's boss.

Did it have a link, or just say something like "look at my channel"? From memory, pretty much anything with an external link gets flagged in my experience.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5198 on: September 07, 2017, 11:56:46 AM »

Did it have a link, or just say something like "look at my channel"? From memory, pretty much anything with an external link gets flagged in my experience.

No link, that's why.  He just said what channel to watch instead.  I dont recall the exact wording.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5199 on: September 07, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »
Yeah, that's why it got past. Crafty bastard!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5200 on: September 07, 2017, 07:21:50 PM »
Evening everyone

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5201 on: September 08, 2017, 01:08:50 AM »
So

A  former coworker who bowls in my league told me that the supervisor of the Clerical Dept for the county job I was in and booted from was asking about me. Apparently she was never happy that I was canned, and wishes she could have had me just move over and work under her instead of me getting fired. She also said that she'd gladly still (a year later) have me work under her... And that if a position opened up, she recommends that I apply.

This totally made my night. Like... I was in a really dark place after all that went down last year. I'm going to keep my eyes open and throw my name in the hat if it ever comes up.

It sounds like if she had known that I was going to get canned, she would have tried to snag me. Or.. She actually might have (as she and my supervisor there were good friends) and couldn't do anything about it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5202 on: September 08, 2017, 05:00:12 AM »
There is nothing wrong with trying again Jay!

What did you do at that job again?

Good morning everyone.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5203 on: September 08, 2017, 06:13:57 AM »
Morning

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5204 on: September 08, 2017, 06:15:37 AM »
Hey, I haven't noticed you around a while. Hope you've been well. :tup

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5205 on: September 08, 2017, 06:21:48 AM »
Sir Blob. How goes it? I've been studying my ass off so I kept pushing this place to the side with every intention of making my way here at some point during the day. heh

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5206 on: September 08, 2017, 06:26:59 AM »
Occasionally some things are more important than wasting time on the internet. Only occasionally though.
So have you had your test thingy yet, or is that yet to come?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5207 on: September 08, 2017, 06:30:41 AM »
John! How are you man?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5208 on: September 08, 2017, 07:11:24 AM »
Occasionally some things are more important than wasting time on the internet. Only occasionally though.
So have you had your test thingy yet, or is that yet to come?

I won't be taking it until next Summer. The recommended preparation time is roughly a year. I have a while to go. Lots of geeking out will be done. :blob:

John! How are you man?

I'm doing good. How are things on your end, King?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5209 on: September 08, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »
Had a great vacation a few weeks ago.  Went to 3 concerts and a comedy show.  Took the wife to a botanical garden and hit up many breweries all over N.E.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5210 on: September 08, 2017, 07:18:19 AM »
That sounds like a hell of a good time. Who did you see?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5211 on: September 08, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »
That sounds like a hell of a good time. Who did you see?

Anathema, The Neil Morse Band & Haken.  Bill Burr was the comedian.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5212 on: September 08, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »
There is nothing wrong with trying again Jay!

What did you do at that job again?

Good morning everyone.

So I was a case worker for Medi-Cal (Medicaid) and Cal-Fresh (food stamps) eligibility. Basically I determined if and what people qualified for and processed their cases. That's a very very short description. If by some chance I actually go through and get hired back in, I'd be working more of the behind the scenes work.

My issue is if I apply and go through the entire hiring process again, there's no guarantee on where I'd be placed. I could wind up right there with that supervisor in my old building, or in a building on the other side of the county. Or even worse, I could be placed working in the building that's literally 2 miles from my house. Normally that'd be a godsend, but... If ya'll remember me talking about that crazy chick whom I met last year working there... who went all stalkerish? well, she works in that particular building and this job is literally the same job she has. So there'd be a chance of working literally alongside her.

That would not end well :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5213 on: September 08, 2017, 10:23:47 AM »
Get the car all lubed up before the road trip to psu tomorrow.  Hit 130k miles so getting a full tune up and the works.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5214 on: September 08, 2017, 06:01:34 PM »
Evening guys. Finally the weekend!