Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 292665 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #2765 on: April 27, 2017, 01:42:56 PM »
There's a pretty big difference between taking out a couple of locust trees, trimming up a 30 foot maple and doing anything significant to a New England oak tree. Still, $6,000 sounds pretty steep.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2766 on: April 27, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »
There's a pretty big difference between taking out a couple of locust trees, trimming up a 30 foot maple and doing anything significant to a New England oak tree. Still, $6,000 sounds pretty steep.

It's a 90+ year old behemoth that spit early on and grew into two giant trees joined at the bottom. Each trunk is about 30" across. It's on the corner of my house and is arching all the way over the street and is hovering over my neighbor's garage. They'll have to close the road to remove it.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2767 on: April 27, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »
Okay, that sounds about right now.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2768 on: April 27, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »
So we got some fancy new Dell servers for testing and evaluation.  So new that there are no documentations yet on it.  But they need me to flash the bios.... needless to say Delll is here right now struggling to do the same after I couldnt figure it out  :lol

Sounds interesting. Why the bios flash?

I've started documenting how the content server works for our document storage because none of my co-workers could explain it to me and suggested I ask offshore who doesn't really know either.

It blows me away that a company this massive licensed software from a team 4 guys somewhere in Europe.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2769 on: April 28, 2017, 07:24:07 AM »
So we got some fancy new Dell servers for testing and evaluation.  So new that there are no documentations yet on it.  But they need me to flash the bios.... needless to say Delll is here right now struggling to do the same after I couldnt figure it out  :lol

Sounds interesting. Why the bios flash?

I've started documenting how the content server works for our document storage because none of my co-workers could explain it to me and suggested I ask offshore who doesn't really know either.

It blows me away that a company this massive licensed software from a team 4 guys somewhere in Europe.

They probably got a kick back for that  :lol

And my dell fiasco continues today.  It's brand new hardware and I think they want everyone who is testing and evaluating it to have the latest and greatest BIOS and other firmwares.  Essentially the Dell guy who came here yesterday left saying none of it was necessary (after him and I struggled to follow to terrible evaluation instructions) and Dell sent out the firmware and info for a different type of new server, not the one we have.  An hour later I get an email saying he's coming back in (today) to complete the bios upgrade because it's actually the same BIOS for both servers and they were all just confused.  :lol On top of that, I need to install another brand new test server from Dell.  I'm more interested in that one as it's likely something we will buy in the thousands.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2770 on: April 28, 2017, 07:33:06 AM »
That's pretty awesome cramx, id love to do something more technical here. Most of the day I surf the web with my phone lol.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2771 on: April 28, 2017, 09:17:31 AM »
Hello everyone.

Payday on Friday = Pork chops, fried potatoes and sleep nekid! Woohoo!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2772 on: April 28, 2017, 09:37:05 AM »
Nice, I love the every other weekend pay day.  My money shows up when I wake up Saturday morning.  It's a great way to start the weekend (my payday is tomorrow, and this month had 3 pay days cha-ching!)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2773 on: April 28, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »
My only payday is my Youtube payday, which is once a month if I make the minimum threshold. Next month I'll actually get paid! :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2774 on: April 28, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
Ugh, absolutely useless at my desk today. Got a call about 20 minutes after I got here from my dad, in tears, that my mom (who is visiting a friend of hers about 2.5 hours away) was out for a morning walk and got dizzy and maybe collapsed or passed out or something and had been taken to the hospital, and that he and my sister were driving down there. He called about an hour later that the friend told him she was awake and seemed fine for all intents and purposes but they're going to give her a CAT scan anyway since they don't know what happened. He should be getting there about now, so hopefully I'll get another call soon.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2775 on: April 28, 2017, 09:55:22 AM »
That sucks, axe.

Hopefully you know something soon.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2776 on: April 28, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »
Damn thats not a good way to start a Friday.  Glad she's seemingly OK, hopefully it's something simple like dehydration and not serious.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2777 on: April 28, 2017, 09:57:59 AM »
Ugh, absolutely useless at my desk today. Got a call about 20 minutes after I got here from my dad, in tears, that my mom (who is visiting a friend of hers about 2.5 hours away) was out for a morning walk and got dizzy and maybe collapsed or passed out or something and had been taken to the hospital, and that he and my sister were driving down there. He called about an hour later that the friend told him she was awake and seemed fine for all intents and purposes but they're going to give her a CAT scan anyway since they don't know what happened. He should be getting there about now, so hopefully I'll get another call soon.

Glad she seems to be doing alright. Any history of low blood sugar in the family?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2778 on: April 28, 2017, 10:30:04 AM »
Damn that blows.  Scary situation for anyone, but for those getting on in their years, there are so many possibilities.  Hopefully is something as innocent as low blood pressure/sugar or dehydration or some shit like that.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2779 on: April 28, 2017, 10:46:24 AM »
Just got off the phone with my dad. Doesn't sound like she ever fainted or anything. She was about a mile into her run and felt like something was wrong. Went to turn around and go back to the house and couldn't make it all the way back, was supporting herself on a street sign or something and someone was passing by and helped. Evidently what happened was presenting like a stroke, but the CAT scan they did didn't show any signs that you'd typically see after a stroke, which the neurologist from Philadelphia they had conferenced in said he's never seen before. She's undergoing some more tests (MRI and I think MRA) now, and presumably staying there overnight before being moved somewhere local tomorrow if need be. My dad said she's awake/alert, she just doesn't quite seem 100% herself and she's having an issue raising her right leg much and keeping it elevated. I'm leaving the office and heading home, don't know much what I'm going to do with myself the rest of the day since I can't get down there.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2780 on: April 28, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »
Best wishes, Axe. Hang in there.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2781 on: April 28, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »
Bill, keep pushing your parents to get tests done.  No stone left unturned.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2782 on: April 28, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »
Thanks Podaar.

Oh I don't have to worry about that Joe. My mom is the exact opposite of an older person who is stubborn about the doctor, and she's been through it all before (skin cancer when I was young and breast cancer about five years ago).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2783 on: April 28, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »
Evening, guys

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2784 on: April 28, 2017, 04:22:45 PM »
Evening, Prog. Anything exciting planned for the weekend?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2785 on: April 28, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
Nothing too exciting. I'm heading to my parent's house tomorrow to help my father with his planting and whatnot. He's not in the best shape to be doing it all himself, so I want to give him a hand.

How about you?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2786 on: April 28, 2017, 04:40:25 PM »
Probably trying to con my son to come over and help me do some gardening. I'm not in the best of shape to be doing it all myself.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2787 on: April 28, 2017, 04:41:53 PM »
I guess he's too told to ground.  :biggrin:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2788 on: April 28, 2017, 04:43:07 PM »
Yup. College boy...actually he should be graduating this fall. Wow, I just realized that.  :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2789 on: April 28, 2017, 04:47:08 PM »
I'm not even close to that yet. She's only 7. heh

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2790 on: April 28, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
Seven is an awful time for sons, but absolutely a delight for daughters.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2791 on: April 28, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »
She is enjoying herself, so you're right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2792 on: April 28, 2017, 05:15:33 PM »
What a fucking day.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2793 on: April 28, 2017, 06:23:12 PM »
You did a lot of fucking?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2794 on: April 28, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »
If only.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2795 on: April 28, 2017, 11:01:57 PM »
Jesus fuck. 

So today is what..  The 28th?  May 1st is Monday.  We are supposed to have a schedule posted for the month of may a week before the start of the month.  Here I am..  Friday night...  Having to bug my supervisor about the schedule for May,  seeing as it hasn't been posted (or even fucking made),  and I have 2 new employees who need to know their schedules,  as well as at least 2 others who's availability changed and it needs to be reflected on the schedule as it effects shifts as of Sunday.   After explaining to my supervisor the situation,  I was told to make it. 

Keep in mind,  the process of making a  schedule here usually takes a few days.  Our turn over is so high and so many people have availability changes make a it a pain in the ass.  Dealing  with the needs of nearly 20 people across 2 accounts.  But I fucking pulled one out of my ass,  and I'm just waiting to hear back from a new girl on her ability to work 2 might shifts..  And then it's golden.  This would also mark the first time  this year that a schedule has been posted with out open shifts needing to be filled.  I deserve a fucking cookie.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2796 on: April 29, 2017, 01:46:34 AM »
You deserve a box of cookies - or maybe a freshly plucked rose smelling sweet tasting vagina.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2797 on: April 29, 2017, 05:02:23 AM »
Morning troops.  It's a lovely day in paradise here.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2798 on: April 29, 2017, 05:09:58 AM »
Hey.  Rough day yesterday.

My brother was on the phone with my dad when all the sudden you hear my dad phone, he falls and then the phone went dead. We're going into a panic we all were leaving work.

As I was leaving I saw my supervisor  in with Walmart security. He had his car stolen right out of the parking lot. Now I'm in a real panic because I need to leave but I want to deal with that. Dad got stitches on his head and we have to have a real conversation about him walking around the house without a walker while using the phone.

He was rushing to look for something and needs to slow down, put the phone down and use the walker.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2799 on: April 29, 2017, 05:14:56 AM »
Ah geez... that honks King.  It's so sad when our elderly fail to accept that they simply cannot physically do the things their mind tells that that they could/should be able to do.   :sadpanda:  Sadly, that time comes for all of us - often in stages, but later on, everything can become monumental.