Author Topic: The WITHERFALL Thread - New Year, New News!!!  (Read 2663 times)

Offline EVILPROGBOY

Re: The WITHERFALL Thread - Savatage + Nevermore + Pink Floyd = Witherfall
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »
Yeah, the official press release from them also confirms that it's Century Media that they specifically signed on with, not Inside Out. Either way, I think it's fantastic news!

I had thought for sure that the big announcement was going to be whoever their new drummer is, but alas that isn't the case yet. I'm still hoping it's Gergo Borlai personally.

New Wine Red Vinyl being released in US. https://www.witherfall.com/home/blog/witherfall-release-limted-edition-in-vino-veritas-red-wine-vinyl

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
Yeah, the official press release from them also confirms that it's Century Media that they specifically signed on with, not Inside Out. Either way, I think it's fantastic news!

I had thought for sure that the big announcement was going to be whoever their new drummer is, but alas that isn't the case yet. I'm still hoping it's Gergo Borlai personally.

New Wine Red Vinyl being released in US. https://www.witherfall.com/home/blog/witherfall-release-limted-edition-in-vino-veritas-red-wine-vinyl

Yup, already pre-ordered mine. With that purchase, I'm pretty sure that makes Witherfall's Nocturnes & Requiems the album I've purchased the most times ever (first in mp3 format on iTunes, then again on CD and now with the In Vino Veritas vinyl record). Usually I just buy an album once or twice. Never done it three times before, I think.

Oh and in the recent audio interview that Joseph and Jake did with That Drummer Guy, they mentioned that they've pretty much already written the entire second album at this point and describe a bit of the album. There's ten songs in total; six unrelated songs and a 35 minute long four-song-long suite about Adam and his death.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »
Are we talking Adam from Adam and Eve, or is this an actual person the band knows?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »
Are we talking Adam from Adam and Eve, or is this an actual person the band knows?

Adam Sagan, the band's original drummer. He died from cancer just before the first album was released.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »
Oh OK. I mean..not OK. Thank you, I didn't know.

Still my AOTY.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
Oh OK. I mean..not OK. Thank you, I didn't know.

Still my AOTY.

Yeah, it's a pretty tragic thing. Apparently Sagan was in quite a few bands over the years, like Circle II Circle and Into Eternity. It sucks that he didn't get to see how well-received the album has been by folks.

And yeah, same. I freaking love this album and can't wait to hear the next album whenever that comes out.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »
He was great. There are some great videos of Circle II CIrcle playing live with him.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
The band just posted a video on their YouTube channel that announced who the new drummer is. It's Steve Bolognese, another Into Eternity alumni like Adam Sagan was!!! Dude sounds awesome in the video!!! :metal

Here's the link to the video, btw!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0G7AoaUfZg
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:43:46 AM by Mister Gold »
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2017, 12:31:58 PM »
The band just posted a video on their YouTube channel that announced who the new drummer is. It's Steve Bolognese, another Into Eternity alumni like Adam Sagan was!!! Dude sounds awesome in the video!!! :metal

WOW, He replaced Adam in into eternity as well....

https://witherfall.com/home/blog/witherfall-welcomes-new-drummer-steve-bolognese-ex-into-eternity

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »

https://witherfall.com/home/blog/witherfall-welcomes-new-drummer-steve-bolognese-ex-into-eternity

Mhmm!

And something else that I think fellow DTF members will find really awesome- Steve Bolognese was formerly a student of Mike Mangini's at Berklee years ago and was the guy they selected to initially replace Mangini when he left the university to first join Dream Theater in 2011! He's since transferred over to teaching at a school in Los Angeles, but he's literally a pupil of a Dream Theater drummer! :metal

As an aside, I really loved Bolognese's drum work on Into Eternity's The Incurable Tragedy album. Dude's absolutely got the chops to succeed Adam here in Witherfall. I was hoping for Gergo Borlai for months, but in hindsight, I absolutely think Bolognese is the perfect guy to carry on the torch that Adam lit behind the drumkit for the band. He'll do right by Adam, I have no doubts about that whatsoever! :metal
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
really?

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2017, 07:56:49 PM »
Looks like another album is in the works! https://www.facebook.com/witherfall/photos/a.377664985729428.1073741828.377655475730379/932588786903709/?type=3&notif_id=1510382452256771&notif_t=like&ref=notif

Mhmm!

And something else that I think fellow DTF members will find really awesome- Steve Bolognese was formerly a student of Mike Mangini's at Berklee years ago and was the guy they selected to initially replace Mangini when he left the university to first join Dream Theater in 2011! He's since transferred over to teaching at a school in Los Angeles, but he's literally a pupil of a Dream Theater drummer! :metal

As an aside, I really loved Bolognese's drum work on Into Eternity's The Incurable Tragedy album. Dude's absolutely got the chops to succeed Adam here in Witherfall. I was hoping for Gergo Borlai for months, but in hindsight, I absolutely think Bolognese is the perfect guy to carry on the torch that Adam lit behind the drumkit for the band. He'll do right by Adam, I have no doubts about that whatsoever! :metal

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2017, 01:06:54 AM »
Looks like another album is in the works! https://www.facebook.com/witherfall/photos/a.377664985729428.1073741828.377655475730379/932588786903709/?type=3&notif_id=1510382452256771&notif_t=like&ref=notif

Yup, saw that a couple days ago! Very excited to see how that turns out! And sorry for not confirming it a few months back, but yeah, Steve Bolognese was Mike Mangini's student and briefly succeeded him as a professor at Berklee when Mangini first joined Dream Theater. Dude's a perfect pick for succeeding Adam Sagan! :metal
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
Re: The WITHERFALL Thread - New Year, New News!!!
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2018, 04:52:00 AM »
So a few big things to bring up here!!! :metal

1. Witherfall has officially announced their live debut show will be at this year's 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise early next month!

2. There's a new song titled "The Long Walk Home (December)" from Witherfall on Amazon that will be purchasable in the middle of March- but I wouldn't be surprised if the band plays it live at the aforementioned show in a few weeks and possibly release a music video for the song ahead of time.

3. Sanctuary officially announced that Witherfall vocalist Joseph Michael will fill in for the late Warrel Dane on the previously announced US tour they're doing with Iced Earth this spring as a farewell tribute to Warrel.

Oh and the band finally released their first official band photo together! Sadly Adam was diagnosed with his cancer before they got a chance to do a band photo for the Nocturnes & Requiems lineup.

Where I, the Cosmic Sea