Author Topic: The WITHERFALL Thread - SOUNDS OF THE FORGOTTEN out on May 31, 2024  (Read 46019 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The WITHERFALL Thread - A PRELUDE TO SORROW (New Album, November 2nd, 2018)
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2018, 03:41:45 PM »
Nice Kade. That's a great album. Tons to sink your teeth into. I really like how thoughtful it is. You really can't put a handle on it. It metal, but there's so much more to it. Each song is like its own journey.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2018, 04:20:09 PM »
Nice Kade. That's a great album. Tons to sink your teeth into. I really like how thoughtful it is. You really can't put a handle on it. It metal, but there's so much more to it. Each song is like its own journey.

There is definitely a lot to explore, with lots of variety.  I'm not sure why when it came out and it was recommended and rated so highly why I just dismissed it, but I'm really enjoying it now.  There will be so many new things that will be picked up on each listen I think.  The structures still seem odd, but I'm sure everything will fall into place.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2018, 10:35:23 PM »
and as I walked my hand took on a mind of its owned reached back in and picked up the album

dude, you need to be very careful

Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2018, 04:36:02 AM »
 :lol

Im liking this album.  Apologies for discussing the debut when a new one just came out but I'm really enjoying this now.  Even the quieter sort of droning sections I wasn't too keen on I'm loving now.  The end of End of Time, Finale and the outro of Nobody Sleeps Here are awesome.  Finale actually freaks me out, so eerie and disturbing.  Get a King Diamond vibe from parts of this album too.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2018, 04:46:09 AM »
Speaking of calm sections, the middle part of What We Are Dying For is amazing. Some great atmosphere and the guitar work is phenomenal.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2018, 06:22:43 AM »

Im liking this album.  Apologies for discussing the debut when a new one just came out but I'm really enjoying this now.  Even the quieter sort of droning sections I wasn't too keen on I'm loving now.  The end of End of Time, Finale and the outro of Nobody Sleeps Here are awesome.  Finale actually freaks me out, so eerie and disturbing.  Get a King Diamond vibe from parts of this album too.

It's all good. Nocturnes & Requiems is an outstanding album and I'm always happy to hear that someone likes it! Nobody Sleeps Here and Sacrifice are my two personal faves off that album, followed closely by What We Are Dying For.

Definitely looking forward to hearing what your thoughts on A Prelude to Sorrow evolve into moving forward, Kade! :metal

Speaking of calm sections, the middle part of What We Are Dying For is amazing. Some great atmosphere and the guitar work is phenomenal.

Seriously. It's one of the first songs I'd recommend someone new to Witherfall to check out, since I think it's a pretty accessible option while also showcasing some of their proggier tendencies too. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »
I've used What Are We Dying For a couple of times in roulettes, and it's always done pretty well.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
Yes, the guitar playing in the middle of that song is amazing.

Hoping now I can find the new one instore somewhere this coming weekend.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2018, 03:15:50 PM »
Still waiting for my order from WItherfall's merch store. Looks like I ordered, it got shipped late, and its taking its sweet time getting here. I bought the CD itself on Amazon, and had a media stream/download, so its not like I don't have access to the music. But I bought the blue vinyl, the black vinyl of the first record, and a shirt, and I'm still sitting here seeing it still in transit. Thankfully, Joseph answered email and gave me the tracking number, but waiting sucks.

GREAT record though. That's why I splurged on the blue vinyl.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »
Still waiting for my order from WItherfall's merch store. Looks like I ordered, it got shipped late, and its taking its sweet time getting here. I bought the CD itself on Amazon, and had a media stream/download, so its not like I don't have access to the music. But I bought the blue vinyl, the black vinyl of the first record, and a shirt, and I'm still sitting here seeing it still in transit. Thankfully, Joseph answered email and gave me the tracking number, but waiting sucks.

GREAT record though. That's why I splurged on the blue vinyl.

Wow, that's awesome.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2018, 08:16:03 AM »
He seems like a good dude. From what I can tell, he and Jake seem to run their merch, so its pretty hands-on. Makes sense in this day and age.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »
He seems like a good dude. From what I can tell, he and Jake seem to run their merch, so its pretty hands-on. Makes sense in this day and age.

Makes you want to buy their shit too as you know the money would be going to the right people.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2018, 03:07:12 PM »
I’m not a merchandise buyer but yeah Kade, I agree.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2018, 03:15:35 PM »

Yeah, I don't buy many shirts or anything that much anymore but knowing the band themselves are behind running the merch would definitely give me more incentive to buy.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2018, 03:25:06 PM »
And yet, I still don't have my merch that I bought on October 23, which was shipped on Nov. 5 from Las Vegas. I can drive to Vegas in nine hours. It should be here, and nine DAYS later, it isn't. I'm a little annoyed, even though I know it isn't their fault, per se (although shipping out almost two weeks after I ordered is ridiculous).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2018, 04:49:47 PM »
And yet, I still don't have my merch that I bought on October 23, which was shipped on Nov. 5 from Las Vegas. I can drive to Vegas in nine hours. It should be here, and nine DAYS later, it isn't. I'm a little annoyed, even though I know it isn't their fault, per se (although shipping out almost two weeks after I ordered is ridiculous).

Well I'm definitely not ordering anything from where I am then.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »

Yeah, I don't buy many shirts or anything that much anymore but knowing the band themselves are behind running the merch would definitely give me more incentive to buy.

I don't either these days but made an exception the other night.  Went to the Scorps/Def Leppard gig and thought to myself " I don't have a Scorps shirt and they're touring Oz for the first time so I'll buy their overpriced - but quite nice OZ themed - shirt).   Went inside and the bloke next to me says " Enjoy your shirt mate because Scorpions have cancelled"  ;D ::)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2018, 06:37:29 PM »

I don't either these days but made an exception the other night.  Went to the Scorps/Def Leppard gig and thought to myself " I don't have a Scorps shirt and they're touring Oz for the first time so I'll buy their overpriced - but quite nice OZ themed - shirt).   Went inside and the bloke next to me says " Enjoy your shirt mate because Scorpions have cancelled"  ;D ::)

Why did they cancel?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2018, 06:39:25 PM »
Klaus - vocal issues etc..... (ie getting a bit old for singing live every second night)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »
Klaus - vocal issues etc..... (ie getting a bit old for singing live every second night)

That's a shitter mate.  That would have annoyed the fuck out of me if I went there and didn't know.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2018, 06:47:08 PM »
Yep - only announced a few hours before on Facebook and I don't facebook (  :hifive:  Tim )

Anyway - hopefully Witherfall tour here (attempting to offset my derailing of the thread)  :)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2018, 06:59:29 PM »
Yep - only announced a few hours before on Facebook and I don't facebook (  :hifive:  Tim )

Anyway - hopefully Witherfall tour here (attempting to offset my derailing of the thread)  :)

Don't forget me mate, I'm not on facebook either.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
I saw on Bravewords that Klaus could not go in Melbourne. I did think of you Brent. He was saving himself for Sydney but ended up canceling there.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
Update on my missing Witherfall package. Unfortunately, Joseph Michael just referred me to the USPS when I asked about the status of my package. I am pretty sure that is going to lead nowhere, and I won't get what I ordered, and may even be out the $94.17 bucks I paid them.

I would have thought he would have gone the extra mile to make this right, since I'm a customer and fan. But I guess not. I'll have to figure it out on my own.

Just FYI for anyone ordering. I am sure Joseph is a busy guy, but that was really a big turn-off. It's not like it was 10 bucks. I spent a nice chunk of cash on two vinyls and a shirt.

And now USPS tracking is down. So...double fucked.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »
Update on my missing Witherfall package. Unfortunately, Joseph Michael just referred me to the USPS when I asked about the status of my package. I am pretty sure that is going to lead nowhere, and I won't get what I ordered, and may even be out the $94.17 bucks I paid them.

I would have thought he would have gone the extra mile to make this right, since I'm a customer and fan. But I guess not. I'll have to figure it out on my own.

Just FYI for anyone ordering. I am sure Joseph is a busy guy, but that was really a big turn-off. It's not like it was 10 bucks. I spent a nice chunk of cash on two vinyls and a shirt.

And now USPS tracking is down. So...double fucked.

That's really disappointing mate.  You would think he would have tried to help a little more.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »

That's really disappointing mate.  You would think he would have tried to help a little more.

Maybe I just caught him at a bad time. I mean, it is not his fault the Post Office is slow (although he did ship out like a week and a half after I ordered, which is ridiculous), but after waiting now a full three weeks, and not having anything, I did expect a little more attention.

It is what it is. I'll try and recover my money through USPS.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2018, 09:47:18 PM »

Don't forget me mate, I'm not on facebook either.

ditto that
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »

Why would the band ship product before street date?

Maybe I just caught him at a bad time. I mean, it is not his fault the Post Office is slow (although he did ship out like a week and a half after I ordered, which is ridiculous), but after waiting now a full three weeks, and not having anything, I did expect a little more attention.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2018, 06:50:50 AM »

Sorry to hear about this, man. :(
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »

Samsara:

Please send your tracking order info to info@witherfall.com so this can be resolved.  ALso, Items that are pre-ordered are not shipped until a day or so before street date. Some items like Black Vinyl didn't even arrive to the band until the 5th. They then have to be unpacked and inventoried(accounted for) then shipped one by one. By One person. I cannot comment on the exact order here because i have no details. Please refrain from posting here USPS issues have nothing to do with the band.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2018, 12:23:04 PM »

Samsara:

Please send your tracking order info to info@witherfall.com so this can be resolved.  ALso, Items that are pre-ordered are not shipped until a day or so before street date. Some items like Black Vinyl didn't even arrive to the band until the 5th. They then have to be unpacked and inventoried(accounted for) then shipped one by one. By One person. I cannot comment on the exact order here because i have no details. Please refrain from posting here USPS issues have nothing to do with the band.

The tracking said it was delivered to my office, FINALLY, on Friday. I'll take a trip down there this afternoon and pick it up, if so, and see if everything is there, and what kind of condition it is in, given it was shipped media mail.

Respectfully, I did say the delay is likely not the band's fault, as USPS is, well, USPS, and out of your control. But please don't tell me what I can post about and where. I understand you don't want any negativity about Witherfall, or your business. That's totally understandable. But my experience is what it was, and I was honest and truthful about what went down. Hopefully, the stuff is sitting in my office undamaged and no worse for wear. Thanks.

EDIT - the package did indeed arrive, and everything was in perfect shape. But folks should be aware it is all being shipped media mail, with tracking. That tends to take a LONG time to arrive, and is usually poorly handled by USPS.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:19:14 AM by Samsara »

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2018, 12:17:41 AM »
Since this is a music forum:

https://youtu.be/hlD3-EWGNZA

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2018, 06:18:29 PM »
EDIT - the package did indeed arrive, and everything was in perfect shape. But folks should be aware it is all being shipped media mail, with tracking. That tends to take a LONG time to arrive, and is usually poorly handled by USPS.

Media mail is the absolute worst. Seriously, Pony Express is quicker.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2018, 08:41:09 AM »

Media mail is the absolute worst. Seriously, Pony Express is quicker.

Yeah, it sucked. But I finally got it all. Very pleased with the stuff. Thankfully, nothing was damaged.

I really love this second record from Witherfall. It makes me curious to see where they go for a third record. I have no idea where they can progress from this, keeping the same classical meets prog metal sound. It'll be interesting. But man, Prelude to Sorrow is a great record.