Author Topic: Jason Richardson & Luke Holland???  (Read 1004 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Jason Richardson & Luke Holland???
« on: February 07, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »
So...my nephew who drums in a band just shot me a vid of these 2 dudes.  Ummm... pretty impressive.  Had never heard of them prior. Anyone know of these dudes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2XS8n8YtQ

Offline Awaken

Re: Jason Richardson & Luke Holland???
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »
I've been following Jason for a couple months, he's an amazing talent.  They'll be in CT soon, hoping to catch them

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:32:48 AM »
Oh yeah, Jason is a KILLER guitar player, his solo record with Luke drumming is cool...

Offline Awaken

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:42:38 AM »
Oh yeah, Jason is a KILLER guitar player, his solo record with Luke drumming is cool...

I'd love to hear him in an actual band though.  To me, he's similar to Jeff Loomis (solo) in that his talent is undeniable, but I get fatigued rather quickly with the solo stuff.  Whereas I can listen to Nevermore all day long.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »

I'd love to hear him in an actual band though.  To me, he's similar to Jeff Loomis (solo) in that his talent is undeniable, but I get fatigued rather quickly with the solo stuff.  Whereas I can listen to Nevermore all day long.

I agree. I was listening to his solo album on YouTube and my thought was basically that he was an amazing guitar player, but I'd prefer to hear him in a band with a vocalist. I think it would help him craft stronger songs.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »
I've seen Luke Holland on YouTube for ages. Good drummer and drums in a heavy band ( The Word Alive - generic as fuck ) but drums over songs like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga

for easy views... Meh.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 09:27:57 AM »
I've seen Luke Holland on YouTube for ages. Good drummer and drums in a heavy band ( The Word Alive - generic as fuck ) but drums over songs like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga

for easy views... Meh.

I had never heard of him before this collaboration with Jason. Came to find out after he's basically a YouTube cover drummer  :lol

Dude can play.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 10:28:30 AM »
Great drummer wasting his talent playing in ultra-generic cookie cutter emo bands and covering pop songs on youtube....

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »
Great drummer wasting his talent playing in ultra-generic cookie cutter emo bands and covering pop songs on youtube....

Haven't watched anything from him in a while but I remember being annoyed by his trigger tones. Spent a lot of time making sure he has pretty camera angles and lighting, but maybe he should put as much effort onto capturing the sound of his instruments? Idk

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 01:34:35 AM »
Bump...

Just saw these guys in the opening slot for Intervals. Fuck me running, that was one of the most impressive two man displays I've ever seen. Un-fucking-believable.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 05:15:40 AM »
I saw them when The Reign of Kindo opened for them last Summer.

Impressive enough. Somewhat in the Vai/Shred mode. Unfortunately, that was pretty much all I got from them.