0 (0%)
Texas Rangers
0 (0%)
Toronto Blue Jays
2 (4.8%)
Washington Nationals
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: 2017 MLB Thread - The Astros' Ascension  (Read 18703 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2017 MLB Thread - POSTSEASON
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »

Baker *has* to be fired now, doesn't he?  The franchise has been so good in the regular season for what ... 6 years now, but just can't get any playoff success.

I would think so. Not sure how he is in the clubhouse, but to me, he seems like a buffoon. God I hope if he does get fired, Dombrowski ignores him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
I just realized something about the four teams left standing.

NYY (New York City population rank: 1st)
LAD (Los Angeles population rank: 2nd)
CHC (Chicago population rank: 3rd)
HOU (Houston population rank: 4th)

Is this the first time the four most populous cities in the country see their team make the championship series at the same time? Whether or not this is a first, I still think it’s interesting.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2017, 10:17:15 AM »
I just realize I now have to root for a team I severely dislike with a passion (LA) to beat a team I utterly despise more than any other team in baseball (the Cubs) Looks like I'm an LA 'fan' for a series....of which then afterwards I will be an American League fan....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2017, 10:34:11 AM »
Yeah you caught that in the 1 min before I checked and made the edit

However the amount of doubt in your mind is pretty meaningless toward the probability of them scoring that run
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »

However the amount of doubt in your mind is pretty meaningless toward the probability of them scoring that run

We will never know. Just seemed like a BS call at a critical time in the game. I mean, it WAS a BS call at a critical time of the game

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:18 AM »
I just realize I now have to root for a team I severely dislike with a passion (LA) to beat a team I utterly despise more than any other team in baseball (the Cubs) Looks like I'm an LA 'fan' for a series....of which then afterwards I will be an American League fan....

Go cubbies ;).

And realize I'd be in your situation if the Cards were in there, so I do sympathize.

I'm praying it's Cubs/Astros because the Yankees and their 52 quadrillion championships need to just take a break
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »

We will never know. Just seemed like a BS call at a critical time in the game. I mean, it WAS a BS call at a critical time of the game

^ That I agree with.  We'll never know if it was a deciding factor in the game or not.

That's why I got so f'n pissed at the Packers a few years back for blowing the NFCCG to the Seahawks.... it made me a Patriots fan for 1 game.  I felt dirty for a week.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »

Go cubbies ;).

And realize I'd be in your situation if the Cards were in there, so I do sympathize.

I'm praying it's Cubs/Astros because the Yankees and their 52 quadrillion championships need to just take a break

I can honestly say I'm happy for you in particular because i know you're a true Cubs fan.  You're not one of the 'trendy' fans that have popped up in droves since it's cool to be a Cubs fan now they are winning.

Online T-ski

« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2017, 03:24:24 PM »
the Expos wouldn't have lost a game like that, just sayin'.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »

Go cubbies ;).

I can honestly say I'm happy for you in particular because i know you're a true Cubs fan.  You're not one of the 'trendy' fans that have popped up in droves since it's cool to be a Cubs fan now they are winning.

Truth be told I started out as one of those fans in 2003 but have followed them ever since and have gone through the many rough patches since then. Being from Wisconsin baseball never appealed to me growing up because a)packers and b)we had the Brewers who have almost always been terrible.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »
So while the Red Sox are home jerking off, Rich Hill and Jon Lester are squaring off tonight in the NLCS.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2017, 09:30:14 PM »
DODGERS WITH THE WALK OFF!!!!  :metal :metal :metal
I used to be pessimistic and realistic about the Dodgers and I have been right.  For the first time in many years, I believe we finally have what it takes to make it to the WS.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2017, 08:07:46 PM »
So some of you know my 16 y/o is a special needs kid. BUT he loves Aaron Judge. Loves him. He wants him to play for the Red Sox. I told him it doesn't work that way.  :lol

I can't believe I may have to buy a f'n Yankees tshirt for Christmas! :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »
So some of you know my 16 y/o is a special needs kid. BUT he loves Aaron Judge. Loves him. He wants him to play for the Red Sox. I told him it doesn't work that way.  :lol

I can't believe I may have to buy a f'n Yankees tshirt for Christmas! :lol

:nelsonhaha:

It would be so much easier if that was an actual emot code
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2017, 08:46:10 AM »
I've been a New York Yankees fan since 1979. That was my first game at Yankee Stadium, when I was three years old. The first game I remember being at was 1984 -- against Detroit. As a fan of the team during down years, and obviously through the successful ones (and a season ticket holder in 1998!), I had my doubts about this season. But there's no denying the passion and heart this team shows (unlike the few seasons beforehand with all the old vets just cashing a paycheck).

I followed Judge when he was in the minors, hoping he'd be able to develop...and whenever the kid slumps, he always finds a way to learn and get better. Just a matter of time. If he stays healthy, and is able to morph his swing over time as he loses bat speed, the guy will be a legend. He already has had some legendary hits and defensive plays...and I bet that is just scratching the surface. With Bird healthy and playing well, and although slumping, the dangerous Sanchez...the future is bright. But yeah, lets go get it this year...

Going to be hard to beat the Astros twice in a row now. If we get one of them, and it goes to game 7, I like our chances. Go Yankees!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2017, 09:04:19 AM »
I LOVE our chances. Go Yanks!  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline dparrott

« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:48 AM »
I don't believe it.  The Dodgers finally did it this time.  Dodgers/Yanks would be awesome!

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2017, 09:49:31 PM »
Congrats to the Houston Astros. Did not expect to win game 6 (if you can land Kate Upton, you obviously don't choke), but was hoping we could pull out game 7. Sucks to have the season end one game from the World Series, but on the other hand I don't think many thought we'd even make the playoffs at the beginning of the season.

Now, to start my letter writing campaign to the commissioner to institute a minimum height requirement for next season to get rid of Jose Altuve.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Mr. Ister

Re: 2017 MLB Thread - World Series - Astros vs. Dodgers
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2017, 07:08:20 AM »
Get rid of Jose Altuve? lol he is one of the most exciting players in baseball
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
After semi 'cutting the cord' over two summers ago, we no longer get the LCS (much less the LDS).  Well thought out, MLB. :tdwn

As a lonnnng time Tiger fan, I miss Justin Verlander.  I missed out on his recent post season mastery, but certainly will be tuned in Wednesday night.

A tough WS to predict.  Not sure how Dodger pitching will fair in that Little League park Houston plays in.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:50:47 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2017, 10:20:33 PM »
Awesome game 1 win!  Kershaw continuing to get the post season monkey off his back!  GO DODGERS!!!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2017, 08:16:43 AM »
I have no issue with the Dodgers. At all. I just think Gonzalez is a douche.
When I asked "What is up with this LA people?" I was asking is there more to the story that someone could shed some light on?

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
My guess would be that he's on his way out the door to retirement.  That being said, it's pretty damn odd.  The team did give him permission to go on vacation, but who the hell goes on vacation when your in the postseason??  Or regular season for that matter?  I asked a co-worker who is a hard core fan who reads and hears everything, and he didn't have a better answer.  Quite odd.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »
He recognizes he is not needed with Bellinger doing so well.  His attitude seems like if he helps the team win, so be it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »
This game is off the charts tonight.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2017, 11:22:31 PM »
No kidding! I have turned off this game like 4 times to attend to other things (my kids) and every time I turn back, the other team is in the lead and 3 more HRs were hit.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2017, 07:59:17 AM »
Is Game 5 over yet?
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2017, 08:47:50 PM »
It's cloudy and cooler in LA this week, so less home runs will be hit.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2017, 10:49:00 PM »
It's cloudy and cooler in LA this week, so less home runs will be hit.

Well yeah generally it is a safe bet to assume less than 7 HRs will be hit in a World Series game.  :biggrin:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2017, 07:30:12 PM »
Go Astros!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2017 MLB Thread - World Series - Astros vs. Dodgers GAME 7
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
So local radio guy said he was going to the Celtics game tonight and when he get out the game would be in the fourth inning, joking how long these games take.

You just tweeted that when he got Celtics game they were in the third inning.   Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC