0 (0%)
Texas Rangers
0 (0%)
Toronto Blue Jays
2 (4.8%)
Washington Nationals
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: 2017 MLB Thread - The Astros' Ascension  (Read 18695 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: 2017 MLB Thread
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »
at the break, my Brewers hold a 5.5 game lead.

be a believer in Brewer Fever.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »

In part, you can thank performances like Jon Lester giving up 10 runs in the 1st inning for that. That was very difficult to watch.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2017, 08:51:08 PM »

Yeah....the Central has been pretty weak this year. Realistically they should be 10 or 12 games ahead. The fact they are within striking distance for the Cards and Cubs....two teams that are VERY capable of going on a tear due to the Cubs being stacked and the Cards having the history and pride not to suck.....I wouldn't feel too safe with that lead.

But...then again....maybe the Brew can do it this year. what's that saying about a squirrel and a nut?  :biggrin:   ;)
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »
Makes me sad that Pirates management sucks, if they could have put a half decent team on the field, they actually might have had a shot at the division this year. I didn't expect it to be so weak.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »
Makes me sad that Pirates management sucks, if they could have put a half decent team on the field, they actually might have had a shot at the division this year. I didn't expect it to be so weak.

It went from a very competitive division to pretty meh very quickly.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »

It went from a very competitive division to pretty meh very quickly.

No question, I really thought it would look different at this point in the season.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »
The bucs have been playing well, lately. They're not out of it yet.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
Anyone else watching the All Star Game? I love it and try and watch it every year. Reminds me of being a kid. I watched the highlights on the 1977 game on MLB Network this afternoon. I loved all of those players as a kid.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2017, 09:52:54 PM »
I've pretty much given up hope on them doing anything of significance with ownership/management as it is. Their methods briefly resulted in a competitive team, but it will never be consistent without actually spending some money.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2017, 06:37:52 AM »
The bucs have been playing well, lately. They're not out of it yet.

Agreed, but the reason they aren't out of it is because their division happens to be terrible, they aren't a very good team.

I've pretty much given up hope on them doing anything of significance with ownership/management as it is. Their methods briefly resulted in a competitive team, but it will never be consistent without actually spending some money.

Yup. Their attendance is set to drop significantly for the second season in a row, maybe that will send a message? Ah, who are we kidding, probably not...

Offline T-ski

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2017, 12:23:22 PM »
looks like the Cubs gave up whats left in their farm system to get Quintana from the White Sox. 

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2017, 07:05:17 PM »
looks like the Cubs gave up whats left in their farm system to get Quintana from the White Sox.

It'll be a good move that will come into play next season. I'm afraid that this year is a lost cause. The starting pitching era is a full 2 points above last season, and the batting averages are down at almost every spot. Things could turn around, and it's a weak division, but if it's going to happen then it needs to happen quickly.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2017, 08:10:47 AM »
Just want to say that I love and miss Jon Lester.

#letspaypandainstead
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »
Just want to say that I love and miss Jon Lester.

#letspaypandainstead

Ditto.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
I think the Brewers magic has worn off.  still impressed they've hung on for this long considering they are in year two of a complete rebuild.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »
Rich Hill  :facepalm:

Ironically, last night, the Sox' Doug Fister gives up a leadoff home run, then proceeds to no hit the Indians the rest of the way.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2017, 08:19:38 PM »
I definitely feel for Hill. First he loses the perfect game on an error, and then loses the no hitter in the 10th since his offense couldn't get anything done. And I'm a Pirates fan!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
Rich Hill  :facepalm:

Ironically, last night, the Sox' Doug Fister gives up a leadoff home run, then proceeds to no hit the Indians the rest of the way.

Crazy! What are the odds of that happening right after what Hill did? Their games are palindromes of each other  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2017, 06:56:09 AM »
I think the nickname thing is kind of corny, but I love the uniforms this weekend.

Going to see the Sox today.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2017, 07:05:49 AM »
I think the nickname thing is kind of corny, but I love the uniforms this weekend.

It's been.a hell of a series so far. Enjoy!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2017, 07:45:41 AM »

It's been.a hell of a series so far. Enjoy!

:\

It has?? :lol

So the Sox are throwing Doug Fister. We go to one game a year and we get Doug f'n Fister?? Actually, he's been their best pitcher the last two times through the rotation.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »
Verlander to the Astros!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »
It's shocking that a Boston sports team would cheat to win... #lowhangingfruit

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2017, 07:10:33 AM »

:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2017, 07:34:40 AM »

:lol

Don't get all touch now Kev. :lol

Did you hear the Red Sox GM and then the Commish?  Sox should be fined.  No electronic devices should be used.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline romdrums

« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »
No talk about the Indians winning 14 straight?  It's about time this team came together.  Jose Ramirez has been solid all season, and Corey Kluber has been lights out since returning from his injury earlier this year.  If they stay healthy through the postseason, I can easily see them taking care of the championship they should have won last year.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Dream_Theater01

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2017, 01:52:28 PM »
No talk about the Indians winning 14 straight?  It's about time this team came together.  Jose Ramirez has been solid all season, and Corey Kluber has been lights out since returning from his injury earlier this year.  If they stay healthy through the postseason, I can easily see them taking care of the championship they should have won last year.

My World Series prediction before the season was Dodgers vs Indians.  I still feel pretty confident saying that.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:26 AM »
The Dodgers were on their way to set a record for number of wins for a season, now they have lost 7 straight and 12 out of 13.  WTF???  S.I. put them on the cover and their losing streaks started.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2017, 07:18:56 AM »
15 straight for the Tribe.  Lots of people in Cleveland getting free windows!

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2017, 10:26:43 PM »
Aaaand the Dodgers lose 10 in a row.  You can say the regular season doesn't matter in October, but I don't see this getting any better.

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2017, 08:30:56 AM »
Brewers sweep Cubs at Wrigley.  I put them out to pasture a few weeks ago but the Central is wide open now.  Cards are tied with the Brewers 2 games back.  The three teams play each other a lot over the next couple of weeks.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:32 AM »
19 straight for the WINdians.  I hope this is the year they end their curse.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
Definitely rooting for them.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2017, 12:46:28 AM »
Dodgers actually win one!  :omg:    But the Giants were one hit away from winning it themselves.