General > General Discussion

2017 MLB Thread - The Astros' Ascension

(1/43) > >>

Destiny Of Chaos:
2016 Thread - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=45462.0
2015 Thread - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=43353.0

We are entering uncharted territory. For the first time in any of our lifetimes, the Chicago Cubs begin a season as the reigning World Series champions! On top of that, they are a favorite to win it all again this year!

New managers in Arizona, Atlanta, Chicago (AL) & Colorado. New stadium in Atlanta. All-Star game in Miami, continuing the run of NL ballpark hosts.

What is the state of your team(s) heading into 2017?
 How do you feel about the moves made thus far in the offseason?
Do you care about the World Baseball Classic?
Any early predictions?

Here’s to a fun 2017 season…. With a lot less tragedy please…..

pogoowner:
Pirates fan here. Latest news is that McCutchen is moving to RF, Marte to CF, and Polanco to LF. It's a move that should've happened sooner, and I'm glad to see he's accepting it.

mikeyd23:

--- Quote from: pogoowner on February 07, 2017, 10:54:15 AM ---Pirates fan here. Latest news is that McCutchen is moving to RF, Marte to CF, and Polanco to LF. It's a move that should've happened sooner, and I'm glad to see he's accepting it.

--- End quote ---

Yea, hopefully he is a good sport about it. At this point, Marte is the better CF without question.

pogoowner:

--- Quote from: mikeyd23 on February 07, 2017, 11:13:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: pogoowner on February 07, 2017, 10:54:15 AM ---Pirates fan here. Latest news is that McCutchen is moving to RF, Marte to CF, and Polanco to LF. It's a move that should've happened sooner, and I'm glad to see he's accepting it.

--- End quote ---

Yea, hopefully he is a good sport about it. At this point, Marte is the better CF without question.

--- End quote ---
He posted a photo of Clemente in RF soon after it was announced, so he seems to be embracing it, at least publicly.

mikeyd23:

--- Quote from: pogoowner on February 07, 2017, 12:39:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: mikeyd23 on February 07, 2017, 11:13:39 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
He posted a photo of Clemente in RF soon after it was announced, so he seems to be embracing it, at least publicly.

--- End quote ---

Whatever helps him sleep at night :lol

That all being said, I think the Pirates are going to continue to go downhill (the progression they have been on) regardless of who plays where in the outfield. Where your outfielders are standing doesn't make up for the fact that your starting rotation sucks and your team can't hit for power at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version