Author Topic: The random thoughts thread.  (Read 115907 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The random thoughts thread.
« Reply #1400 on: March 22, 2024, 07:31:28 PM »
I was lucky. I helped a priest move to New York when I was 10 with a buddy. Thankfully,  he wasn't that kind of priest.

I have a baseball he signed for me.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #1401 on: March 23, 2024, 08:49:02 PM »
Ordered DoorDash tonight and the delivery guy's name was "Turtle"

the fuck kinda name is "Turtle"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1402 on: March 23, 2024, 09:10:38 PM »
I was in 8th grade, a crosswalk guard and I took it very seriously. So seriously,  I had Priests and nuns praise me.

Seems empty now. Lol

Priests and Nuns praise everybody. that's literally their job.

Did you go to Catholic school?

Ordered DoorDash tonight and the delivery guy's name was "Turtle"

the fuck kinda name is "Turtle"

My wife's cousin's best friend is "Turtle."  I assume it's a nickname.  My daughter has had at least three customer service jobs.  At all of them, she has had something other than her actual name on her nametag (I think they were all actual names, though).  At one point, my son had "Beans" on his nametag.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1403 on: March 23, 2024, 11:39:36 PM »
I was in 8th grade, a crosswalk guard and I took it very seriously. So seriously,  I had Priests and nuns praise me.

Seems empty now. Lol

Priests and Nuns praise everybody. that's literally their job.

:lol
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1404 on: March 24, 2024, 12:11:43 AM »
Tim obviously never went to Catholic school.   I had a nun who was a cunt. Tim, you blow. I fucking hated her. The stories I could tell you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1405 on: April 03, 2024, 05:46:07 PM »
Anyone else here eat Grape Nuts?  And if you do, do you ever eat them hot?  When I was a kid, my mom would heat milk in a small pot on the stove, put a pinch of salt and a bunch of pepper on a bowl of Grape Nuts, and then pour the hot milk over the Grape Nuts.  I still eat it to this day when it's cold outside.  When I first showed this to my wife, she thought I was insane.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1406 on: April 03, 2024, 06:30:50 PM »
That is an interesting combination of flavors, but I've never had that cereal before, does it lens itself to having salt and pepper on it?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1407 on: April 03, 2024, 06:46:27 PM »
Anyone else here eat Grape Nuts?  And if you do, do you ever eat them hot?  When I was a kid, my mom would heat milk in a small pot on the stove, put a pinch of salt and a bunch of pepper on a bowl of Grape Nuts, and then pour the hot milk over the Grape Nuts.  I still eat it to this day when it's cold outside.  When I first showed this to my wife, she thought I was insane.

I have never eaten Grape Nuts in my life.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1408 on: April 03, 2024, 06:57:50 PM »
My dad ate Grape Nuts a lot when I was a kid, so I had it sometimes. I am sure I would have rather had Frosted Flakes, but I liked them well enough to eat them. Not something I would ever think to purchase, but I was never a big cereal guy. I have, however, recently discovered flakes with yogurt clusters. Which is a bit odd as I generally hate yogurt.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #1409 on: April 03, 2024, 06:58:54 PM »
Grape nuts sounds like a very unfortunate injury.

Corn nuts on the other hand. Love that shit.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1410 on: April 03, 2024, 07:18:49 PM »
I thought he was talking about corn nuts when he mentioned salt and pepper :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1411 on: April 04, 2024, 05:51:53 AM »

I used to do this very thing sans the pepper. The thing I always liked about grape nuts, was you didn't need much. Oh and that nutty flavor!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1412 on: April 04, 2024, 07:43:33 AM »
That seems a reasonable reaction. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1413 on: April 04, 2024, 09:45:58 AM »
That is an interesting combination of flavors, but I've never had that cereal before, does it lens itself to having salt and pepper on it?

I think so.  I think it's fucking delicious.  I had some last night.

My dad ate Grape Nuts a lot when I was a kid, so I had it sometimes. I am sure I would have rather had Frosted Flakes, but I liked them well enough to eat them.

Eating Grape Nuts the "normal" way requires dumping a bunch of sugar on top.  I do that occasionally too.

Corn nuts on the other hand. Love that shit.

I used to LOVE Corn Nuts.  However, I haven't eaten them in years since I chipped a tooth on a particularly crunchy bite.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1414 on: April 04, 2024, 11:30:47 AM »
Colon blow Grape Nuts always hurt my teeth so not for me.  I never thought about trying it hot.  I do like oatmeal, especially overnight oats.

My random thought - why is US national media giving attention to people who missed their cruise ship departure and are now trying to blame the cruise ship for adhering to their policy and thereby keeping the other passengers on time?

Are we now going to see media giving attention to people missing their flight departures?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1415 on: April 04, 2024, 11:58:55 AM »
Colon blow Grape Nuts always hurt my teeth so not for me.  I never thought about trying it hot.  I do like oatmeal, especially overnight oats.

My random thought - why is US national media giving attention to people who missed their cruise ship departure and are now trying to blame the cruise ship for adhering to their policy and thereby keeping the other passengers on time?

Are we now going to see media giving attention to people missing their flight departures?
I haven't seen anything about it.

But fuck those people.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Harmony

Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Online TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1418 on: April 04, 2024, 12:38:16 PM »
yeah that's totally on you. schedule's a schedule
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!