Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304359 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #385 on: March 20, 2017, 06:55:38 PM »
When you can't show up for your normal shift for more than one week and I could fire you 3 times over with our point system and other counsel you tell you exactly this and we talk about this on your review I can't help you.

I hate run-ons that's employee induced.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #386 on: March 20, 2017, 07:03:13 PM »
Get rid of him.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: March 20, 2017, 07:05:43 PM »
I have a forklift driver on a background check all ready.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #388 on: March 20, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
Nice. Run him over!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: March 20, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »
Nope.  Safety first!  April 2nd is 547 days safe. A year and a half Osha safe. Very big accomplishment.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #390 on: March 20, 2017, 07:25:34 PM »
Run him over...but keep it secret.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »
Reddit.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: March 22, 2017, 09:53:21 AM »
And Facebook.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2017, 10:02:22 AM »
ALL social media.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
Social Media is in an awful place right now because it's all controlled by people that want to sell you something. (And other reasons that I've ranted about a million times before)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: March 22, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »
Reddit.

Not a fan at all of reddit's layout.  Everyone always tells me I'd love it over there, but I can't get over how terrible the layout is.

Social Media is in an awful place right now because it's all controlled by people that want to sell you something. (And other reasons that I've ranted about a million times before)

I am finding that instagram is becoming the best social media mostly because there's lots of humor and not as much politics.  Facebook has become a terrible place filled with politics and arguing.  I started using twitter to promote my youtube, I am kind of liking it mostly because I noticed I get likes from bands when I tweet at them which is kind of cool because it feels more personal, but I am not using twitter for anything personal.  cramx3 btw if anyone wants to follow

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: March 22, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
Instagram has definitely been on the rise. You're right; it's one of the best out there right now. However, even it has algorithm based content order instead of chronologically which annoys me to no end. Why does the site have to decide what to show me? Why can I just see all the posts of everyone I follow in the order in which they post them?

Oh also FB owns IG, so we'll see how long it lasts. :^)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:42:29 PM by Implode »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: March 22, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
Hated when FB bought Instagram - coz before that - if you tweeted an IG link - it would give you a preview in the tweet.

NOT ANY MORE.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: March 22, 2017, 02:57:59 PM »
Instagram has definitely been on the rise. You're right; it's one of the best out there right now. However, even it has algorithm based content order instead of chronologically which annoys me to no end. Why does the site have to decide what to show me? Why can I just see all the posts of everyone I follow in the order in which they post them?

Oh also FB owns IG, so we'll see how long it lasts. :^)

Yea, I was not a fan when they switched over to the algorithm based order.  I don't like it at all.  Also, I was mad when they took away the map with your tags.  I really enjoyed tagging pics in my travels and then seeing the map and all the spots I posted a picture from. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »
People with unlimited texts / calls who *NEVER* reply to you - they wait until they next see you face to face to say " yeah I saw the text "

>:( >:(

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »
The entire layout of reddit wants to make me stab my eyes out, but I admit the site is growing on me.

I mean, I never go anywhere other than oldpeoplefacebook and subredditsimulator, but those two alone have provided hours of entertainment for me.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2017, 04:46:12 PM »
I didn't realize the reddit layout was hated so much. I guess I'm so used to it that I just don't care. Dunno if anyone here ever visits I have just violated forum rule #1--please ban me, I don't, but that to me is what a horrible layout looks like.

I mean, I never go anywhere other than oldpeoplefacebook and subredditsimulator, but those two alone have provided hours of entertainment for me.
Recently, my personal favourite has become /r/niceguys, perfect balance between cringe and humor
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »
I used to HATE Reddit's format when I first joined, and now I love it.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2017, 08:29:05 PM »
ALL social media.

Including forums.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2017, 09:49:49 PM »
Reddit.
Not a fan at all of reddit's layout.  Everyone always tells me I'd love it over there, but I can't get over how terrible the layout is.
It just annoys me how it sorts information. It's essentially replaced the standard phpBB or SMF etc. internet forum, but it's such a colossal step backward as far as organising information in any meaningful way is concerned. It's essentially the Twitter of forums; tiny repetitive messages that get spammed over and over again.

I don't lurk any really big subreddits, but even the ones I do are just flooded with the same shit over and over again. Any time someone has a thought or question about something, it gets its own thread - completely unlike a real forum where we have threads to organise all the similar thoughts and information together. Then if a subreddit dares to attempt to do that and creates a megathread to try and clean the sub's pages up because hundreds of people keep posting the same bullshit things every single day, everyone complains and downvotes the hell out of it, the mods, and anyone who posts in support of the megathread, because apparently megathreads are stupid.

If it weren't so popular I would never go there, but for a lot of topics it is unfortunately one of the best sources of news and information, or even discussion....if you can be bothered to sort through all the BS for that news, that information, or to find that discussion.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2017, 09:53:01 PM »
Not a fan of the layout at all. If threads were readable, I'd check there all the time, but it's as bad as Twitter for replies. Total mess for any kind of real discussion. It's a shame, because there's a lot of great stuff there.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »
You have to get away from the front page and topics with thousands of replies. The RC car, 3D printing, and hydroponic subreddits I frequent are fantastic for meaningful discussion.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #407 on: March 22, 2017, 10:12:35 PM »
It's also horrible for any kind of longevity. A subreddit can be sorted either by how new things are (so on any moderately-sized subreddit, new threads get buried almost immediately) or by upvotes (which is a complete joke of a system, because people upvote the most pointless and boring of things, and real conversations get fuck all upvotes). You can't sort by which threads have had replies posted in them most recently, so after less than a day or so your thread has completely died, unless you were lucky enough to get 1000+ upvotes on it before it was buried.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #408 on: March 22, 2017, 10:19:21 PM »
You have to get away from the front page and topics with thousands of replies. The RC car, 3D printing, and hydroponic subreddits I frequent are fantastic for meaningful discussion.

I'm just talking small sub-reddits I follow, where topics have maybe a few dozen replies. It's more effort than it's worth to even look at a topic more than once.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2017, 04:53:03 AM »
The entire layout of reddit wants to make me stab my eyes out, but I admit the site is growing on me.

Download the Reddit Enhancement Suite. Once you get used to the reddit layout it's not so bad.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2017, 05:18:12 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates the look of Reddit. If you have to tell me "you'll get used to it", that's not a good thing because in the end it'll still be an eyesore that someone just learns to navigate.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2017, 11:49:30 AM »

This is a movie based one...

But when someone did something stupid which could have gotten them and everyone else killed if it didn't work. Their commander is furious at them but the person just brushes it off with a

pithy comment and thats the end of that apparently.

" What the hell were you thinking ? You could have gotten everyone killed !! "

" ....Could I ? "  ( walks off )

* incident is never mentioned again *

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #412 on: March 23, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »
In my mind, both characters in the scene you just described were played by The Rock.

It was glorious.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: March 23, 2017, 11:52:43 AM »
Do you know what I mean though ?

Latest one I saw was Rogue One.

Jyn : You were going to kill my father !

Cassian : we've all lost something....

That's the end of that and then Jyn and Cassian are BFFs

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2017, 02:07:16 AM »
Back to Reddit/the internet (again): Everyone using the word "super" to describe absolutely fucking everything. inb4 someone agrees by saying "yes, that's super annoying".

Also I've just about had it with "could of/should of/would of". Read what you are typing, it doesn't even make sense. :facepalm:

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2017, 02:39:52 AM »
Also I've just about had it with "could of/should of/would of". Read what you are typing, it doesn't even make sense. :facepalm:
Looks like you would love the Reddit could-of-bot to appear more often in your life: https://www.reddit.com/user/could-of-bot/

I noticed that I never use super as an adjective in English (or in any other context for that matter), but I do in Dutch :lol so you won't have to be mildly irritated at me as long as we stick to English conversations.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2017, 02:42:01 AM »
I only say something like " super amazing " as a joke anyways.

But sometimes "Pretty Good Calli Fragilisitc Expi Allidocious " isn't enough.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2017, 02:43:45 AM »
People using uber as an adjective. That is uber annoying.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2017, 02:47:39 AM »
Yes but " Hans Gr Pretty Good " doesn't sound as good.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #419 on: March 25, 2017, 03:09:46 AM »
Looks like you would love the Reddit could-of-bot to appear more often in your life: https://www.reddit.com/user/could-of-bot/
Well, I kind of think bots on Reddit are a little annoying too. :lol But this is definitely one I could get behind.

I noticed that I never use super as an adjective in English (or in any other context for that matter), but I do in Dutch :lol so you won't have to be mildly irritated at me as long as we stick to English conversations.
I'm not against any use of "super" but it seems to be incredibly prolific on Reddit. "I'm super excited" "That looks super fun" "I was super worried"...I'm just seeing that particular adjective far too often for my liking. I can't skim through even a single thread without seeing multiple people saying it in their replies.

I probably should just stop browsing Reddit. :justjen