Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 18081 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #910 on: September 01, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
I love the IDEA of watches and, like Chino, think they are (or can be) awesome, almost art.   My dad has a collection, including some pretty cool pocket watches.

Having said that, I haven't worn a watch regularly for DECADES.  I usually forget to put them on after a few days, and if I do remember, I ultimately end up destroying them and it makes me sad.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #911 on: September 02, 2017, 01:45:55 AM »
I suppose it's also just a habit for some people (like me). I'm not doing it for fashion purposes, it's just I'm used to have something heavy on my wrist and I check time on them constantly. On rare occasions I forget to put them on, I stupidly glance at my wrist like thirty times a day. I never use the phone to check the time.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #912 on: September 02, 2017, 06:15:45 AM »
I suppose it's also just a habit for some people (like me). I'm not doing it for fashion purposes, it's just I'm used to have something heavy on my wrist and I check time on them constantly. On rare occasions I forget to put them on, I stupidly glance at my wrist like thirty times a day. I never use the phone to check the time.

That's a good point. I don't usually realize how often I use my watches until I forget to put one on before leaving the house.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #913 on: September 02, 2017, 06:46:17 AM »
I wear a run of the mill $20 dollar watch, but only to work since my job revolves around date and time of med administration, so its super useful. And since other people have gotten in trouble for constantly being on their phones, I find it easier/safer just to be able to look at my wrist rather than taking out my phone constantly.

But I don't wear it for fashion outside of work.
All people die, but not many people ever truly live

Offline IDontNotDoThings

• Speak the word...
  • ...the word is all of us.
« Reply #914 on: September 02, 2017, 06:50:00 AM »
I wear a run of the $20mill dollar watch,

Change the position of one word & the entire meaning changes  :lol