Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 307841 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Things that I find mildly AWESOME v.2
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2017, 03:54:00 PM »
Flawless victory, gents. Cheers!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
*Clink*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2017, 08:46:47 AM »
It's little silly things that annoy me more than bigger things.

Like - I dropped my phone the other day and it landed behind the radiator pipes - so I had to get it up on it's end to slide it back out - but I must have lost my grip and it fell over on it's side behind the

pipes like 5 times and I was just like :| I can grab it but I just cant lift it enough to get it out from behind these pipes without dropping it.

It's stuff that should really be simple that turns in to a chore That I find most infuriating. Like when you have full 4G or WIFI signal but nothing loads. Like. At all.

:| ?!?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »
I think I used the word "sense" in place of "courtesy" but in reality I'd lend it more to sense because I expect that someone should think about more the consequences of what they're doing since it's not an act of kindness that you're returning your cart but more a thought of "hey this is a rolling metal thing that can damage vehicles". Anything more is a sign of laziness which leads to complacency which leads to obliviousness, the latter of which is what I consider one of the most frightening things in terms of how people act in public.

Wow dude, is that a leap or what? The world is doomed because of people that don't return carriages? I was going to leave this thread alone, but to imply that I'm lazy, complacent, or oblivious is ridiculous. It's insulting, really.

I never thought that carriage return could be so controversial.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:13:36 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2017, 06:55:41 PM »
My apologies for coming across a bit harsh since I definitely did morph one thing into another in terms of the cart discussion into my other gripes. I, personally, consider the cart thing as a small step for a larger issue I see but that's just part of the things that bother me personally so ultimately it's my issue. I do see a general sense of carelessness and obliviousness across all manners of social interactions from my fellow comrades but again that's just how I would categorize the big picture issues. That ranges from driving behavior to how people handle themselves walking around on the street, etc.

TAC, I'll agree to disagree on this since I'm not here to upset people. So apologies again for coming across as a d-bag.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2017, 07:36:45 PM »
No worries bro. I think the biggest thing is to see that many people do things that really fly in the face of community and caring. I had said earlier in the thread that this is probably my greatest crime on humanity. :) But Sometimes I hate being told what to do, and I'm telling everyone that these corals are not up for community service.

OK, I'm cool. I'm done with that.

Personally, I hate driving and the guy in front of me throws out his cigarette. Don't you have an ash tray? What if my car bursts into flames? Since when is littering OK?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2017, 07:38:58 PM »
Speaking of cigarettes, why are they not treated like trash?

A guy drinking a bottle of yoohoo that just throws the empty bottle on the ground and walks away is considered a douche bag litterer (and rightfully so), but the guy (or girl) who throws a cigarette butt on the ground and walks away....is perfectly fine.

I don't understand the different standards.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2017, 07:41:35 PM »
Totally agree.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2017, 10:21:13 PM »
When a band announces tour dates near where you live, but they're 18+ shows & they're being played 5 months before you turn 18.  :angry:
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Adami

« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »
When a band announces tour dates near where you live, but they're 18+ shows & they're being played 5 months before you turn 18.  :angry:

Age faster.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »
It seems as though every time I reach a milestone age, I find that there is always some activity I would like to engage in, but am not old enough to do so. Hopefully this will end once I hit 21 next year. I don't plan to ever run for office, and so don't know of anything in which I am interested with a higher minimum age.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »
It seems as though every time I reach a milestone age, I find that there is always some activity I would like to engage in, but am not old enough to do so. Hopefully this will end once I hit 21 next year. I don't plan to ever run for office, and so don't know of anything in which I am interested with a higher minimum age.

Embrace these years while you can.

Offline Adami

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »

Possibly renting a car, depending on your country. That's about it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »
When I go to the local Safeway deli and realize after making an order, the person who is serving me is sick.  I will then tell them that I changed my mind and walk away. 
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »

Possibly renting a car, depending on your country. That's about it.

I believe it also depends on the state in the US.  Some will, some wont, and some will with an added fee allow you to rent a car before 25.

Offline Adami

« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:43 AM »
I just remember not feeling like I was really alive until I could rent a car. It's pretty much the biggest milestone in life.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2017, 01:34:21 PM »
I just remember not feeling like I was really alive until I could rent a car. It's pretty much the biggest milestone in life.

And just booked a rental car for next week.  A nissan versa is going to get two weeks of abuse from me.  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2017, 01:56:14 PM »
Getting a car license in the Uk is such a ball-ache. I always resisted and they kept adding more and more tests to it.

Family always told me that driving is so freeing.

Well in 2015 when i got my 125cc ( you only need a learners license and a basic 2 hour proficiency test ) - I discovered they were right.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
Blisters with new shoes mildly irritate me. They're comfy as hell but the stiff parts of the shoe are just killing me right now. It's really weird. I first put them on and it's like "Oh yeah, awesome, Doctor Scholls." Then a few hours of nothing but running and walking around the restaurant go by and it's screwed.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2017, 02:15:01 PM »
I once bought a new pair of trainers for my new music course and they were *slightly* too small.

They tore my heels up pretty bad. I had to wear them pretty much un-done and with like three big plasters on both my heels and walk very carefully for a few weeks.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
Hiccups that won't stop!  Perhaps more than mildly irritating..  :censored
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2017, 10:56:27 AM »
Hiccups that won't stop!  Perhaps more than mildly irritating..  :censored

You need to give yourself a fright. Pretend someone just crept up on you. Make yourself jump or something.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2017, 12:28:13 AM »
When movies and TV shows use exaggerated sound effects for everything. Guns don't make all kinds of clicking, mechanical noises just because your hand touches them. Neither does a pair of glasses. Stop it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2017, 01:27:00 AM »
Yeah you always hear the same sounds.

Like that Screech when a plane hits the runway..

Or when a semi drives by someone you always get that " Honk !.... Hoooooooonk ! " sound with added doppler effect.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2017, 07:42:01 AM »
I can't stand canned laughter.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2017, 07:46:02 AM »
I can't stand canned laughter.

👀 you must hate the Big Bang theory !!

No seriously you must.

It's fucking appalling.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2017, 07:51:34 AM »
I don't really watch any sitcoms because of it... soo yeah I've never seen Big Bang.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2017, 07:52:57 AM »
You're silly Kotowboy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »
There is not one sitcom I watch on TV. Not one.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2017, 07:59:37 AM »
There is not one sitcom I watch on TV. Not one.

I don't either, which seems crazy considering how many I watched growing up and in my 20s (All in the Family, MASH, Three's Company, Cheers, Cosby Show, Family Ties, Night Court, Seinfeld, Friends, etc.), but drama rules the TV world now.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:33 AM »
There's not one Drama I watch on TV. Not one.  ;D

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »
I only pay attention to a few shows. Otherwise, I don't get involved.

Offline utopiarun

« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
I went to the gym last night. Machine after machine being occupied by people just sitting and staring into their phones. How about you either use the equipment or get off? It's not a seat. It's not your personal equipment. Can anyone go 5 minutes without looking at their phone? I like to go from machine to machine, and get the workout done quickly because I hate being there and how many times do I have to go to desired machine only to see Joe Blow sitting there texting or on Facebook? I once saw a guy with an ipad streaming a video on one machine while he worked out on the machine next to it!

The gym rules are no cell phones on the machines but none of the gym personnel (who basically do nothing) does anything to stop it.

OK I feel better now.  :-X

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2017, 06:29:34 AM »
When there's a group of women / girls in a restaurant or cafe or whatever and they all laugh hysterically at every slight thing.

Really loud and really long.

At anything remotely amusing.

:angry:

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2017, 06:41:36 AM »
The gym thing drives me nuts. I don't like the gym so when I go I work out and get the hell out. The only reason my phone is even with me is because it's what I use to listen to music.