Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304378 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1015 on: March 28, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »
I can't stand that.  I also hate when someone pulls up next to another cart, looking at an item and blocking the whole isle.  Common decency is a thing of the past.  You say "excuse me" or "pardon me" and you get a dirty look.

Yup, and I love Jingle's Costco rant.  The other one that gets me is when people walk out in front of moving cars in a parking lot and expect the cars to stop.  There's a grocery store near where I live where the sidewalk extends maybe 15 feet from the door, and then the main "road" in the shopping center is right there.  People routinely walk out of the store and start to walk across to get to their cars without even looking to see if there are cars there.  Half the time these folks have their heads buried in their phones and aren't even looking.  A woman did that the other day and stopped abruptly and gave me a dirty look when she realized I wasn't going to stop for her.  It would never occur to me to walk out into moving traffic, without a crosswalk, and just expect that everyone will magically stop FOR ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!

I agree with the premise, watch where you are going, but I think there is some leeway with the pedestrian in this scenario that they have the right of way essentially.  Cars should stop for someone crossing into the lot, especially if it's in the designated area.  I myself would never just assume that to be the case, but I also get mildly irritated when a car doesn't stop when I am clearly in the cross walk.

Costco is the worst for this.

+1000

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1016 on: March 28, 2018, 03:36:08 PM »
I was always taught to wait for the person in the car to wave you on not walk out and expect a car to stop. What's easier to stop?  A car that weighs tons more than you to stop? Again it's the my universe, me first attitude.

This reminds me of my stepson, who will cross the street because HE has the right. If a car hits him, it's THEIR fault, and he can sue. But this is flawed to me because you can only sue them if you are actually alive.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1017 on: March 28, 2018, 03:43:24 PM »
I can't stand that.  I also hate when someone pulls up next to another cart, looking at an item and blocking the whole isle.  Common decency is a thing of the past.  You say "excuse me" or "pardon me" and you get a dirty look.

Yup, and I love Jingle's Costco rant.  The other one that gets me is when people walk out in front of moving cars in a parking lot and expect the cars to stop.  There's a grocery store near where I live where the sidewalk extends maybe 15 feet from the door, and then the main "road" in the shopping center is right there.  People routinely walk out of the store and start to walk across to get to their cars without even looking to see if there are cars there.  Half the time these folks have their heads buried in their phones and aren't even looking.  A woman did that the other day and stopped abruptly and gave me a dirty look when she realized I wasn't going to stop for her.  It would never occur to me to walk out into moving traffic, without a crosswalk, and just expect that everyone will magically stop FOR ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!

I agree with the premise, watch where you are going, but I think there is some leeway with the pedestrian in this scenario that they have the right of way essentially.  Cars should stop for someone crossing into the lot, especially if it's in the designated area.  I myself would never just assume that to be the case, but I also get mildly irritated when a car doesn't stop when I am clearly in the cross walk.

Someone in another forum made the "right of way" point to me, but it's private property, so there's no "right of way."  I agree that, if the pedestrian is in the crosswalk, there's no question the car should stop.  However, in the case of the store I was talking about, there are crosswalks, but people can't be bothered to walk 10-15 feet out of their way to use them.

This reminds me of my stepson, who will cross the street because HE has the right. If a car hits him, it's THEIR fault, and he can sue. But this is flawed to me because you can only sue them if you are actually alive.

EXACTLY!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1018 on: March 28, 2018, 03:49:14 PM »
If there is an accident in a parking lot, the insurance companies most certainly will look at "right of way" to determine fault if it applies.  It may have no legal bearing but it's still an important principle to follow because it will bite you in the ass if you don't follow it and cause an issue, including if you hit a person in the crosswalk.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1019 on: March 28, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »
I haven't looked at this thread in months.  But a disturbance in the force told me that people were discussing shopping cart corrals, so...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1020 on: March 28, 2018, 03:55:39 PM »
Therein lies the problem. People throw common sense out the window. I have the right to sue  because I'm legally right, not that a car can't stop as fast going 30 miles an hour compared to a person walking.

We're also talking crossing the streets not in a parking lot.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1021 on: March 28, 2018, 03:56:26 PM »
I haven't looked at this thread in months.  But a disturbance in the force told me that people were discussing shopping cart corrals, so...

Search your feelings,  you know it to be true..
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1022 on: March 28, 2018, 04:15:01 PM »
If there's a crosswalk (I mean, one without a signal), it's the drivers' obligation to stop. I usually don't bother looking either.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1023 on: March 28, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »
With crosswalks the driver needs to watch.  We are talking any other scenario.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1024 on: March 28, 2018, 04:19:21 PM »
Not a caption, but J Boy...you have issues! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1025 on: March 28, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
On the topic of crossing parking lot road ways + Costco... how 'bout dem ass-hats that cross on a long diagonal, taking 50 feet of the roadway to casually cross from one side to the other.   >:(

I don't care if they're putting the cart back, CROSS... don't casually shimmy your way over!

Edit: Ninja'd by TAC.  Thanks... you have a keen perception of the blatantly obvious.   :tup Sherlock!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1026 on: March 28, 2018, 04:21:51 PM »
With crosswalks the driver needs to watch.  We are talking any other scenario.

Oh yeah, in other situations the people walking across in front are definitely jackasses.

They still have the right of way technically though.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: March 28, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »
Oh damn Chad. I've seen that all the time taking that diagonal line, it drives me insane.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1028 on: April 03, 2018, 11:28:23 AM »
When you find an old combination lock that use could actually put to use, but forgot the combo  :'(

I've been playing with this thing for like 30 mins  :lol  Might have to just get new one

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1029 on: April 03, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »
When you find an old combination lock that use could actually put to use, but forgot the combo  :'(

I've been playing with this thing for like 30 mins  :lol  Might have to just get new one

I have one lying around.  I'm anal retentive enough that I used a label maker to print the combination and stuck it to the lock.   :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1030 on: April 03, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »

Is it like the one below? There is a pattern to the three number combination.

Check this out: https://blog.dreamshire.com/master-lock-combination-recovery/

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1031 on: April 03, 2018, 12:23:49 PM »
Thanks for posting that. Ironically, I do have one like the one pictured, but actually remember that one's combo.

Here's the one I am having issue with

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1032 on: April 03, 2018, 12:33:34 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1033 on: April 03, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
Thanks for posting that. Ironically, I do have one like the one pictured, but actually remember that one's combo.

Here's the one I am having issue with

Oh, that's easy. There are only 999 possible combinations. Assuming 3 seconds per attempt, it'll take you less than 50 minutes to crack it. I've had to do that on a number of occasions.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1034 on: April 07, 2018, 07:22:57 PM »
Well,

Just came in to work. 12 hour night shift. Had a delicious Buffalo chicken strip sandwhich to enjoy for dinner, and Of course I drop it right on the floor just as I take it out of the package  :yeahright

And its a hospital, so the 5 second rule doesn't apply. oh well

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1035 on: April 07, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »
Well,

Just came in to work. 12 hour night shift. Had a delicious Buffalo chicken strip sandwhich to enjoy for dinner, and Of course I drop it right on the floor just as I take it out of the package  :yeahright

Wouldn't a hospital - supposedly pretty clean - give you ten or fifteen seconds?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1036 on: April 07, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »
Well,

Wouldn't a hospital - supposedly pretty clean - give you ten or fifteen seconds?

I was actually thinking the same thing. Besides, wouldn't the buffalo sauce kill any germs anyway?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1037 on: April 07, 2018, 07:53:14 PM »
pseudomonas and MRSA is rampant here. No way jose

And honestly, a hospital is one of the worst places to be if you are sick. If you are there for more than 5 days, you are likely to catch a hospital acquired disease.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1038 on: April 07, 2018, 08:03:54 PM »
My brother's a cop, and even with all the shit flying around about cops, and racism, and school shootings and all that, the one thing he's most scared of is MRSA.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1039 on: April 07, 2018, 10:17:39 PM »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:42:57 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1040 on: April 19, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »
I just started the coffee pot without realizing the pot itself was still in the sink and then went get the mail. I now have delicious freshly brewed coffee all over the counter and floor...

silly me  :blush

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1041 on: April 19, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1042 on: April 19, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
I just started the coffee pot without realizing the pot itself was still in the sink and then went get the mail. I now have delicious freshly brewed coffee all over the counter and floor...

silly me  :blush

Or when you forget to empty the carafe, just put it back in the coffee maker the night before, and the wife wakes up to a pot of 1/2 fresh and 1/2 stale coffee, while the rest is all over the counter and floor...

That's a great way to start the day!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #1043 on: April 27, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »
Water chestnuts, no flavor, horrible texture, what's the point?
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #1044 on: April 27, 2018, 02:40:29 PM »
And another thing.  When the drinking straw paper is too tight.  You can't deploy the tried-and-true tap the bottom of the straw on a flat service, releasing the straw from the top of the paper wrapper.  Instead you have to pinch a little of the end then roll down a bit of the paper until you can grasp the actual straw and pull. 
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1045 on: April 27, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »
On the topic of straws, municipalities who ban plastic straws due to their detriment to the environment, yet see no issue with thousands upon thousands of junkies using plastic syringes to shoot up heroin.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/the-last-straw-seattle-will-say-goodbye-to-plastic-straws-utensils-with-upcoming-ban/
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1046 on: April 27, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »
So I have MSN has my homepage on my computer.

How come EVERY FUCKING DAY there's a headline about a Kardashian??

WHO FUCKING CARES?

Seriously, who is this meant for?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1047 on: April 27, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »
And another thing.  When the drinking straw paper is too tight.  You can't deploy the tried-and-true tap the bottom of the straw on a flat service, releasing the straw from the top of the paper wrapper.  Instead you have to pinch a little of the end then roll down a bit of the paper until you can grasp the actual straw and pull.

I hate straws.  If you use the "tap" method, half the time the straw ends up bending, which puts a small crack in the straw which results in whatever you're drinking being aerated.  The only thing that tastes better through a straw is McDonald's Coke (which for some reason tastes different than Coke from anywhere else).

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1048 on: April 28, 2018, 06:56:54 AM »
Time to change the homepage TAC.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: April 28, 2018, 07:31:09 AM »
Time to change the homepage TAC.

That was my instant thought too.  He probably uses IE and Bing too!   :lol