Author Topic: Trump's First 100 Days  (Read 35342 times)

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Trump's First 100 Days
« Reply #2275 on: April 29, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »
Did you guys hear that he had a huge victory in November?

True story.

Huge.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2276 on: April 29, 2017, 10:39:15 PM »
And on his 100th day he shits on the Constitution.

In an interview with Fox News to mark the 100-day mark, he declared himself “disappointed” with congressional Republicans, despite his many “great relationships” with them.

He blamed the constitutional checks and balances built in to US governance. “It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”
Spoken like a man who abhors process.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #2277 on: April 29, 2017, 11:00:28 PM »
Did you guys hear that he had a huge victory in November?

True story.

Huge.
I think we're still waiting on the final numbers from it. Though I know the White House staff are working a lot on keeping those numbers up to date. I expect towards the end of four years they will have some tremendous charts to display them.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #2278 on: April 30, 2017, 06:09:12 AM »
There are some intangibles that might or might not be accomplishments. Blowing up an empty airbase and dropping a giant bomb might actually pay dividends that we'll never know about. It's certainly a shift in our posture. I'd also call a lot of his regulatory stuff an accomplishment on his part. Once or twice a week he issues a new executive order defunding this or killing that. That's in line with his campaign promises.

I was under the impression that most EOs and EAs don't actually enforce anything??  They simply "review", "evaluate", "determine" yada yada.

review existing tax regulations, and submit a report in 150 days
review the federal government's role in education, and determine whether states should have more say
evaluate how steel "dumping," the practice where other countries sell products at a lower price than they sell at in the US, was affecting American manufacturers, and what the federal government could do to prevent the practice.
review and propose changes to the H-1B visa program
produce a country-by-country, product-by-product report on trade deficits in 90 days, in order to figure out how to reduce the $500 billion trade deficit the US had in 2016.

And on his 100th day he shits on the Constitution.

In an interview with Fox News to mark the 100-day mark, he declared himself “disappointed” with congressional Republicans, despite his many “great relationships” with them.

He blamed the constitutional checks and balances built in to US governance. “It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

All this validates is that he thinks he is/should be CEO of the country.
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #2279 on: April 30, 2017, 07:05:48 AM »
I get the sense Trump regrets ever getting involved in politics. I think he wishes he could get the fuck out now. I think theirs a decent chance he will decide not to seek re election.
Although he'd never admit it, I think deep down inside Trump never wanted to actually win the election, or maybe he did, but he didn't realize that the president can't rule a country like a CEO and is now disappointed at his lack of power. I'm sure he'd rather be running his businesses and calling the shots there - posting tweets about Clinton ruining America every now and then - than living under constant scrutiny and being expected to deliver on his campaign promises. That said, I have a feeling he'll still seek re-election, because his personal philosophy seems to be all about not displaying any signs of defeat or giving up, which he probably thinks not running for re-election might be interpreted as.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2280 on: April 30, 2017, 08:46:39 AM »
I get the sense Trump regrets ever getting involved in politics. I think he wishes he could get the fuck out now. I think theirs a decent chance he will decide not to seek re election.
Although he'd never admit it, I think deep down inside Trump never wanted to actually win the election

Actually...I think that's ALL he wanted to do was win. He wanted to be able to 'say' he won....'say' he became a United States President and just have the 'glory' of that achievement. I think the rest of what you mentioned is probably spot on...but I'm sure he wanted to win. What he's finding out is that it's not like a business where you can assign 'XX' many people to do something and then just report to you...or 'mandate' something in 'his' company and it has to be done without question. You actually have to work at it. On top of the fact (for many extenuating reasons) he is fought tooth and nail in the press and in Congress on any initiative he's tried to implement or get going.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #2281 on: April 30, 2017, 09:12:15 AM »
I agree with Gary - he definitely wanted to win, but had ZERO clue what being President really would be like.  I guess there is a fine line with naivety and idiocy.   :lol
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2282 on: April 30, 2017, 09:24:25 AM »
If he makes it through his first term, I'm guessing Ivanka will run in 2020 in his place.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2283 on: April 30, 2017, 12:05:42 PM »
New Topic incoming.