Author Topic: Trump's First 100 Days  (Read 32123 times)

Offline XeRocks81

Re: Trump's First 100 Days
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/green-card-holders-included-trump-152535025.html

Look I think the EO on the whole is awful but what the hell is the point of preventing green card holders from re-entering the US?

this is the kind of shit people were "TERRIFIED!"  about after the election but were told it was the wrong choice of word because it supposedly denoted some sort of left wing media conspiracy.   :yeahright

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »

Look I think the EO on the whole is awful but what the hell is the point of preventing green card holders from re-entering the US?

this is the kind of shit people were "TERRIFIED!"  about after the election but were told it was the wrong choice of word because it supposedly denoted some sort of left wing media conspiracy.   :yeahright

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2017, 02:11:48 PM »
I get the "wait and see" attitude... but my socially-liberal-spidey-sense is tingling with all these puzzle pieces...
Refusing to denounce the KKK
Says judge is biased because he has Mexican heritage
Retweets Breitbart
Stop and Frisk
Steve Bannon nomination
Building a wall
Illegal immigrant news distribution
Immigrant and refugee ban from countries he doesn't have businesses in

I know these pieces may belong to different puzzles... but it makes a sort of picture in my head

Online portnoy311

« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »

Exactly. Everything I was terrified of is happening. I was very warranted in that feeling, and nothing that has happened since has allayed that feeling.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2017, 06:05:47 PM »
Steve Bannon nomination

That guy gives me the creeps.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2017, 06:09:56 PM »
Lots of horror stories coming out of airports today. And the DHS said they weren't consulted at all prior to the executive order being signed. Their people had no direction on how to interpret or enforce it.

The JFK protest looks huge from the pictures/videos I've seen, and they have volunteer lawyers huddling on the airport floor drafting paperwork to try to help detainees. Sounds like the same is going on all over the country.

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »
Now I guess a stay has been issued by a judge....wow, this is just a mess.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lucien

• composer
    • my music
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »
This is indefensible.
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2017, 07:47:57 PM »
I'm choosing to take encouragement in the action of the lawyers working pro bono and the citizens protesting at JFK and other airports around the country rather than disheartened by the sorry actions of our commander in chief.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2017, 08:26:35 PM »
Also going on:

Trump Gives Stephen Bannon Access to the National Security Council

The order also said the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff would no longer be automatic principals on the committee.

So when it comes to National Security, it's Stephen Bannon in, and potentially even intelligence and military leaders out.

It's all good though. I'm sure people will be along soon to assure everyone that Bannon is a good egg.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2017, 08:31:53 PM »
I'm uncomfortable with Bannon being allowed on a tour of the White House, let alone him having the position that he does.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2017, 09:08:21 PM »
Yeah I'd almost forgotten about ol'  "BANNON!"  How swell

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2017, 09:13:16 PM »
Some good info here. This whole thing smells like Bannon.

Friday night, DHS arrived at the legal interpretation that the executive order restrictions applying to seven countries -- Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Sudan and Yemen -- did not apply to people who with lawful permanent residence, generally referred to as green card holders.
The White House overruled that guidance overnight, according to officials familiar with the rollout. That order came from the President's inner circle, led by Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon. Their decision held that, on a case by case basis, DHS could allow green card holders to enter the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban/index.html

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2017, 09:45:03 PM »
Christians persecuted all over the world: Liberals yawn.

A dozen Muslims held up at the airport: Liberals lose their minds.

He said, to stir up the pot  :)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2017, 09:49:47 PM »

Can you give me some information on Christians being persecuted?

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2017, 10:03:27 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alon-benmeir/the-persecution-of-christ_b_13652002.html

It's not all over the world, it's specifically in parts of the Middle East, Africa and Southern Asia.

It's happening and it's truly disgusting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2017, 10:05:41 PM »
The incompetence of these people is really staggering
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban/index.html

Offline jsbru

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2017, 10:18:25 PM »
Fascism yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/lobbying-ban-trump-executive-order-isis-strategy?CMP=share_btn_fb

President Donald Trump granted controversial adviser Steve Bannon a regular seat at meetings of the National Security Council on Saturday, in a presidential memorandum that brought the former Breitbart publisher into some of the most sensitive meetings at the highest levels of government.

The president named Bannon to the council in a reorganization of the NSC. He also said his chief-of-staff Reince Priebus would have a seat in the meetings.

Trump also said the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff and the director of national intelligence, two of the most senior defense chiefs, will attend meetings only when discussions are related to their “responsibilities and expertise”. Barack Obama and George W Bush both gave the men in those roles regular seats on the council.

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is THE highest ranking armed forces officer in our country.  He and the Director of National Intelligence are being replaced by Steve Bannon, whose expertise is in alt-right propaganda.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »
Fascism yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/28/lobbying-ban-trump-executive-order-isis-strategy?CMP=share_btn_fb

President Donald Trump granted controversial adviser Steve Bannon a regular seat at meetings of the National Security Council on Saturday, in a presidential memorandum that brought the former Breitbart publisher into some of the most sensitive meetings at the highest levels of government.

The president named Bannon to the council in a reorganization of the NSC. He also said his chief-of-staff Reince Priebus would have a seat in the meetings.

Trump also said the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff and the director of national intelligence, two of the most senior defense chiefs, will attend meetings only when discussions are related to their “responsibilities and expertise”. Barack Obama and George W Bush both gave the men in those roles regular seats on the council.

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is THE highest ranking armed forces officer in our country.  He and the Director of National Intelligence are being replaced by Steve Bannon, whose expertise is in alt-right propaganda.

You might want to read the thread a bit before posting. I think this is the 2nd time you've posted something shortly after someone else already did.

And calling it fascism (as of yet) doesn't help productive convo.

/modmode.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online portnoy311

« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2017, 10:59:05 PM »
Atheists the least trusted demographic in America : Christians rejoice. Anyone can make up fake headlines (although by some metrics what I said is true). The unconstitutionality of banning legal immigration is the issue. This is hardly a few Muslims being delayed at the airport.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2017, 11:37:32 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alon-benmeir/the-persecution-of-christ_b_13652002.html

It's not all over the world, it's specifically in parts of the Middle East, Africa and Southern Asia.

It's happening and it's truly disgusting.
Okay, so please correct me if I'm way off base here... but it sounds like christians are persecuted where they are the minority and where religious freedom is not necessarily a given right? This is different from the issues in America, where religious minorities are persecuted (not christians?) but religious freedom is a given right?

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »
Was under the weather yesterday and woke up today to a facebook status update from a woman living in the United States of America since 7 years who was forced to leave a plane going from Dubai to her home....

A woman who has a job, an appartment and a dog in USA that she was not allowed to return to after a visit to her previous hometown of Teheran.

Totally appaled at Donald Trumps actions..... glad that there are leaders in the world who have other thoughts around these issues. I am espescially thinking of Justin Trudeau whos reaction to this is to welcome the refugees to Canada.

Offline jsbru

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2017, 11:47:51 PM »
Christians being persecuted around the world is definitely a problem.  My own ancestors moved to this very country because they were the wrong type of Christians, and they were being tortured and killed where they lived.

However, the current outrage is about people being persecuted here, so people care more about what our own country is responsible for.  Not necessarily being tortured, burned at the stake, etc.  But being treated as less than human compared to other people of similar immigration status.  If Christians were being persecuted here, the outrage would likely be louder.

The last time our Federal government engaged in such an overt act of discrimination might have been the Japanese internment camps.  The last time a significant number of state governments did so was Jim Crow.

Today's immigrants aren't being subject to conditions that are as bad, but the discriminatory motive is just as clear.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2017, 12:09:38 AM »

How about you don't do that?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2017, 12:33:25 AM »
This man is a clown. Fucking disgrace. Land of the free and home of the brave? Bullshit. I'm disgusted.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2017, 12:44:25 AM »
The director of the Swedish film "A man called Ove", Asghar Farhadi, might win an Oscar but he wont be allowed to go and recieve it himself. Nice work mr President...

Offline jsbru

« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2017, 01:05:46 AM »
Just goes to show you what an international embarrassment this all is.  There is historical precedent of a collapse of a powerful empire.  Rome got so powerful and its actual citizens got so spoiled that its culture internally crumbled and eventually led to chaos.

But there wasn't social media around to watch it all happen real time.  Nor was there historical precedent at that time for their citizens to have learned from.

There's a lot of complaints these days about how spoiled "liberal millennials" are.  But how spoiled do you have to be to be descended from immigrants (which nearly all of us are), and yet take a position supporting Trump's presidency?  National security is a poor excuse, because most (if not all) the 9/11 attackers were from or based out of countries not on this list.  How spoiled do you have to be to cast aspersions at illegal immigrants that do work that you're actually too lazy to do at the pay that is actually offered, who often pay into Social Security and Medicare via payroll taxes and yet aren't even eligible for those programs themselves?  They're funding YOUR retirement.

Contrary to popular belief, red states are generally larger consumers of federal government welfare than blue states.  California is a net producer of government income.  So is Illinois.  Texas is a net consumer.  If Atlas actually shrugged in this country, it would be the conservative areas that felt the blow.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/05/which-states-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/

The self-righteousness among some people in this country that fuels this vision that only they are the hard workers, and everyone else is a lazy interloper, is hard to ignore, especially how this narrative fits in to the immigration story.

But in reality, they have the narrative backwards.

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2017, 06:37:59 AM »
So first Trump blames Obama and Clinton for creating ISIS and then - as a yuuuge sign of responsibility - blocks (among others) those fleeing from ISIS from entering the US...

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2017, 06:41:38 AM »
President Trump signed a memorandum late Saturday afternoon that reorganizes the National Security Council (NSC), including Steve Bannon, the former chair of Breitbart Media and his chief strategist and senior counselor, as well as Reince Priebus, his chief of staff, on its principals committee. The decision is unusual because such positions are not normally given to political operatives. Bannon has been among the most controversial of Trump’s advisors, because of his association with the racist and anti-Semitic “Alt-Right.”

The order also said the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff would no longer be automatic principals on the committee. Trump said the reorganization is meant to streamline the NSC. He said it would bring “a lot of efficiency and, I think, a lot of additional safety,” The Washington Post reported.

“People have talked about doing this for a long time. Like, many years.” The memorandum read that "security threats facing the United States in the 21st century transcend international boundaries. Accordingly, the United States Government's decision-making structures and processes to address these challenges must remain equally adaptive and transformative."

...dafuq.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2017, 06:41:58 AM »
This man is a clown. Fucking disgrace. Land of the free and home of the brave? Bullshit. I'm disgusted.

The USA is becoming the laughing stock of the world, if they weren't already after the inauguration. This complete inbecile is bypassing democracy with his ridiculous 'executive orders' and I can't imagine that this will go on forever. How about something new? Remove him asap.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2017, 07:04:51 AM »
Even The Lovely Mrs. TAC, who is a staunch Republican, thought this was nuts.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2017, 07:12:03 AM »
President Trump signed a memorandum late Saturday afternoon that reorganizes the National Security Council (NSC), including Steve Bannon, the former chair of Breitbart Media and his chief strategist and senior counselor, as well as Reince Priebus, his chief of staff, on its principals committee. The decision is unusual because such positions are not normally given to political operatives. Bannon has been among the most controversial of Trump’s advisors, because of his association with the racist and anti-Semitic “Alt-Right.”

The order also said the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff would no longer be automatic principals on the committee. Trump said the reorganization is meant to streamline the NSC. He said it would bring “a lot of efficiency and, I think, a lot of additional safety,” The Washington Post reported.

“People have talked about doing this for a long time. Like, many years.” The memorandum read that "security threats facing the United States in the 21st century transcend international boundaries. Accordingly, the United States Government's decision-making structures and processes to address these challenges must remain equally adaptive and transformative."

...dafuq.

Was just coming in here to mention this. Disturbing to see Bannon gaining even more power/influence.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2017, 07:24:32 AM »
While disturbing, I'm more worried by the fact that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Director of National Intelligence are no longer permanent members.