Author Topic: Guilty Until Proven Innocent  (Read 5941 times)

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »
Yeah, lets do it 3 three days on Good Friday. Or would that be in poor taste? I'm a little hazy on Christian execution etiquette.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2017, 08:59:53 AM »
Meh. All citizens have that right, even the worst ones. I'd rather this guy get a trial and not need it over people who need a trial not getting one.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:22 AM »
Yeah, lets do it 3 three days on Good Friday. Or would that be in poor taste? I'm a little hazy on Christian execution etiquette.

I've admitted many times that instances like this are a challenge for me personally. I understand what my Faith asks me to do in this situation, but cannot seem to conquer the impulse to want to see this 'man' be executed in the same manner in which he cold heart killed that defenseless little three month old baby.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online portnoy311

« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2017, 12:59:51 AM »
I actually feel more safe living in a society where people aren't executed after someone reads a news clipping about them and what they supposedly did.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2017, 04:41:56 AM »

I've admitted many times that instances like this are a challenge for me personally. I understand what my Faith asks me to do in this situation, but cannot seem to conquer the impulse to want to see this 'man' be executed in the same manner in which he cold heart killed that defenseless little three month old baby.

I hear ya, could feel the same way, and am offering no defense for this person/situation.  The problem is, where is the line drawn?  What should be deemed do-not-pass-go/no-trial/go-straight-to-the-hangman?  Your line might be different than your neighbours.  The rules/laws/processes are there for a reason.  Lynch mobs didn't work, and you're essentially advocating for a 'new-age' way of bypassing judge and jury.
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2017, 06:35:32 AM »

I hear ya, could feel the same way, and am offering no defense for this person/situation.  The problem is, where is the line drawn?  What should be deemed do-not-pass-go/no-trial/go-straight-to-the-hangman?  Your line might be different than your neighbours.  The rules/laws/processes are there for a reason.  Lynch mobs didn't work, and you're essentially advocating for a 'new-age' way of bypassing judge and jury.

Totally get it and agree....the hypothetical line would be different for everyone. But this dude would fall beneath anyone of those.

I actually feel more safe living in a society where people aren't executed after someone reads a news clipping about them and what they supposedly did.

there's no 'supposed' with this person. He admitted to the police what he did. Even said that after he had buried the defenseless little babies head in the mattress first to kill it..when he flipped it over thinking it was dead and then the little baby started to take breaths to keep living....he then covered its nose and mouth suffocating it. No supposedly....no speculation as to 'maybe this happened'...it did...dude should have to prove his innocence in court and when he can't he should be immediately killed.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »
If it truly is "beyond a reasonable doubt", it should be a quick process.
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il