Author Topic: Sneaky Pete (on Amazon)  (Read 4483 times)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Sneaky Pete (on Amazon)
« on: January 23, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
Anybody else watch this?  I watched the entire season over the last several days.

Very good crime/con man story with an incredibly good cast (Giovanni Ribisi, Bryan Cranston, Marin Ireland, Peter Gerety, Margo Martindale, etc). 

This show was a hell of a lot of fun, with lots of twists and turns.  I give it my highest recommendation, and can't wait for season 2.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Sneaky Pete (on Amazon)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »
I started it and am loving it! Just a few episodes in and it's got me hooked. Glad to hear it plays out nicely. I was surprised it got renewed so damn quick but I suppose there's a reason for that.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:45 AM »
My wife was out of town all week.  I would love to re-watch it just so she could see it. 

Can't believe CBS passed on this.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 11:59:50 AM »
I just started watching and so far so good.  If you like Margo Martindale, check her out in the second season of Justified.  She won an Emmy for best supporting actress.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »
I really need to find time to watch this, maybe I'll be able to start it this weekend.

My wife was out of town all week.  I would love to re-watch it just so she could see it. 

Can't believe CBS passed on this.

Evidently the original version of the show was a bit more of a procedural and less like the finished product. Cranston also wasn't appearing onscreen when CBS passed. Once they lost CBS he figured adding himself to the cast was going to give it a better shot of being picked up by someone else.
Photobucket sucks.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 01:33:36 PM »
Well, he was friggin' awesome in it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 10:42:26 PM »
Watched the first 4 Episodes tonight. Really good thus far. The acting has been top notch and I'm impressed with the story so far. Typically by now I'd have a good idea of what was going to happen but I'm not sure at this point.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:48 AM »
Watched the first 4 Episodes tonight. Really good thus far. The acting has been top notch and I'm impressed with the story so far. Typically by now I'd have a good idea of what was going to happen but I'm not sure at this point.
Yeah, it's good that way.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 06:37:00 AM »
Yeah, it's good that way.

Hammered out another 4 episodes last night. This show is costing me sleep  :lol  I still don't have a clear idea of what the outcome is going to be and I live that!

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »
I knocked the entire season out last Saturday. It was GREAT!! It looks to be an interesting season 2 from the ending. :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 01:04:45 PM »
I knocked the entire season out last Saturday. It was GREAT!! It looks to be an interesting season 2 from the ending. :tup

just noticed that it's only (10) Episodes so I'll be able to knock this out tonight. Such a cool show and I can't stress enough how refreshing it is to have two episodes to go and still not have a good idea of how this is going to shake out. Not that I'm the worlds smartest man or anything, but I watch so many movies and so much television a lot of these shows and movies get pretty predictable. This one has been great at keeping the plot ever evolving to where you can't figure it out.

Add in the great ensemble cast and their performances and it's very entertaining.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »
Done! Very cool ending. It would appear they have an idea for the second season already given that ending.....i mean talk about getting thrown right back into the grinder.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 01:01:40 AM »
I saw the title for this show, google, saw Bryan Cranston, and was naturally thinking 'Breaking Bad' and ...'Skinny Pete' :facepalm:

though, with the good words here, will watch in March
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 04:31:42 AM »
Done! Very cool ending. It would appear they have an idea for the second season already given that ending.....i mean talk about getting thrown right back into the grinder.

Exactly.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
No kidding!

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 10:00:46 AM »
Finally caught up on the DVR and got to watch the first episode of this before work this morning. Yeah, I'm in  :corn
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »
Any time I see a trailer for it - I think Giovanni Ribisi is Sherlock actor Andrew Scott for a moment.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »
Finally got around to finishing the first season this weekend. Really, really good. Nothing groundbreaking or innovative, just fantastically executed. Sign me up for season 2.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 09:23:57 AM »
Anyone hear anything about a Season 2 premiere date?  This was definitely my favorite series of 2017.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 04:43:26 AM »
I've been looking forward to this since I heard about earlier this year but haven't had a chance to get into it yet, I love Giovanni Ribisi!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 07:41:31 AM »
Season 2 is on now. Got through the first three episodes last night and it seems like they didn’t miss a beat. Still the same feel....same tension and same creativity.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »
I'm also 3 eps. in and enjoying season 2 as well.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
Ive now got (3) to go.....really neat story going on. I’d have to re-watch season 1 but it seems to me that this season has incorporated more ‘side’ storylines than season 1.....and it’s working well.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 06:29:46 AM »
Good sophomore season. There was major character development and the story was interesting. Although one of the big ‘reveals’ at the end I had guessed very early on.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 05:50:00 AM »
Finished season 2 and I also loved it! I did think season 1 was a little better but maybe because it was character introduction and all. I kind of picked up on the 'reveal' just wasn't sure how or when the details would arrive.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 07:58:50 AM »
Finished season 2 and I also loved it! I did think season 1 was a little better but maybe because it was character introduction and all. I kind of picked up on the 'reveal' just wasn't sure how or when the details would arrive.

Much like Season 2 of Stranger Things.....season 2 of Sneaky Pete found itself competing with the first season because of how good the first season was. They're now obligated to make sure each season can 'live up' to the last one. BUT, I do think there was much more character development in this second season. I'd have to re-watch the first season to confirm but it felt like there were more 'side' stories that each cluster of characters was involved in this season than there was in the first one?

All in all it was good and worth the watch and it looks as if they are planning at least one more season given the way it ended.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2019, 05:23:53 PM »
Just noticed that season 3 is up on Amazon.  The first episode of the season  started off with a bang.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2019, 05:32:58 PM »
Just noticed that season 3 is up on Amazon.  The first episode of the season  started off with a bang.

Yep. I have three episodes to go in the season. It’s been right on par with the other two.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 07:01:13 AM »
Finished this season up last night. While I enjoyed it.....IMO it was easily the ‘weakest’ of the three seasons. The ‘con’ in this season wasn’t as good as the first two IMO.

Still enjoyed it and will watch a S4 if they get it. Just think S3 wasn’t as good as either of the first two.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 04:42:59 AM »
Finished this season up last night. While I enjoyed it.....IMO it was easily the ‘weakest’ of the three seasons. The ‘con’ in this season wasn’t as good as the first two IMO.

Still enjoyed it and will watch a S4 if they get it. Just think S3 wasn’t as good as either of the first two.
Just finished S3. I’m not one for comparing seasons that much as I go in hoping it’s just as entertaining as the others on it’s own merit. That being said, I totally agree with you...which might be result of the previous seasons. I’m always questioning every character’s every word for honesty or con, and this season had a bit more of the “oh,that’s it?”..factor. Still love the show but I kind of predicted more on this season than past. .....As always, JMO.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »
I finished season 3.  I really enjoyed it, as I did the first two seasons.

Unfortunately, that's it.  The show has been canceled by Amazon.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2019, 04:52:24 PM »
Unfortunately, that's it.  The show has been canceled by Amazon.

Bummer to hear but I can understand. IMO S3 wasn’t as up to par with Seasons 1 and 2. Oh well.....lots of great things out there to watch.