Author Topic: Democrats Skipping The Inauguration  (Read 4126 times)

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Democrats Skipping The Inauguration
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 01:00:15 PM »
And since a cornerstone of conservative foreign policy is the US taking on a leadership role, do we really want the example we set to be acting like assholes and bullies?

No, but that's how we've been acting for way longer than Trump so this is nothing new although maybe more extreme.
But I thought we spent the last 8 years acting like castrated wimps?

I was actually referring to much more of a past than the last 8 years.  Obama was not much of a bully IMO, but I feel like America as a whole has been a bully for pretty much my entire life at least.  Not saying that's necessarily bad either.  Sometimes someone needs to be an asshole and push people to make progress.  And sometimes being an asshole makes things worse.
Agree pretty much across the board. What concerns me is, as you say, there's a time for hearts and minds and there's a time for ball-grabbing (Westmorland, not Trump). Trump has shown no signs of even understanding this, much less working with it, and he's playing it against people who, sometimes correctly and others not, suggest Obama only cared about the hearts and minds (or as somebody here would put it, being a pussy). While I'm offended by the long term goal of Obama's foreign policy, in many cases I think the specifics were bang-on with what I'd call a more contemplative approach. Grabby's reactionary and emotional, and those qualities tend to pin down and beat the ever-loving shit out of reason and deliberation.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Democrats Skipping The Innuguation
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »
I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm also not really a fan of patriotism and tradition, so that might be why.

Eh, I don't want to minimize your point, but if it was the other way around would you feel this way? If Clinton won and the Rs were saying she was a criminal and shouldn't be President and they weren't supporting the transition of power by not going to the inauguration, would you be cool with that? The standard is the standard and needs applied both ways regardless of political views or affiliations.

Furthermore, I think my disapproval of this move by some Dems isn't rooted in patriotism or tradition, it's rooted in the fact that all these guys and gals, once again regardless of affiliation, are in the position they are in to be public servants. To try to improve our country, to go to bat for the folks they represent, to cross political divides in the name of progress toward goals that help and enable the American people to realize the American dream. Not going to the inauguration does none of that. That's my measuring stick for this, not patriotism or tradition.

I personally would not care if it was switched. In my mind, attending (or not attending) the inauguration is such a minor thing in the grand scheme of things. I would rather people (including politicians) actually act on their beliefs rather than pretend to support someone.

But that begs the question; what beliefs are they acting on?   Some basic ideological difference with a candidate (fair point) or a complete "F*** you", nose-thumb to the process that we call "democracy" (which is not so noble)?   I don't think it's black and white, but I think there's a degree to which, if their principles ARE that we are a team, we should work together despite our differences, and that their job is to represent ALL people in their constituency, and not just those that agree with them (or donate to them) then they should be there, standing tall, and clapping loudly.   

Put another way, I don't view some of these people (I would except John Lewis from this, for example) as a noble freedom fighter, standing up for his beliefs; I view them as whiny babies who didn't get their way in November and are now pouting out loud. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 01:12:43 PM »
And since a cornerstone of conservative foreign policy is the US taking on a leadership role, do we really want the example we set to be acting like assholes and bullies?

No, but that's how we've been acting for way longer than Trump so this is nothing new although maybe more extreme.

I was actually referring to much more of a past than the last 8 years.  Obama was not much of a bully IMO, but I feel like America as a whole has been a bully for pretty much my entire life at least.  Not saying that's necessarily bad either.  Sometimes someone needs to be an asshole and push people to make progress.  And sometimes being an asshole makes things worse.
Agree pretty much across the board. What concerns me is, as you say, there's a time for hearts and minds and there's a time for ball-grabbing (Westmorland, not Trump). Trump has shown no signs of even understanding this, much less working with it, and he's playing it against people who, sometimes correctly and others not, suggest Obama only cared about the hearts and minds (or as somebody here would put it, being a pussy). While I'm offended by the long term goal of Obama's foreign policy, in many cases I think the specifics were bang-on with what I'd call a more contemplative approach. Grabby's reactionary and emotional, and those qualities tend to pin down and beat the ever-loving shit out of reason and deliberation.

Forget about whether you like it or not, or whether you agree with it or not, but we have a foreign policy that is exactly what many people voted for, in the wake of eight years of Bush's nation-building approach to the rest of the world.  It's one of the few things that Obama actually delivered on, and even though some of us called this nonsense eight years ago, it's still pretty much a case of going into "Chick-fil-A", then going on Yelp! and giving the store one star, complaining that "Everything is CHICKEN. Chicken THIS, chicken THAT.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 01:17:23 PM »

That's always been one of my beefs with Trump.  He hasn't shown at all that he can be compassionate which is an important quality to have if you are also going to be a hard ass.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »

That's always been one of my beefs with Trump.  He hasn't shown at all that he can be compassionate which is an important quality to have if you are also going to be a hard ass.
I'd settle for thoughtful, but I think we're both SOL on this one.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »
Much of Europe cares to some degree, because they recognize that immense power that America has.

This.

The world is watching us, and this looks bad.

I don't think we can damage our image to the rest of the world much more than we already have. We did elect Donald Trump for president after all.

.....and obama twice.....

You're tripping if you think the rest of the world views voting for Obama to be equal to or worse than voting for Trump.

You're also tripping if you think the rest of the world cares that much about who we elect.  I never like the idea of doing anything, whether personal or on a large scale, because of what others may think.

Like it or not, but your trainwreck of an election and the year and a half that preceded it was heavily covered and featured in the international press as well. All the nonsense made the news in my country at least and the pre-elections got attention. We knew who your 21 Republican candidates were. The media schooled me on how your electoral system works and gave me backgrounds of all people that played a role. Every Republican candidate that dropped got their own news article. Don't fool yourself that the world isn't watching what's happening, because on behalf of the rest of the world, I think I can state with clear consience that we do indeed care that much who you elect.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2017, 01:29:56 PM »
Once again, everyone is watching, but who is caring?  Most of America doesn't even care.  I don't think you'll be able to convince me that the rest of the world actually cares.  This election was massively entertaining.  It was the best reality TV you could ever find.  It's also very important and I know many people do in fact care, but I'm not really sure anyone's opinions have changed on some massive scale that we, Americans, should care about to take into account.

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »
Me personally, I've never watched the Inauguration.  I've skipped it ever time.  Now as a voted in politician, it should be your duty to go.  More and more bipartisanship is a thing of the past as we move further left and further right.

It's lets see how in 3 years, we can battle each other to get the other out and get our guy in.  In the end the real losers of this battle is us, the voters.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »
In the end the real losers of this battle is us

yup

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 01:39:47 PM »

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »
I just feel all these Dems skipping out says to an already greatly divided country that its ok.  It says unity is a thing of the past. My daughter is in DC right now with her high school. One of only 50 kids in the state of Connecticut going. This trip was planned long before we knew who would be sworn in. My daughter wanted Hillary to win. She doesnt care for Trump at all, and busted my balls continuously not to vote for him.
Regardless of who won, she is filled with pride to be part of history and is loving the experience so far. These pinheads dont seem to give a rats ass about sending a positive message to the youth of the nation. That message is things dont always go the way we want as adults. The right thing is to honor the president in this moment. When he takes office and your disenchanted, you roll up your sleeves and try to get things done for the American people. Both sides are disgusting now. Its sends a terrible message to kids like my daughter who will someday shape this country.
Thats how I feel.

This is our future, and these kids are loving this experience.

Its too bad a bunch of whiny bitches don't think anything but party matters, and not the nation and its people as a whole.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2017, 01:55:01 PM »
I think that a government that could work together with some semblance of bipartisanship would be good, on the other hand I completely understand the position politicians that would not normally make such a gesture doing so because it is Donald Trump in particular. I don't really know what would be better - unified solidatiry in just showing up no matter how distasteful he is, or making a point by giving it a miss in decent numbers - but ultimately I don't think it is that important.

One thought I had with regards to bipartisanship, as people start to wonder how the Democrats should act as opposition going forward... this election, America essentially voted that bipartisanship is irrelevant. The Republicans in Congress took obstructionism to new heights (most notable is the Supreme Court nomination which the Senate refused to even vote on), and they retained their majority and won the presidency. If you want any politician, Republican or Democrat, to think that bipartisanship is important, then sending the same people back and giving them even more power does not work. All that shows is that the strategy employed by the Republicans in recent years is the way to be successful. If the Democrats start doing the same (obviously they will not be able to do so effectively with minorities in congress, but if things change in 2 or 4 years...), then yes you could accuse them of hypocrisy for doing what they criticised the Republicans for. But on the other hand, they would simply be doing what the voters have shown is an acceptable and potentially successful approach.

So whether it's small symbolic gestures like skipping an inauguration, or something more meaningful further down the road, I think that we probably will see a lot of things that "People criticised / would have criticised Republicans for when it was Obama!" Which is a shame, and will of course perpetuate both sides doing the same thing. But on the other hand, the election essentially endorsed that attitude (along with various other things), and showed that the Democrats' whole "When they go low, we go high!" rhetoric was not going to be successful for them.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:14:47 PM by RuRoRul »

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2017, 02:06:36 PM »
And I'll point out, again, this whole nonsense about the importance of showing unity was exactly the argument that Trump shit on continually during the campaign. Moreover, Trump's victory is essentially an enormous "FUCK YOU" to the Washington way of doing things, so why is it not acceptable for the democrats to get in on some of that contempt?

(It's because they're democrats)
E.F. Benson

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »
I would look at then the same if the Republicans did this as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2017, 02:26:11 PM »
One thought I had with regards to bipartisanship, as people start to wonder how the Democrats should act as opposition going forward... this election, America essentially voted that bipartisanship is irrelevant. The Republicans in Congress took obstructionism to new heights (most notable is the Supreme Court nomination which the Senate refused to even vote on), and they retained their majority and won the presidency. If you want any politician, Republican or Democrat, to think that bipartisanship is important, then sending the same people back and giving them even more power does not work. All that shows is that the strategy employed by the Republicans in recent years is the way to be successful. If the Democrats start doing the same (obviously they will not be able to do so effectively with minorities in congress, but if things change in 2 or 4 years...), then yes you could accuse them of hypocrisy for doing what they criticised the Republicans for. But on the other hand, they would simply be doing what the voters have shown is an acceptable and potentially successful approach.

Good points.  It does seem that the Republican approach of obstruction has backfired and even intensified which hurts us all at the end of the day.  Although I don't necessarily believe America voted against Bipartisanship specifically, just that in the end, it's how it ended up with the Republicans having majority.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • whahibrido pickingant in action...
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2017, 02:33:30 PM »
And I'll point out, again, this whole nonsense about the importance of showing unity was exactly the argument that Trump shit on continually during the campaign. Moreover, Trump's victory is essentially an enormous "FUCK YOU" to the Washington way of doing things, so why is it not acceptable for the democrats to get in on some of that contempt?

DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER!

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 02:35:18 PM »

Good points.  It does seem that the Republican approach of obstruction has backfired and even intensified which hurts us all at the end of the day.  Although I don't necessarily believe America voted against Bipartisanship specifically, just that in the end, it's how it ended up with the Republicans having majority.
We've been moving away from bipartisanship for nearly 20 years. Since the second Clinton term it's been increasingly polarized, eventually reaching an existential point with Bush. Karl Rove had a good deal to do with it, as it's an effective way to rile up the base, which he did to perfection. The problem is that when you convince your side that the other side wants to destroy you it's not particularly easy to back off from that and pronounce "aw, shucks, they ain't such a bad bunch of guys." I honestly don't see the way beyond it. In the past you counted on Reagans aliens coming to give us a reason to unite. We had the big event with September 11 and all we did with it was blame the other side.

Personally, I'd just as soon file for divorce.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »

Why is it important? Because its not about Trump or the next 4 to 8 years. Its about the long term.This to me is ugly, and all about party first.

"When they go low, we go high!" Remember that inspirational line?

It seems more like... when they go low, we skim the bottom.

You say and enormous fuck you to Trump by being bigger than him. All it says to me is the Washington way is no better than the problem they have with Trump.
You don't act like a 12 year old. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
As I said, its a shitty example they are setting to the youth of America as to what its all about. My daughter is proud to be part of history even though its not the history she thought she was getting.

But we are all entitled to have our own feelings and this is how I feel.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2017, 03:51:42 PM »
It's not about party first. It's about not giving credibility to a man elected on the back of fascist rhetoric.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Looks like Fish, tastes like chicken
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2017, 05:10:30 PM »
I don't see it as such a big deal. Inauguration attendance isn't compulsory for being a legislator. There is a strong scent of grandstanding by some, which seems a bit petty, but I think Senator Lewis has made a strong case for why he won't be there.

Fun fact: There were more boycotts to Nixon's second inauguration

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2017, 05:12:53 PM »
I would say that my country matters more than party lines. 

I am no Trump fan at all and I am beyond worried that his mouth and actions will cost us so now is not the time for petty party line crap and work to keep this country on an even keel.

We need the Dems to do that.  Not turn their back because they lost.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2017, 06:08:04 PM »
It's not about party first. It's about not giving credibility to a man elected on the back of fascist rhetoric.

The elephant in the room.
I think the menace and long term effects of Trump's election is beyond partisan debate, it's not about Democrats and Republican or left and right anymore at this point.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »

Of course it's not that.  Please.  That's the Dem mindset, the "I'm right, I'm better than you, and you're deplorable" mindset.   That exact mindset is why we have Trump, because people - not the extremists, which you hear about, but the normal people that weren't being touched by the special interests pandered to in recent times by the Left - finally said "you know what?   I don't care about these issues that impact 4% of the population UNLESS and UNTIL we touch on the issues that touch 80% of the population FIRST".

Don't kid yourself that "half the population are RACIST BIGOTS, and that's why we have TRUMP!"   That couldn't be more wrong.  That's Gene Simmons saying "OF COURSE our fans want a concept album about a young boy being drafted into the service of mankind by a bunch of old farts sitting around a dusty, wooden table!"   

Racists have been here since 1776, and they vote every year.  They were not the difference this year.  The difference were those people that aren't as dumb as you think finally saying "you know what?  We got sold a bill of goods by this Obama feller.  He had all the cards and he didn't do dick for my job.  Hillary is more of the same, and I don't want that anymore."

It's really that simple.

And the people not going?  It's not about "them being Democrats".  Yeah, el Barto is right in that the support has divided along those lines, but only because the President has an "R" next to his name.  It's not really about that.  For those of us that are actually THINKING about this, it's about being ignorant and ignoring your pledge to support ALL of your constituency, not just the one's that agree with you.  That's why I gave the pass to John Lewis.   I lived in the next county over for five years, and worked in his county most of that time.   He's a standup guy. 

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2017, 06:41:27 PM »
Therein lies the disconnect. People who are fine with them not attending believe that the problem of Trump is big enough to warrant this kind of response. They believe it's a good way to send a message. The people who aren't fine with it, think they are doing as a means of pouting and playing mad because their candidate didn't win. So in the end, this boils down to how "bad" you think Trump really is. (Or a lot of it anyway)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:21 PM »
Of course it's not that.  Please.  That's the Dem mindset, the "I'm right, I'm better than you, and you're deplorable" mindset.

Not a democrat, nor american. Just someone who recognises a dangerous leader. I disagree with many republicans, Trump is the only one in a while I consider actually dangerous.

Don't kid yourself that "half the population are RACIST BIGOTS, and that's why we have TRUMP!"   That couldn't be more wrong.  That's Gene Simmons saying "OF COURSE our fans want a concept album about a young boy being drafted into the service of mankind by a bunch of old farts sitting around a dusty, wooden table!"

I don't. What I do think is that (just under) half the (voting) population are people who decided that the fact that the candidate being a bigoted, misogynistic narcissist who uses the rhetoric of fascists and spouts bigoted and racist policy ideas wasn't a deal-breaker for them. Doesn't really matter though, since I'm sure the people who will suffer under his proposed policies aren't going to be comforted by the fact that the people who gave him power aren't "really" racist/bigoted. It has the same practical effect either way.

Therein lies the disconnect. People who are fine with them not attending believe that the problem of Trump is big enough to warrant this kind of response. They believe it's a good way to send a message. The people who aren't fine with it, think they are doing as a means of pouting and playing mad because their candidate didn't win. So in the end, this boils down to how "bad" you think Trump really is. (Or a lot of it anyway)

A reasonable analysis. I'm just shocked so many people who purport to care about the constitution and democracy/freedom either embrace or display ambivalence towards a candidate that has minimal respect for those ideals.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2017, 07:48:43 PM »
What I do think is that (just under) half the (voting) population are people who decided that the fact that the candidate being a bigoted, misogynistic narcissist who uses the rhetoric of fascists and spouts bigoted and racist policy ideas wasn't a deal-breaker for them.

If you don't believe he is any of that, how can it be a deal-breaker?

Him being egotistical, unhinged, and having a spray tan wasn't a deal-breaker for many though.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2017, 08:36:01 PM »
I don't believe the people who voted for Trump are bigoted or misogynistic, I believe they didn't mind that he is, to me that's almost as low.
My Republican friend from work told me before the elections that it would be the first time in his adult life not to vote and same for his dad, they've always voted Republican. He also told me he would have went as far as voting for a Democrat to deny Trump, but not Hillary.
Interestingly enough though, my friend has got to be in the minority of people who did that. A lot of Democrats sat out the elections because the nominee is Hillary and she's awful, but most Republicans who thought Trump was awful voted for him anyway.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2017, 08:41:18 PM »
I don't know about that. Trump got less votes than Romney, who lost. People were sitting out on both sides of the aisle.

Both candidates were DESPICABLE. OK, now that that's out of the way, who has the best chance to get things done? At least Trump has "ran things".
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2017, 02:31:23 AM »
I don't know about that. Trump got less votes than Romney, who lost. People were sitting out on both sides of the aisle.

You're probably right, but I was talking more about the people I know.

Both candidates were DESPICABLE. OK, now that that's out of the way, who has the best chance to get things done? At least Trump has "ran things".

No sir, there's no "at least" about Trump or the people who supported him and are going with him to Washington, there's no "at least" anything when it comes to someone who conveys bigotry and misogynistic behavior, there's no "at least" anything with someone that uses fascist rhetoric. Put Trump aside, I've always said here that he doesn't believe any of the things he said on the campaign trail and this has all been solely about winning for him so he said and did everything he could to win, I believe he's amoral. But in the process of winning he has allied himself with a lot of really bad and/or incompetent people who are now his cabinet and advisers.I'm frankly more worried about those than I am about Trump himself.
I don't oppose the protesters or the boycotters, but Trump is legally the president, shit is shit, there really is no reason to force a positive spin on it and it would be a grave mistake to "normalize" his presidency or what he stands for, so freedom of press and assembly has to be upheld and utilized at all times, along with everything on the amazing Bill of Rights, that I wish my home country had in it's constitution. We just need to ride this presidential term out and hope nothing of a long-term destructive scale happens.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2017, 03:15:08 AM »
And as far as Trump having "ran things", he has absolutely zero political experience. Would you want an unqualified doctor performing surgery on you? I'll fill in the answer. Then why are people apparently keen on having an oblivious, unexperienced businessman run the highest possible political position in the US, maybe even in the world?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • whahibrido pickingant in action...
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2017, 05:40:39 AM »
Don't forget to set your clocks back 60 years, tonight.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2017, 06:11:02 AM »
Don't forget to set your clocks back 60 years, tonight.
Sounds good to me!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2017, 07:31:53 AM »
My daughter Bri through security checkpoints and waiting to witness history!

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2017, 08:22:41 AM »
So [the Devil] brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time.  Then the Devil said to him: I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish." - Luke 4:5, 6
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23:33 AM »
So [the Devil] brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time.  Then the Devil said to him: I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish." - Luke 4:5, 6

:facepalm:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind