Water
4 (44.4%)
Home
1 (11.1%)
Black Hills
2 (22.2%)
Inside Out
0 (0%)
(not voting, just came to see the results)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2017, 12:22:24 PM

Author Topic: Pain Of Salvation Survivor 2017 - One Hour By The Concrete Lake - Round 4  (Read 317 times)

Offline LordCost

Round 3 results:

Pilgrim - 5 votes
Water - 1 vote

Pilgrim is eliminated with almost all the votes. Home is my next choice, but I think the votes will be divided among many songs from now on. I would like to see Black Hills, New Years Eve and Handful Of Nothing in the first three positions but I have some doubts about my 4th favourite.

Results so far:

1- finals
2- finals
3- consolations
4- consolations
5-
6-
7-
8-
9- Pilgrim
10- Shore Serenity
11- Spirit Of The Land

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Black Hills. The song consistency on this album is incredible. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Yea, I'm really struggling here. It's not my favorite album, but it's really hard to find a weak link.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
Water is a horrible mess of a song

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
nothing here is really that strong but nothing is that weak either. voted the big machine but i wouldn't cry over most of these going out tbh

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Water is easily the weakest link out of the songs left.

I kind of want Handful of Nothing to win, but only because the live version on On The Two Deaths Of... is incredible. The album version is pretty tame in comparison and based on studio recordings, there's at least three songs on this record that are better.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Water is easily the weakest link out of the songs left.

I kind of want Handful of Nothing to win, but only because the live version on On The Two Deaths Of... is incredible. The album version is pretty tame in comparison and based on studio recordings, there's at least three songs on this record that are better.

Yea, with a lot of these survivors, I often have to remind myself that I'm voting on the album version, not the live version.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ClairvoyantCat

I think Handful of Nothing has gotta be my favorite.  Tough call cause honestly none of these songs would crack my top 30 by a long shot.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
I'd agree on Handful of Nothing, except that the live version blows the studio version out of the water. That would probably make my Top 20 PoS songs, maybe even Top 15. Nothing on this album comes close to that, though it is very consistent.

I'm also very partial to the bonus tracks, Beyond the Mirror and Timeweaver's Tale. Just as good as anything on the album.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline ClairvoyantCat

playing and singing that rhythm seems incredibly difficult to me. 

Offline LordCost

Re: Pain Of Salvation Survivor 2017 - One Hour By The Concrete Lake - Round 4
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 12:15:13 AM »
I started to appreciate a lot Handful Of Nothing only 1 year ago. The live version of that song is fantastic, and maybe it's that the reason why it became my favourite of the album while it was my least favourite for a long time. New Years Eve and Black Hills are my long time favourites and I don't know which song I would put 1st, 2nd or 3rd from these ones.

Timeweaver's Tale and Beyond The Mirror are in the bonus track round. Beyond The Mirror would be easily my least favourite, Timeweaver's maybe could be only higher than Shore Serenity. I love the entire album and I feel these two songs are not part of the album like Thorn Clown is for Remedy Lane or like the bonus tracks of RS2, I simply feel them as two songs placed at the end of Inside Out where the album is already ended.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 12:51:54 AM »
nothing here is really that strong but nothing is that weak either. voted the Water but i wouldn't cry over most of these going out tbh

ftfm
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 04:42:52 AM »
Water is pretty good IMO.

Went The Big Machine.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.