Author Topic: Roger Waters is still a bitter man  (Read 5222 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Roger Waters is still a bitter man
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2020, 12:14:22 PM »
I still have the Berlin show on DVD tucked away, and I had it on CD as well.  I wore out my original VHS copy of that back in the day (along with my VHS of Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder).  The version of Nobody Home from that show is my preferred version of that song. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2020, 12:41:18 PM »
My parents have been slowly cleaning out my room in the house they've owned since 1979, and periodically send me stuff I end up tossing in the trash. The last batch had both those VHS tapes. I am not nostalgic about stuff, and generally subscribe to that Kondo gal's notion of not holding on to everything you've ever owned. But the DSoT VHS is probably my most watched video of any type over the course of my life, and despite not owning a VCR to watch it, I still struggled with tossing it.

I've watched some of the recut videos from The Later Years release, and while it looks so beautiful, I am too aware of all the differences in the editing because I basically have the video memorized. "WAIT! Why are they showing David here, it should cut to Rick. And what the hell happened to Guy's Money solo?!?!"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2020, 12:47:45 PM »
My parents have been slowly cleaning out my room in the house they've owned since 1979, and periodically send me stuff I end up tossing in the trash. The last batch had both those VHS tapes. I am not nostalgic about stuff, and generally subscribe to that Kondo gal's notion of not holding on to everything you've ever owned. But the DSoT VHS is probably my most watched video of any type over the course of my life, and despite not owning a VCR to watch it, I still struggled with tossing it.

I've watched some of the recut videos from The Later Years release, and while it looks so beautiful, I am too aware of all the differences in the editing because I basically have the video memorized. "WAIT! Why are they showing David here, it should cut to Rick. And what the hell happened to Guy's Money solo?!?!"

The DSoT VHS is the first video I remember watching. I loved it. I watched it on repeat for hours.

In regards to Snowy White I've always been a huge Tim Renwick fan. I don't think he has ever toured with Roger but his playing with PF was fantastic.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2020, 08:04:06 PM »

Haha, you sound like me.  As a professional air guitarist :P, there is a moment in One of These Days that I always air guitar (when Gilmour is playing the lap steel), and not getting that specific shot would be irksome.