Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest [Prize Delivered]  (Read 14375 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2018, 06:26:56 AM »
Boy did we collectively screwed up this round  :lol I sucked badly and all things considered I'm one of those who gained the most! at this point I'm pumped for the end!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »
Damn making the order matter this much makes for very little points. I got 0 points because the second and third are swapped :p
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2018, 08:07:07 AM »
Damn making the order matter this much makes for very little points. I got 0 points because the second and third are swapped :p

Yeah, as I said, I don't think this system works well. :lol But it's too late to change anything now.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »
Whatevs... it was a fun/interesting way to try and keep things interesting, and keep people involved - even if four of them bailed out.  Kudo's to you to try and do something innovative and different Ruslan.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2018, 09:47:30 AM »
Yeah, all is good. I wasn't complaining just observing. And I was one of the few who got some points out of it.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »

Yeah, as I said, I don't think this system works well. :lol But it's too late to change anything now.
nah it's not too late since this is the first round you used this system & if you think it sucks you can change it  :corn
but yeah i feel like it's almost impossible to get points in any of the finals rounds so i'll lose anyways  :metal

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2018, 12:58:26 PM »

nah it's not too late since this is the first round you used this system & if you think it sucks you can change it  :corn

It's basically first round out of three. I think it's too late.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2018, 02:30:24 PM »
fair enough, i look forward to being stuck at 71 points for the rest of this survivor then  :corn

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2018, 03:51:15 AM »
On the other hand, someone who figured it out from the beginning could say "I predicted the top three months ago and I get the same points as someone who adjusts at the end?"... it's Evermind's survivor and he created the rules as he saw fit, I'll just go along with them  :tup
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2018, 12:21:26 PM »
it's Evermind's survivor and he created the rules as he saw fit, I'll just go along with them  :tup

More people need to have this attitude. One of the main things that's holding me back from hosting another tournament here is having to answer questions like "Why are you doing it this way?" I have no answers apart from "This is how I'm doing it". It's frustrating at times.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
You never responded to my changed predictions for the finals. Did you get it? :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
I'm having huge problems with logging in on DTF, to the point I can't log in on some days at all. But yeah, as I wrote you on FB, I've got your predictions.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2018, 11:56:09 AM »
Results for Ayreon Survivor Finals!

Ayreon Survivor Finals Top 5

1. Into the Black Hole
2. Age of Shadows
3. Day Two: Isolation
4. The Day That the World Breaks Down
5. Beneath the Waves

Ayreon Finals Predictions:

(Limegreen means the prediction was placed in the very beginning of competition and is correct. It scores 15 / 12 / 9 / 6 / 3 points for the 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th place. Orange means the prediction was changed before this Survivor started, but it's a correct one. It scores 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 / 2 points. Teal means your predicted song ended up in the Top 5, but in a wrong spot. It scores 1 point. Red means the song you picked didn't make the Top 5. It scores 0 points.)

425: 1. Day Twelve: Trauma / 2. Into the Black Hole / 3. Age of Shadows / 4. Day Two: Isolation / 5. Isis and Osiris
Elite: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. Day Twelve: Trauma / 3. Age of Shadows / 4. The Day That the World Breaks Down / 5. Isis and Osiris
home: 1. Age of Shadows / 2. Day Two: Isolation / 3. Phase II: Entanglement / 4. Day Three: Pain / 5. Into the Black Hole
Kwyjibo: 1. Day Two: Isolation / 2. Isis and Osiris / 3. Dawn of a Million Souls / 4. Day Twelve: Trauma / 5. Into the Black Hole
MirrorMask: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. The Sixth Extinction / 3. Amazing Flight / 4. Isis and Osiris / 5. Day Twenty: Confrontation
Nick: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. And the Druids Turn to Stone / 3. Day Two: Isolation / 4. Day Twenty: Confrontation / 5. The Two Gates
Parama: 1. Day Two: Isolation / 2. The Sixth Extinction / 3. Day Twenty: Confrontation / 4. Age of Shadows / 5. Into the Black Hole
Scorpion: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. Age of Shadows / 3. Isis and Osiris / 4. My House on Mars / 5. Across the Rainbow Bridge
Tomislav95: 1. Day Two: Isolation / 2. Day Twelve: Trauma / 3. Into the Black Hole / 4. Isis and Osiris / 5. Age of Shadows
Train of Naught: 1. Day Twelve: Trauma / 2. Into the Black Hole / 3. Day Two: Isolation / 4. Computer Eyes / 5. Isis and Osiris
twosuitsluke: 1. Day Twelve: Trauma / 2. Day Two: Isolation / 3. Day Three: Pain / 4. Age of Shadows / 5. Chaos

Evermind: 1. Isis and Osiris / 2. Into the Black Hole / 3. The Sixth Extinction / 4. Day Two: Isolation / 5. Age of Shadows
jingle.boy: 1. Day Two: Isolation / 2. Isis and Osiris / 3. Day Twelve: Trauma / 4. Dawn of a Million Souls / 5. Into the Black Hole

The Scoreboard:

1. Scorpion - 101 (inactive)
2. MirrorMask - 85
3. 425 - 82 (inactive)
4. Train of Naught - 79
5. Parama - 74
6. Elite - 72
7. Kwyjibo - 68
8. Nick - 58 (inactive)
9. twosuitsluke - 57 (inactive)
10. home - 55
11. Tomislav95 - 50

Evermind - 105
jingle.boy - 59

Some huge changes in the scoreboard due to some well-placed predictions in the beginning, well-changed predictions before this round started, and also due to the imperfections in the counting system—but hey, it's fun to see how it turns out. Scorpion, even though he's missing from DTF, managed to guess both the Top 2 songs right, and it still in the lead, even though he's inactive. MirrorMask gets the first place among the active players, managing to correctly guess Into the Black Hole being the winner in Ayreon Survivor... even before the whole thing started. Now that's impressive.

Train also manages to climb higher, leaving Parama behind; and Elite is suddenly at the sixth place due to well-timed change of his predictions: he managed to guess both 1st and 4th places correctly, earning some points and closing the gap between him and the participants at the top of the scoreboard.

In an unexpected turn of events, Nick, who I think was inactive even since he sent me these predictions and voted a few times in TFE / AF Survivors, manages to guess a few songs correctly and gets 24 points for his efforts, actually rising to the 8th place. Meanwhile, whoever didn't manage to guess the correct order of the songs suffer the drop in the scoreboard.

However, there are still the Grand Finals to consider.

Officially inactive people are now: 425, Scorpion, twosuitsluke, Nick.

I'll put up a post for predictions changing for the last leg of this Survivor, the Grand Finals, tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:06:49 PM by Evermind »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2018, 12:02:49 PM »
I placed faith in the awesomeness of Into the Black Hole and Bruce Dickinson combined and I was right  :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2018, 12:08:12 PM »
My points are right but you marked 4 and 5 as green instead of teal on my results :P

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2018, 12:10:29 PM »
My points are right but you marked 4 and 5 as green instead of teal on my results :P

Fixed it right before you posted this. :P

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2018, 10:36:14 AM »
Alright, bear with me for one small last step in this Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Survivor. Here we go with your current predictions for Grand Finals League.

These are the songs that are participating, sixteen total. There will be fifteen rounds where every songs will face each other in a matchup (think DT and Haken League). After these fifteen rounds, the song with most victories is the winner.

Into the Black Hole
Age of Shadows
Day Two: Isolation
The Day That the World Breaks Down
Beneath the Waves
Dawn of a Million Souls
Isis and Osiris
The Sixth Extinction
Day Twelve: Trauma
Liquid Eternity
Day Twenty: Confrontation
Day Three: Pain
The Eye of Ra
Season of Denial
24 Hours
Perfection?

For the purposes of the predictions, Top 5 is what matters here.

The rules are the same as they were for Ayreon Finals, so this is basically copy-paste from my earlier post:

Before I begin explaining this one, three big things:

1. The order of your predictions matters here.
2. You can change your predictions without losing points, as long as you don't change the songs that you think you've got right from the beginning.
3. If you predicted that the song will get to Top 5, but guessed the wrong spot for it, you still get 1 point.

For the songs you decide not to tamper with (as in, not change either their placement or replace them entirely), if you predicted them correctly, you get 15/12/9/6/3 (correct prediction for the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th place). For the songs you tampered with in any way (swapped their places in your prediction, for example), you get two thirds of the points—10/8/6/4/2. However, it should be noted, that this doesn't affect your whole prediction (unlike in Consolations)—if you change one song and leave the other intact, you can still get full points for the ones you didn't change. So it's possible to receive, say, 15/8/9/4/3 or 10/12/6/6/2.

Since this competition is mostly for fun, I'm going to reveal all of your initial predictions for this round—you also won't need to go look for your own predictions.

The songs that aren't in the competition are colored gray.

425:

1. Day Twelve: Trauma
2. Into the Black Hole
3. Age of Shadows
4. Day Two: Isolation
5. Intergalactic Space Crusaders

Elite:

1. Amazing Flight
2. Starchild
3. And the Druids Turn to Stone
4. Lost in the New Real

5. The Sixth Extinction

home:

1. Age of Shadows
2. Day Sixteen: Loser
3. Heart of Amsterdam
4. Earth That Was
5. Computer Eyes

Kwyjibo:

1. Day Two: Isolation
2. Isis and Osiris
3. Dawn of a Million Souls
4. Green and Cream
5. The Eye of Ra

MirrorMask:

1. Into the Black Hole
2. The Sixth Extinction
3. Amazing Flight
4. Starchild
5. The Fifth Extinction

Nick:

1. Into the Black Hole
2. Human See, Human Do
4. Day Twenty: Confrontation
5. Shores of India

Parama:

2. Perfection?
3. The Sixth Extinction
4. Day Twenty: Confrontation
5. Age of Shadows

Scorpion:

1. Into the Black Hole
2. Human See, Human Do
3. Age of Shadows
4. Isis and Osiris
5. My House on Mars

Tomislav:

2. And the Druids Turn to Stone
3. Into the Black Hole
4. Isis and Osiris
5. Phase IV: Unification

Train of Naught:

1. Into the Black Hole
2. Phase I: Singularity
3. Computer Eyes

5. 24 Hours

twosuitsluke:

1. Day Twelve: Trauma
2. Day Two: Isolation
3. Day Three: Pain
4. Age of Shadows
5. Chaos

Evermind:

1. The Sixth Extinction
2. Into the Black Hole
3. Day Sixteen: Loser
4. Age of Shadows
5. Phase I: Singularity

jingle.boy:

2. Isis and Osiris
3. Day Twelve: Trauma
4. Dawn of a Million Souls
5. The Storm

This is our last competition! I know this should've ended already, but I had some difficulties running this Survivor for the last few months, so we're still in it, but this is finally it, last 15 rounds and we'll know both the winning song and the winner of the contest. You can change your songs as you changed them for Ayreon Finals: you'll get full points for the songs you didn't touch and you'll get updated points for the songs you've changed or tampered with.

While there are only four songs from Arjen Lucassen Survivor, they may make an impact—but more importantly, the League format will make an impact. This last leg isn't a Survivor, it's a League, and so you should change or leave your predictions as they are with this fact in consideration. I feel the results may be a lot different from what we've got in, say, Ayreon Survivor.

I'll send a round of PMs reminding you to change your predictions if you so desire. You have slightly less than a week to change them, the sooner the better. The deadline is May 3rd.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »
technically every song i picked is eligible but at the same time based on the results of the previous survivors if i left my results as-is i'd get less than favorable results  :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2018, 10:56:49 AM »
Jesus Christ my predictions are absolutely terrible
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2018, 11:54:00 AM »
I'm not sure I think that any of the non-Ayreon songs will end up in the Top 3.  Eye of Ra might make the Top 5, but didn't most people shit on the fact that Perfection? won the Guilt Machine survivor?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2018, 01:07:24 PM »
Well, gotta think about it, especially now that I know that The Sixth Extinction is not that loved  :D

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2018, 05:29:56 AM »
New Top 5:

Into the Black Hole
Age of Shadows
Day Two: Isolation
The Day That the World Breaks Down
Eye of Ra

No offense Ruslan, but I'm not sure why we're going thru this just to see where the four non-Ayreon songs will fit in.  This has been going on for 16 months already ...

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2018, 06:05:56 AM »
Well, that was his masterplan and I'd like to see it through rather than abandon it because he had issues logging in to the forum.... we've come this far, let's take the final step

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2018, 07:16:13 AM »
Chad, I actually think the results will be pretty different with the League format.

I know this whole thing took a lot of time, and I apologize for that, but I'd like to see how this will play out.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2018, 07:31:59 AM »
Yes, it's been a very long time but I'm curious how this will turn out in the end, so please keep going.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2018, 11:47:59 AM »
New predictions:

1. Age of Shadows
2. Into the Black Hole
3 Eye of Ra
5. Season of Denial
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »
tempted to just roll with my predictions because i'm too lazy/too indifferent to redo them & i have all five songs eligible anyways

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2018, 01:16:02 AM »
I'm definitely changing my predictions, but I'll have to think about what to change up exactly.
Squ

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2018, 03:44:07 AM »
I would put Age Of Shadows in 4th place and leave the rest as it is.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2018, 02:24:54 AM »
Alright, got everyone except Tomislav. Starting either later today or probably tomorrow.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2018, 11:20:21 AM »
And here are the Results for Grand Finals League with the Final Standings on our scoreboard!

Grand Finals League Top 5

1. Into the Black Hole
2. Age of Shadows
4. The Day That the World Breaks Down
5. Perfection?

Ayreon Finals Predictions:

(Limegreen means the prediction was placed in the very beginning of competition and is correct. It scores 15 / 12 / 9 / 6 / 3 points for the 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th place. Orange means the prediction was changed before this Survivor started, but it's a correct one. It scores 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 / 2 points. Teal means your predicted song ended up in the Top 5, but in a wrong spot. It scores 1 point. Red means the song you picked didn't make the Top 5. It scores 0 points.)

425: 1. Day Twelve: Trauma / 2. Into the Black Hole / 3. Age of Shadows / 4. Day Two: Isolation / 5. Intergalactic Space Crusaders
Elite: 1. Age of Shadows / 2. Into the Black Hole / 3. Day Two: Isolation / 4. Perfection? / 5. The Sixth Extinction
home: 1. Age of Shadows / 2. Into the Black Hole / 3. The Eye of Ra / 4. Day Two: Isolation / 5. Season of Denial
Kwyjibo: 1. Day Two: Isolation / 2. Isis and Osiris / 3. Dawn of a Million Souls / 4. Age of Shadows / 5. The Eye of Ra
MirrorMask: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. Age of Shadows / 3. Dawn of a Million Souls / 4. Day Two: Isolation / 5. The Day That the World Breaks Down
Nick: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. Human See, Human Do / 3. Day Two: Isolation / 4. Day Twenty: Confrontation / 5. Shores of India
Parama: 1. Day Two: Isolation / 2. Perfection? / 3. The Sixth Extinction / 4. Day Twenty: Confrontation / 5. Age of Shadows
Scorpion: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. Human See, Human Do / 3. Age of Shadows / 4. Isis and Osiris / 5. My House on Mars
Tomislav95: 1. Day Two: Isolation / 2. And the Druids Turn to Stone / 3. Into the Black Hole / 4. Isis and Osiris / 5. Phase IV: Unification
Train of Naught: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. Age of Shadows / 3. The Day That the World Breaks Down / 4. Day Two: Isolation / 5. 24 Hours
twosuitsluke: 1. Day Twelve: Trauma / 2. Day Two: Isolation / 3. Day Three: Pain / 4. Age of Shadows / 5. Chaos

Evermind: 1. The Sixth Extinction / 2. Into the Black Hole / 3. Day Two: Isolation / 4. Age of Shadows / 5. The Day That the World Breaks Down
jingle.boy: 1. Into the Black Hole / 2. Age of Shadows / 3. Day Two: Isolation / 4. The Day That the World Breaks Down / 5. The Eye of Ra

The Scoreboard:

Scorpion - 117 (inactive)
1. MirrorMask - 110
2. Train of Naught - 104
425 - 85 (inactive)
Nick - 82 (inactive)
3. Elite - 81
4. Parama - 77
5. Kwyjibo - 70
twosuitsluke - 59 (inactive)
6. home - 58
7. Tomislav95 - 52

Evermind - 114
jingle.boy - 87

And in this last round with almost exact same predictions, MirrorMask and Train stay in the Top 2 (not counting the inactive Scorpion - what happened with him?) with six-points difference. Next up is Elite (again, disregarding two inactive participants), who managed to get ahead of Parama in the last round.

MirrorMask, congratulations on your victory! I'll PM you tomorrow regarding the prize.

Once again, I want to thank everyone who participated in this. I'm really sorry this took so long, that was my fault and probably was a reason that some interest in this has dropped off, but at least we managed to finish it together with you guys. So thank you everyone for this incredible ride! That was a terrific experience for me still.

I guess I'm going to take a break from running survivors now, but I'll be checking this subforum and participating when I can.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »
Whoohooooo!!!! I did it!!! I won!!!  :metal I was just happy with having a good tournament and end up in the bottom half, I never thought until the penultimate run that I could actually win this thing!

Thank you for running this, you are a pro of survivors for the attention to every detail you put in this! And congratulations to Train of Naught, Elite and Parama for not letting me sleep tranquil until this last phase of the survivor  ;D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »
I'm the real winner by not even bothering to update my predictions for any of the finals rounds and getting almost no points  :metal

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2018, 12:56:00 AM »
Congrats to the winner :clap:

And a lot of thanks to Evermind for running this.  :tup It was long but it was fun.  :metal It got to almost a daily routine to check the survivor thread and vote for Ayreon, what am I going to do now with my free time?

I'm the real winner by not even bothering to update my predictions for any of the finals rounds and getting almost no points  :metal

I'm the real winner because I voted regularly for the best songs. It's not my fault that you all have no taste.  :biggrin:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2018, 02:05:48 AM »
It got to almost a daily routine to check the survivor thread and vote for Ayreon, what am I going to do now with my free time?

Yeah, that's kinda leaving a void, isn't it  :D

This was Evermind's World Slavery Tour as far as survivors are concerned, no wonder he's gonna take a little break from it now. A well deserved rest!