Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest  (Read 3498 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2018, 06:26:56 AM »
Boy did we collectively screwed up this round  :lol I sucked badly and all things considered I'm one of those who gained the most! at this point I'm pumped for the end!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »
Damn making the order matter this much makes for very little points. I got 0 points because the second and third are swapped :p
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2018, 08:07:07 AM »
Damn making the order matter this much makes for very little points. I got 0 points because the second and third are swapped :p

Yeah, as I said, I don't think this system works well. :lol But it's too late to change anything now.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »
Whatevs... it was a fun/interesting way to try and keep things interesting, and keep people involved - even if four of them bailed out.  Kudo's to you to try and do something innovative and different Ruslan.
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2018, 09:47:30 AM »
Yeah, all is good. I wasn't complaining just observing. And I was one of the few who got some points out of it.

Offline Parama

• The Apologist Apologist
  • The Hirsch Effekt Addict
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »

Yeah, as I said, I don't think this system works well. :lol But it's too late to change anything now.
nah it's not too late since this is the first round you used this system & if you think it sucks you can change it  :corn
but yeah i feel like it's almost impossible to get points in any of the finals rounds so i'll lose anyways  :metal

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2018, 12:58:26 PM »

nah it's not too late since this is the first round you used this system & if you think it sucks you can change it  :corn

It's basically first round out of three. I think it's too late.

Offline Parama

• The Apologist Apologist
  • The Hirsch Effekt Addict
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2018, 02:30:24 PM »
fair enough, i look forward to being stuck at 71 points for the rest of this survivor then  :corn

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2018, 03:51:15 AM »
On the other hand, someone who figured it out from the beginning could say "I predicted the top three months ago and I get the same points as someone who adjusts at the end?"... it's Evermind's survivor and he created the rules as he saw fit, I'll just go along with them  :tup
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2018, 12:21:26 PM »
it's Evermind's survivor and he created the rules as he saw fit, I'll just go along with them  :tup

More people need to have this attitude. One of the main things that's holding me back from hosting another tournament here is having to answer questions like "Why are you doing it this way?" I have no answers apart from "This is how I'm doing it". It's frustrating at times.
THE WILSON CUP, a Steven Wilson tournament
NOW RUNNING AT POLLS & SURVIVORS
CURRENT STAGE: Groups A & B, Round 1
 Results/Discussion thread

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
You never responded to my changed predictions for the finals. Did you get it? :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
I'm having huge problems with logging in on DTF, to the point I can't log in on some days at all. But yeah, as I wrote you on FB, I've got your predictions.