Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest [Prize Delivered]  (Read 14339 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Welcome to the Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor Prediction Contest, everyone! Before you (maybe) go ahead and read this lengthy wall of text, please take a few seconds to read a note from me as the contest host. The note is posted right in the next paragraph.

Note from the organizer (me): before I begin with all the contest rules, eligibility rules, prizes and other sections, let me just address one thing. As an organizer, I’d like to encourage everyone to vote in all the polls to come as if this Contest doesn’t exist. Since this Contest offers real prizes to the winner, I guess some of you guys may consider the idea of the voting beneficial to your predictions. I have no means to prevent that, as it is your own vote and you’re free to do with it as you please, but if you’d like to play it fair, just make your votes based on your usual Survivors strategy, without taking anyone’s predictions into consideration. I don’t want this Survivor to be built around this Contest; but I’d like to have something different and exciting running along the Survivor, which would encourage more people to participate, have fun, and maybe discover more Arjen-related albums.

To learn what this whole thread is about, just keep reading section by section.

Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor — Prediction Contest

General Rules

• This Contest was discussed with and approved by Nick, the biggest Arjen fan on DTF, and also an established member of mod-team.
  • The main goal of this Contest is to draw more attention to this Survivor and to Arjen’s music, make the active participation in it more meaningful, and add the additional layer of fun and friendly competition between the participants.
  • As an organizer, I do not seek any profit from this. Well, just in case that wasn’t clear.
  • The goal of the participants is to score points by making right predictions for every Album Survivor, Consolations, Finals and Grand Finals. The predictions and the scoring system both have their own sections below in this thread.
  • The participant eligible for the main prize with most points in the end of the competition wins the main prize. The main prize has its own section below in this thread.
  • While you’re free you use your vote as you wish (remember the note in the beginning?), I’d like to stress that rigging the polls is prohibited—and I’d also like to mention that I hope it won’t come to that. Everyone is encouraged to post their votes in the actual thread; if there will be a strong suspicion from the participants that the polls are being rigged (like, the fan-favourite songs on the album going out first in a spectacular one-sided way, or something else), the poll will be restarted and the votes will be counted manually through the posts in the thread.
  • This contest will start only if we have five eligible participants or more.

Eligibility

• To participate in the Contest, you have to fit all the eligibility criteria in the following list:
    - Only the players whose post-count is 500 or higher are allowed to compete for the main prize.
    - Only the players whose accounts are at least 6 months old are allowed to compete for the main prize.
    - You have to actively participate in at least three Album Survivor threads to be eligible to compete for the main prize. In this case, active participation means posting at least in more than 50% of the related Survivor threads.
  • Even if you aren’t eligible to compete for the main prize, you can still send me your predictions. You will appear on the scoreboard, and you will be able to track how well you’re doing. In case the non-eligible person wins the Contest, the prize will go to the highest-scoring eligible person.
  • I don’t mean to sound like a dick, but there are people on this board I don’t want to have any deals with, so I reserve the right to decline any person to participate in the Contest without further explanation. I can invoke this right only before the first Album Survivor (The Final Experiment) begins.

Predictions

• The participants will be asked to predict the following Survivor results:
    - For each album Survivor: you have to predict the Top 3 songs in order
    - For Consolations: you have to predict the songs that will make it out to the Finals in no particular order
    - For Finals: you have to predict Top 5 songs for Ayreon Survivor Finals and Top 3 songs for Arjen Lucassen Survivor Finals, all in order
    - For Grand Finals: you have to predict Top 5 songs in order
    For you convenience, there is a survey in the next post you can fill.
  • The participants should send their predictions in secret to the organizer (me) via PM on DTF, Facebook (if we’re friends there), Skype or e-mail.
  • The participants should send the predictions for all the Album Survivors, Consolations, Finals and Grand Finals except for the upcoming Ayreon album #9. If you don’t make the prediction for any Album Survivor, Consolations, Finals or Grand Finals, you’re still eligible to win the main prize, but you (obviously) won’t get any points for the Survivor which you didn’t predict.
  • The predictions for Consolations, Finals and Grand Finals can be changed right before the related Survivor begins; however, if you decide to change them, you will receive fewer points for each of your right predictions (more on that in Scoring Points section).
  • The predictions for Album Survivors usually can’t be changed. However, you can change your predictions for one Album Survivor of your choice without any point loss. You can use this either to change your existing prediction, or to fill the blank prediction you sent me before. You have to do it before the related Album Survivor begins.
  • The predictions for Ayreon album #9 will be gathered before the beginning of its Survivor.
  • The predicted songs for each Survivor won’t be revealed until the Survivor finishes, partly to keep suspense, and partly to discourage the players to vote against someone’s predicted songs.
  • The deadline for sending the predictions is January 25th, 6 P.M. GMT.

Advice: don’t leave any of the predictions blank. At least look at Wikipedia or the Results post and pick the tracks, even if you don’t know them at all. First of all, it’s fun! Second, even with this kind of blind-guessing, your prediction may end up being correct!

Scoring Points

• Points are scored for every correct (or, in some cases, almost correct) prediction.
  • All Album Survivors yield points as follows:
    - 5 points for predicting the correct album winner (#1)
    - 3 points for predicting the correct album runner-up (#2)
    - 2 points for predicting the correct album third place song (#3)
    - 1 point for predicting the correct song in the Top 3, but in the wrong spot
    Example: my prediction for The Human Equation is: 1. Mystery / 2. Vigil / 3. Sign; and the result is 1. Mystery / 2. Sign / 3. Pride. I get 6 points total: 5 points for correct prediction for Mystery, and 1 point for predicting Sign in the Top 3, even though I didn’t get its place quite right.
  • Ayreon and Arjen Lucassen Consolations yield points as follows:
    - 10 points for predicting each song promoted to Finals if your prediction is unchanged from the beginning of the Contest
    - 3 points for predicting each song promoted to Finals if your prediction was changed in any way
    Note: if you change your prediction in any way, even if you swap one song and leave the other two, you will get only 3 points for each of them.
  • Ayreon Finals yield points as follows:
    - 15 / 12 / 9 / 6 / 3 points for correctly predicting #1 / #2 / #3 / #4 / #5 songs respectively, in case your prediction is unchanged from the beginning of the Contest
    - 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 / 2 points for correctly predicting #1 / #2 / #3 / #4 / #5 songs respectively, in case your prediction for the particular songs was changed from the beginning of the Contest
    - 1 point for predicting the correct song in the Top 5, but in the wrong spot
    Example: Let’s say I predicted 1. Connect the Dots / 2. Computer-Reign / 3. Vigil / 4. 2084 / 5. Chaos. When the Finals rolled in, I realized that Computer-Reign and Connect the Dots are both eliminated, so I changed my prediction to 1. Web of Lies / 2. Waracle / 3. Vigil / 4. 2084 / 5. Chaos. The actual result ended up to be 1. Web of Lies / 2. Magic Ride / 3. Waracle / 4. 2084 / 5. Chaos. That means I get 10 points for Web of Lies at #1 (changed prediction), 0 points for #2, 1 points for #3 (wrong spot), 6 points for #4 (unchanged prediction) and 3 points for #5 (unchanged prediction), making it 20 points total.
  • Arjen Lucassen Finals yield points as follows:
    - 12 / 8 / 4 points for correctly predicting #1 / #2 / #3 songs respectively, in case your prediction is unchanged from the beginning of the Contest
    - 6 / 4 / 2 songs respectively, in case your prediction for the particular songs was changed from the beginning of the Contest
    Example: see the one for Ayreon Finals.
  • Grand Finals League yields points the same way Ayreon Finals do.
  • If you get every single prediction correct, you will get 140 (Album Survivors) + 30 (Ayreon Consolations) + 20 (Arjen Consolations) + 45 (Ayreon Finals) + 24 (Arjen Finals) + 45 (Grand Finals League) = 322 points total.

The Prize

• The winner (the eligible participant with most points scored) gets the full prize described in this section.
  • The winner can choose to pay the shipping costs himself or leave it to the organizer (me). Paying shipping costs is non-obligatory, but it’ll help me to lower the cost of this whole contest. The prize will be shipped from Russia in maximum two months after the winner is determined, probably earlier.
  • The prize includes:
    - The Theater Equation Deluxe Edition Artbook (2CD, 2DVD, Blu-ray), unpacked from the plastic wrap but otherwise not used;

- The Theater Equation Deluxe Show Program (was available only at the show and in the pre-order bundles before the show) with information about every performer and their roles in the show;

- Avantasia A2 Ghostlights poster (folded, that’s how it was in the Deluxe Ghostlights boxset);

- The bonus Avantasia 10” Vinyl (Side A: Mystery of a Blood Red Rose / Side B: Draconian Love);

- The Russian-pressed CDs for the cost of ~$60 (the cost may change due to the future economical situation in Russia), winner chooses the CDs;
    - Whatever exclusive merchandise I will be able to grab at Ayreon Universe show in September in Tilburg, Netherlands;
    - Some surprise prizes from me (including some obligatory Russian souvenirs) I won’t mention here to keep the suspense;
    - More prizes will possibly join the list depending on the answers I get to a few messages I sent around;
    - Cat pillows aren’t part of the prize.
  • In order for me to deliver the prize, the winner will have to send me his/her full shipping address.

I will sign you guys up (if anyone is even interested in that kind of thing) after you get your prediction to me. I will answer any questions you have either here in the thread, via PM, Facebook, Skype, E-mail or if you can catch me in that DTF plug-dj room (I'm there right now).

I know I probably left some points unclear or totally screwed up somewhere, so let's hear your feedback / questions / whatever.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:47:43 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Prediction Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »
(in case you haven't read the previous post, if you want to participate and are eligible, fill out this survey and send it to me either via PM, Facebook, Skype or E-mail)

The Predictions Survey

1. Write down your predictions for The Final Experiment Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

2. Write down your predictions for Actual Fantasy Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

3. Write down your predictions for Into the Electric Castle Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

4. Write down your predictions for The Dream Sequencer Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

5. Write down your predictions for Flight of the Migrator Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

6. Write down your predictions for The Human Equation Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

7. Write down your predictions for 01011001 Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

8. Write down your predictions for The Theory of Everything Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

9. Write down your predictions for Star One - Space Metal Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

10. Write down your predictions for Guilt Machine - On this Perfect Day Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

11. Write down your predictions for Star One - Victims of the Modern Age Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

12. Write down your predictions for Arjen Lucassen - Lost in the New Real Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

13. Write down your predictions for The Gentle Storm - The Diary Top 3 in order (maximum 10 points):

14. Write down your predictions for Ayreon Survivor Consolations songs that will be promoted to Finals (no particular order) (maximum 30 points):

15. Write down your predictions for Arjen Lucassen Survivor Consolations songs that will be promoted to Finals (no particular order) (maximum 20 points):

16. Write down your predictions for Ayreon Survivor Finals Top 5 in order (maximum 45 points):

17. Write down your predictions for Arjen Lucassen Survivor Finals Top 3 in order (maximum 24 points):

18. Write down your predictions for Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Grand Finals League Top 5 in order (maximum 45 points):

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:22:41 PM by Evermind »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
The Scoreboard

1. 425 - 79 (inactive)
2. Scorpion - 74 (inactive)
3. Parama - 71
4. MirrorMask - 70
5. Train of Naught - 69
6. Kwyjibo - 66
7. Elite - 57
8. twosuitsluke - 55 (inactive)
9. home - 52
10. Tomislav95 - 47
11. Nick - 34 (inactive)

Evermind - 102
jingle.boy - 57
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:39:47 AM by Evermind »

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:22:07 PM »
    I will start thinking of my predictions and send it in next week, this'll be fun!

• I don’t mean to sound like a dick, but there are people on this board I don’t want to have any deals with, so I reserve the right to decline any person to participate in the Contest without further explanation. I can invoke this right only before the first Album Survivor (The Final Experiment) begins.
Thank you for this :lol though they can still screw with the poll by voting, but I'm glad this rule exists all the same.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »
Sounds like fun, I will give it a try!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 01:54:05 PM »
Thank you for this :lol though they can still screw with the poll by voting, but I'm glad this rule exists all the same.

I kind of wonder which people he means by this :lol
(or is it me? : :sadpanda:)

I could probably enter, but I don't really know every album as well as some members and there's some albums I have never properly heard. I have never heard Guilt Machine and only heard Actual Fantasy and both Star One albums about once.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
I'm going to participate, yay! I haven't yet heard everything from Arjen, but that which I have heard, I like a lot, and by the time we get to the later albums, I'll have heard them as well.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 05:19:27 PM »
Ok, I'll give this a go. I know all but the first two Ayreon albums pretty well and also both the Star One albums.

The rest will be a bit of a stab in the dark but the prize is worth giving it a go. How long have I got to get my predictions in?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
Luke, the deadline for predictions is January 25th, 6 P.M. GMT, basically almost two weeks from the moment I aired the first post.

By the way, in case it wasn't clear in the first post (because I've reread it, and it really wasn't), you have to send me all the predictions (all 18 survey questions) before the deadline, not only the first two albums. You will be able to change Consolations, Finals and Grand Finals predictions later (with the risk of losing potential points), and you also will be able to change your prediction for one album without any point loss.

Other than that, all your predictions are locked in when the first Survivor begins.

I will be in DTF plug-dj room for the next three hours to answer any questions you guys have about this contest.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:58:12 AM by Evermind »

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 09:58:37 AM »
Ok, that's cool. That gives me plenty of time to at least try and give a listen to the albums I've not heard. I'll probably just wing it and not over think my predictions as I'm only a casual fan anyway.

I know, in general, that what I consider a bands best songs aren't usually the same as the majority. I should probably not predict based on my personal rankings. I'll try and get them to you within the next week.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 10:08:23 AM »
I imagine everyone will be way off with their predictions. I'm participating too (just for fun), and I'm pretty sure I'll end up being wrong with most of the albums. :lol

Of course, that's what makes this contest so fun.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »
Ok cool.

The prize is worth entering for and I'd love to win. I'm just going to go with my gut and not look at old Ayreon survivors etc to try and get the edge.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 12:01:23 PM »
:tup

Another thing that just came up in plug-dj room, I guess that's a bit unclear too and I want to clarify it:

You guys can send me only the predictions for the albums you know, leaving the other albums blank. But you won't be able to edit it after January 25th (except for one Album Survivor of your choice, Consolations, Finals and Grand Finals). If you have blank predictions for some albums, that means you will get 0 points for them. But you still can participate even if some of your predictions are blank, that just a disadvantage for you.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 12:22:14 PM »
So no more wild guessing for the albums someone doesn't know?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »
So no more wild guessing for the albums someone doesn't know?

No, look, if you don't know some albums and you won't be able to get familiar with them until January 25th, you can go ahead and wild guess them. Like, take a look at Wikipedia and predict something based on track lengths or track titles, that's alright. But if you don't want people to make fun at you for predicting the worst song possible on a wild guess, you may just leave those albums blank.

The thing is, I wanted to allow people do predictions from album to album as the Survivor goes along, but I think the discussion in the Survivor threads will inevitably give hints at which songs from upcoming albums people prefer. That would spoil a lot, so all the predictions have to be done until January 25th.

Did that clear things up or just made it more complicated?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 12:40:03 PM »
Nah, it's fine, thanks  :tup

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 07:13:50 AM »
Ok, I'm gonna attempt to start listening/ranking. I'm not gonna overthink it and I'm going to go with my gut. Think I'll be lucky to finish middle of the table  :lol

Some of these rankings will be based on one listen so here goes nothing.

With the consolations, am I right in thinking it will be the top 3 (Ayreon) and 2 (all other albums) ranked songs that ranked 3rd in the original poll? There will be a separate poll after all the albums have been ranked to do the consolations? I don't participate in a great deal of Survivors  :blush

Pretty sure I have it down but I'll PM you if I have any other questions (which undoubtedly will).

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 07:47:44 AM »
With the consolations, am I right in thinking it will be the top 3 (Ayreon) and 2 (all other albums) ranked songs that ranked 3rd in the original poll? There will be a separate poll after all the albums have been ranked to do the consolations? I don't participate in a great deal of Survivors  :blush

Not sure I completely understood the question, but look, here's the image with how songs will be promoted from each album:

(note that the amount of songs promoted to Finals and Consolations is different for each album)

Which means, for The Final Experiment, the Top 3 from the album will go straight to the Finals, and then the song at the 4th place will join the Consolations. For the Actual Fantasy, the Top 2 from the album will go to the Finals, and the song at the 3rd place will join the Consolations; and so on. You can also see total songs in Consolations and Finals for both Ayreon and other Arjen albums in this image.

For the Consolations prediction, yes, you have to pick the Top 3 for Ayreon Consolations and Top 2 for Arjen (other albums) Consolations. You will be able to change your prediction right before the Consolations begin (because, frankly, it's pretty difficult to predict this result right now—which makes it kind of fun), but you will lose potential points—the prediction unchanged from the very beginning will yield 10 points for each song guessed correctly, and the prediction adjusted before Consolations begin will yield only 3 points.

I'm also doing my predictions right now! I'll probably finish them tomorrow, I only need to re-listen to Arjen's solo album. By the way, the rest of you guys might want to start doing them too, there's only a week left until the deadline!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 08:26:50 AM »
I'm starting my Ayreon marathon right now, and doing final predictions based on that. If there's interest we could play an album or two in the plug tomorrow. I'd be down.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
Is The Theory of Everything 42 tracks, or 4 tracks?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »
I'm starting my Ayreon marathon right now, and doing final predictions based on that. If there's interest we could play an album or two in the plug tomorrow. I'd be down.

Sounds good to me, I'll be in DTF plug.dj room when I'm back from work tomorrow.

Is The Theory of Everything 42 tracks, or 4 tracks?

4 tracks. You can view all the participating tracks in this post:

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49314.msg2261750#msg2261750

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
Yea I've made a start ranking, if I haven't ranked all by the cut off I'll take some real stabs in the dark.

Don't worry Evermind, I'm not 100% sure I understood my own question, either way, you answered it  :tup

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »

I'm finalizing my predictions now, and I'm also at the DTF plug.dj room for the whole evening, as promised. Everyone, feel free to join in whether it's for Ayreon or other good music.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »
My prediction is done, I even wrote it on the official paper from work so you guys would know it's legit. :biggrin: I guess Ayreon fans will be able to figure out some of my predictions, but my advice is to just go ahead and do yours without trying to figure out mine. After all, I'm probably wrong with most of them. :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 11:06:40 AM »
In the last round of promotion for this, I've sent the PMs to the well-known DTF Arjen fans who are active on the board these days (I might have missed people, didn't mean to offend anyone), and now I'm just going to sit here and wait for your predictions to hit my mailbox or PM inbox or wherever you can reach me. You guys have 72 hours to send the predictions in.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:26:19 AM by Evermind »

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 11:40:48 AM »
I'm realizing they will be difficult. I've heard in these latest days the album I had put aside for a lot of time, but aside from having a hard time to have a clear favorite for me, I haven't the slightest clue about what the general consensus on the early album is. Survivors and blind predictions for this are gonna be fun  :D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »
I'm realizing they will be difficult. I've heard in these latest days the album I had put aside for a lot of time, but aside from having a hard time to have a clear favorite for me, I haven't the slightest clue about what the general consensus on the early album is. Survivors and blind predictions for this are gonna be fun  :D

I'm pretty sure everyone is like that. DTF Survivors aren't really predictable, which makes this contest even more fun, at least in theory.

Meanwhile, the deadline is two days away and I've got four predictions right now. I said if I get at least five predictions from different players, this thing is officially happening, so we're very close to this point. :tup

You can see the participants on the scoreboard in the third post of this thread. The people who are potentially eligible have the number before their nickname, the ones who aren't (me) are in the end of the list.

Edit: and with Scorpion sending me his prediction right now, this contest is officially happening! There are still two days to sign up, but now we're definitely doing it until the end, and we will determine our winner who will get the prize described in the OP. I'm excited.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:21:51 PM by Evermind »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 12:38:56 PM »
I need to relisten to a few albums and listen to space metal but my predictions are mostly set

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »
Okay I just sent you my predictions :corn this will be fun. The Banishment for the win

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 03:01:43 PM »
Okay I just sent you my predictions :corn this will be fun. The Banishment for the win
I actually love The Banishment :D
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 03:06:37 PM »
Ok, I just have the three Arjen albums, that I've not heard, left to rank then I'll send my predictions. I might possibly get it in tonight before I hit the sack.

I find this difficult because I'll be honest, I find a lot of his music to be incredibly samey. That being said, I'm looking forward to this  :corn

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »
Ok all sent. I'm all up in this mutha  :tup

Gut instincts, don't let me down now  :corn

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 12:24:26 AM »
Alrighty, this is gonna be fun because I've virtually no idea what songs people will vote for for the different records. For some it seems easy but for some I haven't got a clue and I think most of my predicitons are way off.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 01:22:50 AM »
Yea dude, I'm the same. I just voted for my favourites but I've probably got no chance because my favourites never usually match up with what the average fan likes, for any band!!!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 10:01:58 AM »
There are still 26 hours until the deadline, we have eight participants (not counting me) so far, which is pretty nice! I still hope we can get 10, but if we won't, well, that's it.

Luke, I'm not sure about some of your predictions, so I sent you a PM you might want to check out. Nick (if you're reading this), I'm still waiting on your edited Finals predictions if you'd like to edit them.

Everyone else who's up there on the scoreboard is good to go.