Author Topic: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Results and Discussion  (Read 2919 times)

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Results and Discussion
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »

Fellow DTF Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen fans, hello and welcome to the Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor!

Arjen’s music is quite popular here on DTF, mostly due to the amount of progressive rock and metal fans frequenting this board—oh, and because it’s also pretty much awesome. I’m not going to describe Arjen’s past or his extensive discography—I’m currently running a thread where I provide some info about Arjen’s albums (we’re currently at Stream of Passion — Embrace the Storm), so if you want some background about Arjen’s music, you’re welcome to check out Arjen Lucassen Discography Thread.

For people unfamiliar with Survivor concept, I’ll give a brief explanation right now. The goal of Survivor competition can be seen differently: some people think that the goal is to eliminate their least favourite song each round, until—by the popular opinion—best song remains standing alone, victorious. On the other hand, some people tend to have more strategically inclined view on that matter, and may do anything allowed by the rules to keep their favourite song in the competition—even sacrificing any other songs in order to help their favourite song survive. As far as I’m concerned, neither approach is right or wrong. Ultimately, after all the countless polls and heated discussions, one song remains alive, and this song is the winner of the whole competition. Thus, other than the voting strategy (which you will have to decide on yourself), the other points are fairly simple and are going to be addressed in the upcoming Rules section.

Another thing I wanted to address before we go straight to the Rules section is that I wanted this Survivor to feature both Ayreon albums and other Arjen records from the side projects like Star One or Guilt Machine. However, as the Roll Call poll showed, the interest in Ayreon albums is way bigger; I expected this from the beginning and therefore the Rules section and the whole schedule is tailored to fit this interest. That doesn’t mean I’m neglecting any Arjen’s side projects (even though we’re indeed skipping two of them), I’m trying to do this so mostly everyone could have fun participating. I also wanted to make the actual Album Survivors more meaningful and more cutthroat, and tried to avoid the situations where about a third of the album ends up in either Finals or Consolations. Therefore I tried to reduce the amount of songs progressing into the next stages of competition until I finally came up with the solution that seems reasonable to me. So if those numbers seem a bit too low to you, don’t be alarmed and give this a chance.

I hope everyone will have fun participating in this, because that’s what it’s all about—fun. With that, let’s address the rules and format of our Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor!

Rules and format:

1. The Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor is going to take most of the year (surprise), feature nine Ayreon albums from The Final Experiment to the newest yet-untitled Ayreon album #9, along with both Star One albums, Guilt Machine album On this Perfect Day, The Gentle Storm album The Diary and Arjen’s solo album Lost in the New Real.
Unfortunately, Ambeon and Stream of Passion albums won’t be featured in the Survivor, because of their low popularity as determined by the Roll Call poll held on the previous week.

2. The Survivor Polls are going to be separated into three different units:
  • Ayreon Survivors — this unit will feature nine Ayreon Album Survivors, Ayreon Consolations and Ayreon Finals
  • Arjen Lucassen Survivors — this unit will feature five Arjen Lucassen side-project albums, Arjen Lucassen Consolations and Arjen Lucassen Finals
  • Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Spin-off Survivors — this unit will feature other Survivors, hosted for fun and having no bearing on the main results of the competition
After both Ayreon and Arjen Lucassen Finals are over, the winner of the competition is going to be determined in the Grand Final League (read the section about songs distribution below).

3. The format of the Survivor and the number of songs advancing from each stage to the next is as follows:

There are two brackets, one filled with Ayreon albums, one filled with Arjen’s side-projects’ albums. Both brackets progress separately until the winner is crowned in each one; best songs from each bracket advance to the Grand Finals League, where each song is matched against others, and the song which will have the best statistics after 15 Rounds will win the whole tournament.

4. Each round for the Album Survivors will last 48 hours. Each round for Consolations and Finals will also last 48 hours; with the exception of the both Finals last rounds, which will last 72 hours. Each round for Grand Finals League will also last 48 hours. There will (almost) always be two Albums Survivors running separately, along with a Spin-Off Survivor of some kind.

5. The tiebreakers will be held in case of any ties occurring in any round. Any tiebreaker will last 24 hours. If the main round ended in a tie, tiebreaker is inevitable despite anyone wanting to change their vote (the exceptions will be made if the vote was placed mistakenly and admitted before the poll ends). If any tiebreaker also ends in a tie, the song that received fewer (hello, Stannis) votes in the previous rounds of the actual Survivor advances further. If the amount of received votes is the same, I will ask Nick (the mod who’s the biggest Ayreon fan on this board) to break the tie—although he doesn’t know that yet. :biggrin: Nick is participating too, so I will ask someone else.

6. The respective bonus tracks from each album won’t be included. They may appear in a Spin-Off Survivor of some kind, but not in the main competition. The Theory of Everything is going to be run as an album with four songs. All the intro tracks that are separate tracks on their respective albums (like Lift Off or Welcome to the New Dimension) will be listed as separate tracks in the polls.

I think that’s mostly it for the Rules and Survivor format, but I also want to do a FAQ with some points that I could’ve left unclear:

FAQ

Q: When will the actual Survivor begin? First this Roll Call poll, now that starting post, and still no actual album polls?
A: The Survivor will begin after Kamelot Survivor ends, which makes it about two weeks from now on, maybe two and a half; probably in the end of January. I’ve got one more important thread to set up before we begin, though.

Q: Didn’t you say this whole thing was a Survivor? Why switch to the League format in the end?
A: The thing is, the Roll Call poll showed there’s way more interest in Ayreon albums (the most popular Ayreon album got 14 votes, while the most popular side-project album got 8 votes), and I feel that if I mix both Ayreon and side-project albums early in the Survivor, we will have a whole bunch of people who would skip the voting because they don’t know the songs. Therefore, I’ve got to mix them in the end; and the League format will allow people to abstain from voting in the matchups they’re not too familiar with the songs.

Q: There are going to be twelve Ayreon songs in the Grand Finals, and only four side-projects’ songs to compete with them. Why is there such a disbalance?
A: First off, it’s not that huge of a disbalance. If we assume that Ayreon album #9 will have 15 tracks (I think I saw Arjen saying something like that somewhere on FB), we’re up to 114 Ayreon tracks in the competition, while there are only 46 non-Ayreon songs. That’s roughly 2.5 times more Ayreon songs. Add the fact that Ayreon seems to be more popular than Arjen’s side-projects, and here you have the 12:4 ratio.

Q: How come The Human Equation will have two songs in Consolations, while all other albums, including Into the Electric Castle, have only one? Is it your personal bias?
A: Yes. Actually, not only The Human Equation has the most songs out of all albums in competition, it also was the most popular in the Roll Call poll, so I thought it deserves that extra song in Consolations.

Q: Why are you doing the tiebreaker for every round with a tie? Isn’t it pointless in the earlier rounds?
A: I kind of want to see what happens when you put one non-fan-favourite song against another one. Those usually end up being good fun, even though they require more time to get through each Survivor.

Now, I tried to cover it all in this post, but I definitely forgot something. If you have any questions, ideas and suggestions, feel free to ask the questions and put the ideas forth! Go ahead and discuss the rules and the format, and if there will be enough people who aren’t satisfied with these decisions, I still have a few days to change them.

Also, don’t forget to watch the Polls / Survivors Forum for more Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor related threads in the next few days. You don’t want to miss it.

Let the discussion begin!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:35:13 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen 2017 Survivor - Results and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:12:43 AM »
Now what I really like in the fact that no one posted here yet is that I get to reserve this second post for posting Results, which I absolutely forgot to do yesterday. :biggrin: The list of songs for each album is up right now.

Results

Grand Finals League

Ayreon Survivor Results

Ayreon Survivor Finals

1. Into the Black Hole
2. Age of Shadows
3. Day Two: Isolation
4. The Day That the World Breaks Down
5. Beneath the Waves
6. Dawn of a Million Souls
7. Isis and Osiris
8. The Sixth Extinction
9. Day Twelve: Trauma
10. Liquid Eternity
11. Day Twenty: Confrontation
12. Day Three: Pain
13. Amazing Flight
14. Day Eleven: Love
15. Star of Sirrah
16. Across the Rainbow Bridge
17. Everybody Dies
18. 2084
19. My House on Mars
20. Computer Eyes
21. Phase II: Symmetry
22. Abbey of Synn
23. Sail Away to Avalon
24. Merlin's Will
25. The Awareness

Ayreon Survivor Consolations

1. Day Twenty: Confrontation
2. Liquid Eternity
3. Day Eleven: Love

4. The Garden of Emotions
5. And the Druids Turn to Stone
6. Phase III: Entanglement
7. Chaos
8. Run! Apocalypse! Run!
9. Beyond the Last Horizon
10. The Charm of the Seer

The Final Experiment (1995)

1. Sail Away to Avalon
2. The Awareness
3. Merlin's Will

4. The Charm of the Seer
5. Eyes of Time
6. Waracle
7. Ayreon's Fate
8. Computer-Reign (Game Over)
9. The Banishment
10. Listen to the Waves
11. Ye Courtyard Minstrel Boy
12. Swan Song
13. Magic Ride
14. Prologue
15. Nature's Dance

Actual Fantasy (1996)

1. Abbey of Synn
2. Computer Eyes

3. Beyond the Last Horizon
4. Forevermore
5. The Stranger from Within
6. Back on Planet Earth
7. Farside of the World
8. Actual Fantasy

Into the Electric Castle (1998)

1. Isis and Osiris
2. Across the Rainbow Bridge
3. Amazing Flight

4. The Garden of Emotions
5. The Two Gates
6. The Decision Tree (We're Alive)
7. Time Beyond Time
8. Valley of the Queens
9. Another Time, Another Space
10. Tower of Hope
11. The Mirror Maze
12. Tunnel of Light
13. Cosmic Fusion
14. The Castle Hall
15. Evil Devolution
16. Welcome to the New Dimension
17. "Forever" of the Stars

The Dream Sequencer (2000)

1. My House on Mars
2. 2084

3. And the Druids Turn to Stone
4. The First Man on Earth
5. One Small Step
6. Carried by the Wind
7. Dragon on the Sea
8. The Shooting Company of Captain Frans B. Cocq
9. The Dream Sequencer
10. The Dream Sequencer Reprise
11. Temple of the Cat

Flight of the Migrator (2000)

1. Into the Black Hole
2. Dawn of a Million Souls

3. Chaos
4. Journey on the Waves of Time
5. To the Quasar
6. The New Migrator
7. Out of the White Hole
8. Through the Wormhole
9. To the Solar System

The Human Equation (2004)

1. Day Twelve: Trauma
2. Day Three: Pain
3. Day Two: Isolation

4. Day Twenty: Confrontation
5. Day Eleven: Love

6. Day Sixteen: Loser
7. Day Eight: School
8. Day Eighteen: Realization
9. Day Four: Mystery
10. Day Fifteen: Betrayal
11. Day Six: Childhood
12. Day Nineteen: Disclosure
13. Day Fourteen: Pride
14. Day Seventeen: Accident?
15. Day Ten: Memories
16. Day Five: Voices
17. Day Seven: Hope
18. Day Thirteen: Sign
19. Day One: Vigil
20. Day Nine: Playground

01011001 (2008)

1. Age of Shadows
2. Beneath the Waves
3. The Sixth Extinction

4. Liquid Eternity
5. The Fifth Extinction
6. Waking Dreams
7. Newborn Race
8. Comatose
9. Unnatural Selection
10. River of Time
11. Ride the Comet
12. The Truth is in Here
13. E=mc²
14. Web of Lies
15. Connect the Dots

The Theory of Everything (2013)

1. Phase II: Symmetry
2. Phase III: Entanglement
3. Phase I: Singularity
4. Phase IV: Unification

The Source (2017)

1. The Day That the World Breaks Down
2. Star of Sirrah
3. Everybody Dies

4. Run! Apocalypse! Run!
5. The Dream Dissolves
6. Deathcry of a Race
7. Planet Y is Alive!
8. Sea of Machines
9. Condemned to Live
10. Into the Ocean
11. Aquatic Race
12. Bay of Dreams
13. The Source Will Flow
14. All That Was
15. The Human Compulsion
16. Journey to Forever
17. March of the Machines

Arjen Lucassen Survivor Results

Arjen Lucassen Survivor Finals

1. The Eye of Ra
2. Season of Denial
3. 24 Hours
4. Perfection?
5. Twisted Coil
6. Human See, Human Do
7. Digital Rain
8. Cape of Storms
9. Endless Sea
10. Lost in the New Real
11. Master of Darkness
12. The New Real

Arjen Lucassen Survivor Consolations

1. Twisted Coil
2. Digital Rain

3. Set Your Controls
4. Shores of India
5. Pink Beatles in a Purple Zeppelin

Star One - Space Metal (2002)

1. The Eye of Ra
2. Master of Darkness

3. Set Your Controls
4. Songs of the Ocean
5. Starchild
6. Intergalactic Space Crusaders
7. High Moon
8. Sandrider
9. Perfect Survivor
10. Lift-Off

Guilt Machine - On this Perfect Day (2009)

1. Perfection?
2. Season of Denial

3. Twisted Coil
4. Green and Cream
5. Leland Street
6. Over

Star One - Victims of the Modern Age (2010)

1. 24 Hours
2. Human See, Human Do

3. Digital Rain
4. Earth That Was
5. It All Ends Here
6. Victim of the Modern Age
7. It's Alive, She's Alive, We're Alive
8. Cassandra Complex
9. Down the Rabbit Hole

Arjen Lucassen - Lost in the New Real (2012)

1. Lost in the New Real
2. The New Real

3. Pink Beatles in a Purple Zeppelin
4. Yellowstone Memorial Day
5. E-Police
6. Dr. Slumber's Eternity Home
7. Parental Procreation Permit
8. Don't Switch Me Off
9. When I'm a Hundred Sixty-Four
10. Where Pigs Fly

The Gentle Storm - The Diary (2015)

1. Endless Sea
2. Cape of Storms

3. Shores of India
4. The Storm
5. Heart of Amsterdam
6. New Horizons
7. The Moment
8. Eyes of Michiel
9. The Greatest Love
10. Brightest Light
11. Epilogue: The Final Entry
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:59:13 AM by Evermind »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:26:26 AM »
Please call them 'Day X:' et cetera, that's how I know the tracks haha
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »
No problem, fixed. :biggrin:

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 02:24:57 PM »
Man this is so difficult. I'm pretty familiar with most of the Ayreon albums but there is just SO much music. Most of the time when I listen I'm just enjoying the album as a whole and don't pay particular attention to individual songs (except for the odd few). Why do they all (pretty much) have to be double albums  :lol. I really want to try to rank properly but I'm not sure if I'll have time before the date the predictions need to be in  :facepalm: I'm doing my damnedest though!! One thing is for certain though, I've have gained an appreciation for Into the Electric Castle, it really is a great album!!

Right, back to it...........

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »
wait, there's a lot less arjen side projects here than i expected. space metal is actually the only one of these i don't know so i guess i might as well just listen to it  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
wait, there's a lot less arjen side projects here than i expected. space metal is actually the only one of these i don't know so i guess i might as well just listen to it  :lol

Can't wait for your reaction for Space Metal, pretty sure you aren't going to like it. :lol Anyway, think about participating in the prediction contest, because that's what I tell everyone the last few days.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »
Ok, I've ranked up until The Diary. I've not heard this album before and it looks as if there is a gentle version and a storm version (I'm assuming that is acoustic and metal). Are we doing the storm version? Or the gentle version? That might be a stupid question but I don't want to rank one when the other may sound vastly different.

Cheers  :tup

I'll probably rank that album tomorrow once I've heard back and then I can send  :biggrin:

EDIT: Ignore this. I ranked based on the storm version and also.........sent  :corn
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:59:03 PM by twosuitsluke »

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 10:09:48 AM »
Yeah, I definitely should've mentioned this.

The Diary won't have the Gentle and Storm sections divided. You should probably base your prediction (and vote in the poll later) based on the strength and weaknesses of both versions, or if you think that one version is vastly superior to the other, you may pretend the other one just doesn't exist. All in all, you may vote however you want.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 09:38:18 AM »
Actual Fantasy Survivor results are added to the second post in the thread.

Into the Electric Castle Survivor begins on February 14th.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:39:50 AM by Evermind »

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 11:45:34 AM »
Listening to it right now and taking notes 'cause there's no way that I will remember properly all the songs otherwise  ;D some of these are just hard to memorize completely.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 01:59:48 AM »
The Final Experiment Survivor results are added to the second post in the thread.

The Dream Sequencer Survivor will begin on March 6th.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »
Ayreon/Arjen Lucassen Album Artwork Spin-off Survivor results:

1. The Theory of Everything
2. The Dream Sequencer
3. On this Perfect Day
4. 01011001
5. Into the Electric Castle
6. Victims of the Modern Age
7. The Human Equation
8. The Diary
9. The Source
10. Space Metal
11. Embrace the Storm
12. Flight of the Migrator
13. The Final Experiment
14. Lost in the New Real
15. Fate of a Dreamer
16. Actual Fantasy

The Theory of Everything artwork wins by just one vote over The Dream Sequencer one, with Guilt Machine's On this Perfect Day artwork closes our Top 3.

That's it for the Album Artwork Survivor. However, you should expect the next Spin-off Survivor to pop up in the very near future.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 06:40:56 AM »
Man, you put a lot of thought/planning into this!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »

Oh yes, a lot of thought and planning went into this. Especially the contest, I've thought it about literally for months, working out all the details before finally bringing it to live.

Into the Electric Castle Survivor results are added to the second post in the thread.

Flight of the Migrator Survivor begins on March 30th.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 11:49:45 AM »
The Dream Sequencer Survivor results are added to the second post in the thread.

Space Metal Survivor begins on March 31st.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:38:04 PM by Evermind »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 11:53:00 AM »
Eww I thought we were getting THE next  :P

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »
We're going mostly chronologically.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »
Space Metal Survivor begins on March 31th.

I'm undecided about doing this... but maybe in the weekend I can give it a couple of spins and see if I form a clear idea about it. I'm pretty sure I heard it back in the day but I remember next to nothing.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 12:38:28 PM »
That's alright. Also, *31st. :facepalm:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 02:40:55 PM »

Oh yes, a lot of thought and planning went into this. Especially the contest, I've thought it about literally for months, working out all the details before finally bringing it to live.

Into the Electric Castle Survivor results are added to the second post in the thread.

Flight of the Migrator Survivor begins on March 30th.

Guess I know what I'm listening to in the morning.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »
Flight of the Migrator Survivor results are added to the second post in the thread (not really, I keep getting Error 403 trying to edit the post).

The Human Equation Survivor will begin on April 28th.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:06:26 PM by Evermind »

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »
Arjen Lucassen Vocal Performance Spin-off Survivor results:

1. Russell Allen
2. Anneke van Giersbergen
3. Jasper Steverlinck
4. Damian Wilson
5. Floor Jansen
6. Marcela Bovio
7. Dan Swanö
8. Astrid van der Veen
9. Arjen Anthony Lucassen

Sir Russell Allen triumphs among the non-Ayreon Arjen-related singers, Anneke van Giersbergen takes the second place, and Jasper Steverlinck finishes third.

Non-Ayreon singers Survivor is done, and next up is Ayreon singers Survivor... coming soon to the Polls/Survivors section.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 01:18:59 PM »
Holy carp that'll be a big one.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 07:06:15 AM »
I would add Space Metal Survivor results to the second post in the thread, but I still get Error 403 every time I try to edit that post. Not sure what this is about.

01011001 Survivor will begin on May 1st. :metal

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 08:30:34 AM »
That's tomorrow and doesn't really give much time for a relisten. I'll do my best though.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »
I honestly thought that both The Human Equation and 01011001 are so popular and well-known that no big relisten time was needed for these two. I may delay it for a day or two if most of the participants wish so.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 07:45:22 AM »
By the way, I've got everything ready for the spin-off Ayreon Survivor for vocal performance, but I'm holding it off until my copy of The Source arrives. I want to be able to vote in the polls too, and I think the delay will give people more time to get familiar with the singers' performance on that album.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 07:57:33 AM »
The Source has got some great vocal moments, indeed.
Squ

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 12:15:22 PM »
Now that DTF finally allowed me to update the second post without getting 403 Forbidden error, this thread is up to date.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 12:29:27 PM »
When that happens, does anyone else get the warning that some firewall is blocking your IP address?

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »
When that happens, does anyone else get the warning that some firewall is blocking your IP address?

I think it happens separately for me. I kept getting 403 Forbidden when I tried to edit that second post, and unrelated to that, I've got my share of "Firewall blocked you! The site is functioning alright, it's just you who suck balls, try to contact the administrator and see if it can be helped" errors over the last couple of days. I thought it was just because I used Tor and happened to come upon some unwelcomed IP-address.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »
Nah... I got that once a couple weeks back - happened every single time I tried to quote jjrock's 10,000th post.  Weird thing was, that was the ONLY time I got it.  And I got it on all devices - MacBook, iPad, and iPhone.  Maybe it was an Apple thing??

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2018, 12:00:03 PM »
Both Ayreon and Arjen Lucassen Finals results are updated now.