Author Topic: Another Monster Kid Playing Guitar (and using JP guitar), and how to be?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline clinks63

she's a girl, and it is very smooth as it gets..
https://www.facebook.com/yoyoguitarist/videos/376600019352380/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

---

Now, i'm really wanted to ask this for so long, how can make my own children be like the other music monster kids, :P for a father who only average guitar/drummer (or maybe above average haha)?

Any suggestions? Do I need to send to music school at early age? Do I learn as well and teach him? Or find a personal guitar/drum coach?

thinking like MP/Max but I can only teach a thing...

I have a 2 yr and 3 mos boys and I wanted them to be musically inclined :)
Where's my welcome thread and 2012 DTF award for it:
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=20154.0

"the third arrives..."

Offline Skeever

Re: Another Monster Kid Playing Guitar (and using JP guitar), and how to be?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:10:58 AM »
As impressive as it is to see toddlers tearing through advanced guitar solos, pretty sure it only comes at the cost of forcing your kid to play guitar 12 hours per day.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »
I agree with Skeever. Unless you have a kid that naturally can't be pried away from an instrument and lives and breathes music, you should probably just foster, but leave it up to the kid how far he/she wants to practice. I know sooooo many adults who abandoned their piano because of the dreadful lessons they associated it with.

I would also say, there's reasonably little value to becoming a "monster" on the instrument. Becoming a musician is far more important.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:38:13 PM »
Yeah...I think it has to be up to the kid really. Unless you want your kid to resent the Hell out of you someday. If you want to put emphasis on something, put it on great study habits, a passion for school and learning in general, and the discipline to put in the work. What's more important, learning how to plan and work a budget someday, or how to shred?
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."