Author Topic: The Steam Thread  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Serah Farron

• Lightning's baby sister~
  • WOOF WOOF.
The Steam Thread
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:28:23 PM »
Anyone here have a steam account?

Anyone willing to get together and play some games?

Edit: Post your steam accounts here, steam games that are on sale, steam games you'd recommend, etc.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:39:06 PM by Serah Farron »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Steam account?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
I have one, you can find me as Reaper2195.

I have a decent sized steam library.

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
Re: The Steam Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
Hey! Thanks for the response. I added you.

My user is Serah_Farron.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 08:48:24 PM »
I have one, you can find me as Reaper2195.

I have a decent sized steam library.

That's an understatement :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:21 PM »
I didn't know Steam had a Friends function. Foreveralone.

Only have 10 or so games, some new as of a couple days ago, many purchased as a result of dtf.org's own Top 25 Video Game lists thread.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »
I'm BlobVanDam on steam if anyone wants to add me. I'm always up for Rocket League if anyone wants to play. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 11:10:11 PM »
I'm andrew_iceberg if anyone wants to look me up. Don't know how many games I have that anyone would want to play together, but feel free to let me know if you have something in mind.

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 11:24:41 PM »
Awesome! Will add you both tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »
I'm Druminator on Steam.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »
Added Blob and Pogo. Thanks guys!

And MrBoom_shack-a-lack, there are three results for your name. Which would one would it be? There's one in Kentucky, France, and Canada.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »
Non of the above, look for the guy from Sweden.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Serah Farron

• WOOF WOOF.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »
Ah! Found you, thanks!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 09:26:51 AM »
How often do your Steam accounts get hacked? I swear, I get an email at least once a month saying someone successfully logged in with my username and password from elsewhere. I just received another one this morning. My current password is literally just a random string of characters and cases made specifically for this account. Why does this keep happening?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
I ued the 2-factor authentication and I have never had an issue.

I did lose my master key once when I changed phones and couldn't access my steam library for 10 days or so.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 09:41:41 AM »
I ued the 2-factor authentication and I have never had an issue.

What's that?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 09:51:27 AM »
I think he means the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator, I recently started using it.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 10:00:01 AM »
I think he means the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator, I recently started using it.

Yup that's what I meant. Basically you enter your steam password and a key will be generated and sent to your phone, you'll have to enter that key within the allotted time to access your account.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »
I have a Steam account that I only use to play Age of Empires II and Age of Mythology with. I'm not really a gamer, but these two are games I still play occasionally. My username is a random string of letters.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 11:53:10 AM »
I have had my account compromised as well (or Steam thought it might be, anyway). But I haven't had an issue since I made my password stronger and went to 2-factor authentication. Which is admittedly annoying, but I don't have to log in very often if I'm just using the Steam application.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 01:32:14 PM »
cramx3 on steam

also, I've never had an issue with steam being hacked but in the last couple months my origin and my gta (rockstar online) accounts got hacked.  Weird.  Nothing happened with either, just got notices that my passwords were reset when I didn't do it.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »
Debra Kadabra (gee, big surprise there)

I'm building my library so hit me up!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 05:35:56 PM »
I have a Steam account that I only use to play Age of Empires II and Age of Mythology with. I'm not really a gamer, but these two are games I still play occasionally. My username is a random string of letters.
Look into Empire Earth I and II. I found it far superior.

I disabled my Steam account after one of the hacks Chino was referring to. I only used it to pay for games, never to play them, so it wasn't worth keeping around (and I'm damn sure not giving those people my cell number). If it were still up I'd probably be up for  some L4D, but c'est la guerre.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 06:21:56 PM »

I disabled my Steam account after one of the hacks Chino was referring to. I only used it to pay for games, never to play them, so it wasn't worth keeping around (and I'm damn sure not giving those people my cell number). If it were still up I'd probably be up for  some L4D, but c'est la guerre.

Maybe I am wrong, but don't you also need Steam to play them?

Also, I added everyone on here to my friends list so you probably should all see a request from me.  :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 06:08:50 AM »

My brother and I still play Empire Earth to this day. You have to really like micromanagement for those games.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
I have played Empire Earth before, but I found that game always rather weird in the sense that you could have people with guns shooting people with clubs. Also the stuff like bombers and ships that could destroy anything would throw me off. But maybe I wasn't good at it at all, because I did not understand how it worked.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 11:26:49 AM »
I have played Empire Earth before, but I found that game always rather weird in the sense that you could have people with guns shooting people with clubs. Also the stuff like bombers and ships that could destroy anything would throw me off. But maybe I wasn't good at it at all, because I did not understand how it worked.
You can limit the range of epochs so the game starts and caps out at certain eras, if you wish. Mostly it depends on how you play, though. I'd always play 4 nation last man standing, and what would usually happen is that one nation advances at the same rate s me, one just slightly slower, and one stagnates. The slowpokes getting wiped out early on, generally. So by the time I'm flying heavy bombers the other nations generally have respectable AA capability.

And besides, isn't using cutting edge technology to blow the shit out of the less well equipped the American way?  :lol

Maybe I am wrong, but don't you also need Steam to play them?
I acquire non-Steam versions of them via other means. Bethesda and Valve deserve money for what they'd cranked out, but that doesn't mean I have to dick with their cumbersome and intrusive DRM.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
Just went through and added everyone from this thread :)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 01:16:43 PM »
I have steam, and you are free to add me, but I doubt I'll ever be playing a game that we play together.

Rush3737

I do most of my casual and strategy gaming on the computer, Cities: Skylines, Civ VI, Beyond Earth, Total War, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »
<-----

I game on linux, so not so many games.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman