Author Topic: Travelers (TV / Netflix)  (Read 9924 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Travelers (TV / Netflix)
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2017, 09:08:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm psyched for Black Mirror! Took them long enough to announce the damn date on that one. :lol

No kidding. And I'm fairly confident I'll watch all (6) episodes within two days.....heck, if I can get started on them at 8:00 or 9:00 at night I may just do them all in one night  :lol   I'm just hoping they hold up to the previous seasons, there's always the risk when something gets that popular and is highly regarded it could fall short but NETFLIX has a pretty good track record.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
I'll smash that shit in under a day EASY. :blob:
I trust Charlie Brooker to deliver more great episodes. I'm especially intrigued by the Star Trek parody, because it's completely new for Black Mirror, and I can't wait to see what direction they'll go with that.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2017, 09:39:09 AM »
I trust Charlie Brooker to deliver more great episodes. I'm especially intrigued by the Star Trek parody, because it's completely new for Black Mirror, and I can't wait to see what direction they'll go with that.

My brother and I are curious about that one as well.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »
Guess I'll wait for Netflix then. I downloaded the first 5 episodes  of season 2 a while back, but just haven't had the time to get to them. Looking forward to it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 02:20:56 AM »

It'll be the reverse of a standard Star Trek Holodeck episode (where the crew go somewhere boring...).  So the staff of a Jazz Bar use a Holosuit to become the crew of the federation flag ship   ;D

I'm sure it will be something along the lines of VR - I do wonder if it could end up being like the Red Dwarf episode 'Back to Reality'.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »
Binged the first (7) episodes last night......will probably hammer out the last (5) tonight. I'm really digging this season a lot.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 10:31:56 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it. :tup Those last episodes are even better imo, so you should enjoy the rest.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2017, 10:36:40 AM »
Goddamn... Netflix Canada doesn't seem to have it yet.  :zeltar:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2017, 10:37:35 AM »
I love how a lot of the actors are from prior sci fi shows like Continuum, Stargate etc. It's like they have their own little sci fi actor club  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2017, 10:48:15 AM »
I love how a lot of the actors are from prior sci fi shows like Continuum, Stargate etc. It's like they have their own little sci fi actor club  :lol

Yeah, I love spotting the same actors in these shows. :D It's not just the genre shows either, but basically anything filmed in Vancouver (including big scifi movies)
Half the reason I'll become aware of a show and check it out is because someone from a previous scifi show is in it. And you're not even allowed to have a Canadian scifi show without Amanda Tapping directing something. She directed 4 episodes this season. :hat

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2017, 12:10:23 AM »
Finished it up. Wow, what an ending to a season! I’m perplexed at how they’re going to move the show along. It’s gonna be crazy.

Spoilers:

Ok Blob I need some help piecing together what happened at the end there. Did Vincent somehow end up in the Therapist (Amanda Tapling?) and, then a traveler entered the old Vince? I’m confused as to what went down there.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2017, 04:02:00 AM »
Finished it up. Wow, what an ending to a season! I’m perplexed at how they’re going to move the show along. It’s gonna be crazy.

Spoilers:

Ok Blob I need some help piecing together what happened at the end there. Did Vincent somehow end up in the Therapist (Amanda Tapling?) and, then a traveler entered the old Vince? I’m confused as to what went down there.

Yeah, that's what happened. He had the crazy dude build that machine, so he could transfer his consciousness into the therapist, leaving his body as an empty braindead shell for the director to find and think he was dealt with, then he gets to continue hiding in a new body.
So I guess he has no reason to bother anyone again now that he can quietly live out his life without fear of being exposed to the director, although I'd like to see the character return some day.

So now the only major threat is just every single organization in the entire world. :lol I hope the show gets renewed, because I'm also very curious to see what they'll do from here.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 09:16:37 AM »

Spoilers:

Yeah, that's what happened. He had the crazy dude build that machine, so he could transfer his consciousness into the therapist, leaving his body as an empty braindead shell for the director to find and think he was dealt with, then he gets to continue hiding in a new body.
So I guess he has no reason to bother anyone again now that he can quietly live out his life without fear of being exposed to the director, although I'd like to see the character return some day.

So now the only major threat is just every single organization in the entire world. :lol I hope the show gets renewed, because I'm also very curious to see what they'll do from here.

I hope it’s renewed as well. It’s a cool show.

You’d think the traveler who inhabited Vince would find the machine and they’d figure it out? And, I’m curious as to the fate of Simon?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »
Simon would be a loose end, so I'd think he'd have been killed right after, probably by the machine which he promised he'd use to fix him, then destroy the machine.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2017, 11:45:33 AM »
I wasn't a big fan of the finale but overall it was a very good season. I'm looking forward to S3 but I fear they might not renew it as it also felt a little bit like a series finale, as if they told them they aren't gonna make a new season so they did the best they could with the plotlines (Vincent and the travelers got a Director msg to stay away of each other few episodes back, why was the end so focused on that?)

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »
Renewed for a Third Season....Exclusively on NETFLIX   :metal     I really like this show and am glad to see it gets at least one more season. And I am totally stumped and curious as to how they're gonna move forward.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/travelers-renewed-season-3-netflix-1202728264/

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 05:25:19 AM »
Renewed for a Third Season....Exclusively on NETFLIX   :metal     I really like this show and am glad to see it gets at least one more season. And I am totally stumped and curious as to how they're gonna move forward.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/travelers-renewed-season-3-netflix-1202728264/

I'm PUMPED! I thought this was done with the way season 2 ended. Can't wait! :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2018, 05:28:49 AM »
It'd be great if Netflix Canada added this to their inventory.  I watched Season 1 last year as it unfolded on the network that carries it up here, but missed it scheduling it on the DVR for Season 2.  I'd been patiently awaiting it to be added to Netflix when the season ended, but it still ain't there.   >:(

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2018, 05:46:57 AM »
That sucks, jingle. I guess because of the TV deal there, you get it later for Netflix. It was on US Netflix 4 months ago iirc. I'm pleasantly surprised and excited that it got renewed for another season. I posted about it in the chat thread about a week ago when I found out, but forgot to post it here though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2018, 06:16:10 AM »
That sucks, jingle. I guess because of the TV deal there, you get it later for Netflix. It was on US Netflix 4 months ago iirc. I'm pleasantly surprised and excited that it got renewed for another season. I posted about it in the chat thread about a week ago when I found out, but forgot to post it here though.

Yeah, it totally does suck since it's a CANADIAN FUCKING PRODUCTION!!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2018, 06:23:28 AM »
To be fair, you did get the first two seasons long before the rest of the world got it on Netflix, but it sucks that if you missed that, you have to wait so long afterwards to view it online. At least S3 should be a simultaneous release.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2018, 07:02:11 AM »

Didn’t see that post. I’m still trying to remember to drop in the chat threads.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2018, 07:11:33 AM »

Didn’t see that post. I’m still trying to remember to drop in the chat threads.  :lol

You really must! It's about the only place I even post these days. :biggrin:

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2018, 10:27:32 PM »
Umm.... wow. Out of nowhere Season 3 on December 14th.

https://youtu.be/xyEijpJ9YL0

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2018, 11:25:46 PM »
Aw yeah, can't wait!

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2018, 12:25:40 AM »
Umm.... wow. Out of nowhere Season 3 on December 14th.

https://youtu.be/xyEijpJ9YL0

That wasn't too long of a wait as I refreshed on your post above from 3/20/18. I should have the whole season completed by the end of the 14th or 15th at the latest! :tup

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2018, 06:33:59 AM »
That’s what I thought. Very quick turn around. When I noticed the trailer I thought for sure it’d say something like ‘Summer of 19’ or something.

I’ll take it though. Hopefully Season 3 can hold it’s own against the first two because they were really good.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2018, 08:11:13 AM »
Awww snap! :metal

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Just started this series, I like it.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2018, 12:44:45 PM »
Just started this series, I like it.

It's really well done. The story is in constant evolution and stays interesting....the characters are cool and get time to develop....it's just a good show. One of the better 'time travel' type shows that I've watched. there's a fine line when it comes to messing around with any type of time travel in a show and it generally catches up to a show and ruins it. Not this one. Can't wait to see season three....

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
I just watched Eric McCormack's Build series interview on YouTube last night where the main topic was Travelers. He hints that this new season is going to mess us up.

I don't see how I won't start Season 3 next Friday after work. I knocked out the first 2 seasons in a few days. These Canadians really know how to do good Sci-Fi.

https://youtu.be/m4l5ZFhUB-I
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2018, 06:37:48 PM »
I just watched Eric McCormack's Build series interview on YouTube last night where the main topic was Travelers. He hints that this new season is going to mess us up.

I don't see how I won't start Season 3 next Friday after work. I knocked out the first 2 seasons in a few days. These Canadians really know how to do good Sci-Fi.

Yeah...I recall knocking out those first two seasons pretty quick also. It’s just a good show.

You’re right about the time travel shows because Continuum was awesome also. I felt like they and we the fans got ripped off with the hastened shortened last season but at least they allowed them the chance to wrap it up

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »
These Canadians really know how to do good Sci-Fi.

I don't even bother with new scifi shows unless they're from Canada or the UK. Americans can't do scifi for shit, sorry. :lol

Continuum and Travelers being two recent favourites, especially Continuum. :tup

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »
Through the first four episodes already. Hasn’t skipped a beat.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
Just starting episode 3. Man, I really hate Jeff. I mean, really. The Director just needs to zap him already.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history