Author Topic: RIP Princess Leia  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: RIP Princess Leia
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2016, 05:08:31 PM »
Carrie's brilliance was never in front of the camera. Her true talents lie in her wit and personality, not in her acting chops. And with all the recent celeb passings, it seems like hers has garnered the most kind words, gestures, and tributes from other celebs, which shows how much she was truly loved and respected in the industry of "celebrity."

This exactly. Extremely intelligent, witty, and a great wordsmith.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2016, 10:15:04 AM »
Just thought today that Carrie's daughter will probably never enjoy another Christmas :(

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2016, 10:42:13 AM »
Her Family Guy acting was great. Didn't she also direct some films?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
And that sucks about Debbie Reynolds. She is an awesome comedian, meeting her jokes were casual.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2016, 11:09:21 AM »
Just thought today that Carrie's daughter will probably never enjoy another Christmas :(

My neighbors lost their mother/wife two days after Thanksgiving. I'm sure that holiday is ruined for them, too. It's always sad when someone passes on a holiday.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
My stepfather died Christmas morning a few years back, and my grandfather died on my birthday. My experience is that you do get that reminder and it's a bummer, but you've also go a whole lot of other things going on those days, as well as friends and family being around. While I can't speak for my stepbrothers/sister, it seems to me better than having them die on some random day where there's nothing else going on.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
My aunt died the day my son was born; the literal day, 5 hours before he was born. Many of you might remember me talking about it. She was on hospice so it was really just a matter of when. I can honestly say I never processed her death. I'm aware of it, I know it happened but her funeral was the same time Eric got wheeled into the NICU....I never processed, I was focused on my family and child and wife. It feels awful to say, but it's like it didn't really happen, even tho it did. My son's birthday has never been darkened for me.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »
My mum died January 8th 1997.

My step bro was born January 8th 2004.

Also my firs niece was born on April 1st - a few years to the day after my Grandma died.

So weird.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »
RIP to Carrie and Debbie. So sad, but the hope is that mental health/bipolar awareness comes more to the forefront. I applaud Carrie for living and joking about it - her humor and wit were spot on, and both her and her mother will be sorely missed.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2016, 03:00:12 PM »
My aunt died the day my son was born; the literal day, 5 hours before he was born. Many of you might remember me talking about it. She was on hospice so it was really just a matter of when. I can honestly say I never processed her death. I'm aware of it, I know it happened but her funeral was the same time Eric got wheeled into the NICU....I never processed, I was focused on my family and child and wife. It feels awful to say, but it's like it didn't really happen, even tho it did. My son's birthday has never been darkened for me.

Now that's rough. But with how I believe, they knew each other within that time frame of her passing and him not yet being born.