Author Topic: RIP Princess Leia  (Read 3427 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: RIP Princess Leia
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 12:18:41 PM »
Awwwwww  :'(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 03:10:13 PM »
RIP Carrie Fisher. Being a big Star Wars fan, this one hurts more than any other celebrity death this year. I always felt that in comparison to Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford, she never really got the respect amongst Star Wars fans that she deserved. Leia was such a cool character who didn't take shit from anybody. Even in the infamous slave outfit, she delt with the circumstances while she had to and when the opportunity came, she defeated her opressor. So many great moments in the original trilogy happened because of Leia and Carrie Fisher was the perfect actress to pull it off. She will always be remembered as a legend now.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 06:50:19 PM »

Online Adami

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM »
Now her mother, Debbie Reynolds, has passed away....
https://variety.com/2016/film/news/debbie-reynolds-dead-dies-carrie-fisher-mother-1201949432/
 :(

SHE DIED?!?!

I heard she went to the ER..............good lord!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 06:54:31 PM »
Just sad all around. :(
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 07:08:07 PM »

This is utterly fucking mind blowing.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 07:21:30 PM »
That is insane

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 07:25:07 PM »
OMG.  That is heartbreaking!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »

This is three very recognizable names in the last FOUR DAYS.

Online Adami

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »
God dammit, 2016. Working overtime to ruin everything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »
Very, very sad.

2016 is running up the score at this point.

Online Adami

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 07:41:39 PM »
Only three more days till we can start talking about how awful 2017 is.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »
I cannot imagine the heartache and devastation of losing a child. My mother died very unexpectedly at 46 and my grandfather passed a month later and my grandmother 3 months after that. And my aunt (my mother's only sibling) has never been the same. She suffered a nervous breakdown a week after my mother died. And has been in and out of institutions for the last 24 years. She and my mother were extremely close. She told me about six months ago she prays everyday that there's a heaven so she can see her sister again, as that's all she has to look forward too. I know...this is real "...House of Usher" type shit here. My point....this type of heartbreak happens all the time, and the death of a family member due to heartache of a death is a very real thing.

RIP Carrie and Debbie. I believe Heaven is real...take care of each other, and watch over Billie. She's gonna need it I'm sure.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2016, 01:03:01 AM »
So sad that the heartbreak over her child's death actually killed her  :-\
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2016, 02:12:54 AM »
I cannot imagine the heartache and devastation of losing a child. My mother died very unexpectedly at 46 and my grandfather passed a month later and my grandmother 3 months after that. And my aunt (my mother's only sibling) has never been the same. She suffered a nervous breakdown a week after my mother died. And has been in and out of institutions for the last 24 years. She and my mother were extremely close. She told me about six months ago she prays everyday that there's a heaven so she can see her sister again, as that's all she has to look forward too. I know...this is real "...House of Usher" type shit here. My point....this type of heartbreak happens all the time, and the death of a family member due to heartache of a death is a very real thing.

RIP Carrie and Debbie. I believe Heaven is real...take care of each other, and watch over Billie. She's gonna need it I'm sure.
Something similar happened to my grandpa when my grandma passed away. He was never the same after and constantly sad which was heartbreaking to see. It's like he just gave up and about 1 year later he passed away.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2016, 02:14:52 AM »
I can't even imagine what Carrie's daughter Billie, must be going through now. :(

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2016, 06:38:17 AM »
  the death of a family member due to heartache of a death is a very real thing.

I totally believe it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2016, 06:43:31 AM »
It's weird. My Grandad and my Grandma had their 50th Anniversary and she passed away a few years ago.

You'd think he'd be miserable and reclusive after such a thing.

But he actually came out of his shell after - he started taking long trips everywhere and brightened up a lot actually.

I don't think they didn't get on but maybe he thought that he could live a bit more with the time he has left ?

I dunno. He's just had his 89th and you wouldn't know it at all. he still drives. Is still very active. No hint of senility. Uses the internet.

My great Auntie recently died at the age of 99. I hope my Grandad lives that long...

My Dad also lightened up a lot after my mum passed away. But she was very ill for a long time. That's different I suppose. She didn't want to go to hospital and passed away at home.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2016, 07:44:29 AM »
That happened to my grandfather; he buried two of his daughters, and after the second, one day he just sat down in his favorite chair to watch the Mets - which he would sometimes do with his sons in law - and just... never got up.   there's not a person in this family that doesn't believe he just figured with them gone, there was no point. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »
So Steve Martin gets called sexist because he calls Carrie Fisher smart and witty.

People really need to get a fucking grip.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:31:00 AM by bosk1 »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »
Did you mean "sexist?"
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2016, 09:57:00 AM »
I did !

Please edit for me ;) xx

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
Yes he did.

And personally I'm disappointed that SM didn't have the balls to leave his remark public so people could see what a joke the faux outrage was. Moreover, while people are discussing the "addicted to outrage phenomenon," it seems to me the bigger problem is the media (both sides) being addicted to reporting pseudo-outrage as if it's some important, meaningful thing. One magazine nobody has ever heard of suggested that she resisted sex-symbol status, a few random twitters agreed, and FOX immediately reports "Media outlets and fans immediately turned on the comedian saying Martin’s tweet had a sexist undertone." So, which side is it that's addicted to outrage again? The people criticizing him or the people rushing bitching about them?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »
Ugh, nothing at all wrong with his tweet. Apparently reasonable and proportionate responses also died in 2016. It's a joke.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2016, 10:26:23 AM »
Ugh, nothing at all wrong with his tweet. Apparently reasonable and proportionate responses also died in 2016. It's a joke.

he called her beautiful, smart and funny.

omg so sexist.

it's not like he tweeted " shame about carrie fisher. nice rack. probably a good cook. terrible driver OBVIOUSLY "

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »
Yeah, I've seen other rather benign things associated with her that have been blasted over the last couple of days due to misplaced outrage.  I'm sad about her passing too, but I'm not sure why the subject of Carrie Fisher is now somehow a sacred cow. 

...as opposed to Natalie Portman, who is just a cow in general.  :cow:  But I digress.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2016, 10:46:55 AM »
Oh, SNAP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2016, 10:47:39 AM »
Sorry.  I tried.  But I literally could not help myself.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »
Daisy Ridley > Natalie Portman

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2016, 11:51:32 AM »
Apples and oranges. Portman had to play a very specific character, under the watchful eye of a demented control freak (not to mention George Lucas outside of DTF). That Ridley gal got to start with a blank slate. 

And the more I hear about CF the more I think she was a groovy chick. I can see how she was inspirational to people. She actually reminds me a bit of Nimoy, who also had to try and be a real person both within and outside of an iconic character.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2016, 11:53:57 AM »
And form what I hear about Anthony Daniels - people won't be as upset when he's gone.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2016, 12:29:34 PM »
Carrie's brilliance was never in front of the camera. Her true talents lie in her wit and personality, not in her acting chops. And with all the recent celeb passings, it seems like hers has garnered the most kind words, gestures, and tributes from other celebs, which shows how much she was truly loved and respected in the industry of "celebrity."
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2016, 12:44:28 PM »
never mind - can't make picture post.. :(
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2016, 01:06:24 PM »
Something I've learned about her in the last few days - from the mid 90s to the mid 00s she was one of the top uncredited script doctors in Hollywood.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.