Author Topic: Post your Christmas, Hanukkah, or other holiday Haul  (Read 1936 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Post your Christmas, Hanukkah, or other holiday Haul
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »
I felt super conflicted with this year's gift. My parents gave Victoria and I a check for $1000 with a card that said "don't spend on R/C parts". We're in desperate need of both a new living room couch and a bed.

Whats the conflicted part?  Sounds like you got your money for a couch or bed.

It just feels kind of weird. It seems like a lot. I'm 28 and getting more for Christmas now than ever. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

It's on you there Brian.  Don't feel guilty and put the money to good use like the furniture set.  Your parents obviously care for you and your girl.  They would spend that kind of money if they didn't care.

yeah. It seems to me that they are being parents....seeing a need that their son and his GF have....most likely have the means to give you that amount of check and so they did. They know it'll help and make you guys happy, I'd sincerely thank them....get the couch and bed and then in a month or so invite them over and treat them to a nice home cooked dinner.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Post your Christmas, Hanukkah, or other holiday Haul
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 03:20:03 PM »
Great advice! :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol