Author Topic: The post funny stuff thread v.graham's number  (Read 258666 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: The post funny stuff thread v.graham's number
« Reply #456 on: May 23, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »
I've always heard about the American DMV.

Is it really that bad ?

What is it for ? Just road taxing and insuring your car ?

Can't you do that online now ?

In most places I've seen, it really is that bad, but I suppose it can vary from state to state, because it's tied to the state government.  In Michigan back in the 80's, if you had to go there for any reason, you just cleared the whole day.  You might be out of there in a few hours, but you could also be there four or five hours, or more. 

In Maryland in the 90's, it was a bit better.  You could usually do what you needed to do in an afternoon, but if you could do that, you might as well go there first thing in the morning, because it's all first-come, first-served.  You get there after lunch, there can be a few hours' worth of people in line already.  (My problem was getting my ass out of bed early and going down and dealing with that shit.)

I'm in Illinois now, and most of the time I'm in and out in an hour, tops.  But you're right; a lot of it can be done online now, which I'm sure cuts down on the number of people they have to deal with.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #457 on: May 23, 2017, 12:58:08 PM »
I don't think we have an equivalent in the UK since everyone just does it online.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #458 on: May 23, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »
Eh, it all depends on where you are. I had to go to the DMV a couple weeks ago for a license renewal and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

I don't think we have an equivalent in the UK since everyone just does it online.

Most things you can do online here as well. You have to go in if you are taking your drivers test or if you are renewing your license (because they take your picture). Those are the only reasons I've ever been to a DMV.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #459 on: May 23, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »
Yeah, exactly.  It isn't just insuring.  It is drivers' licenses.  It is registration of your vehicle.  It is a lot of things tied to those.  As mentioned above, each state has their own separate state DVM, so policies and processes can vary greatly.  A lot of things can be done online now, and even for those that can't, the processes are generally much more streamlined nowadays.  But the bureaucracy and slowness of the typical DMV is such a commonly-known stereotype that everyone knows what you are talking about when you mention those stereotypes, even if the local DMV nowadays is much better.  Did you not see Zootopia, Kowtow?  The DMV being run by sloths is funny PRECISELY because it is so grounded in how they used to (and in some cases still do) function.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #460 on: May 23, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »
if you are renewing your license (because they take your picture)

This is the only reason I'd have to go to the DMV.  You still have to go there for your license pic.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #461 on: May 23, 2017, 01:59:25 PM »
In Texas they'll reuse your picture once or twice, so you only have to go in there every 8 or so years. There's also the eye test and bullshit fingerprinting when it does come time to renew in full. In DFW it just depends on which branch you go to. The nicer neighborhoods can usually move you along pretty quickly. The poorer parts of town will be a particularly bad all day affair. Personally, I just drive about 40 miles out of town and hit a location in the Styx. I'd rather spend an hour in my car listening to music than an hour sitting in a branch office with the common rabble.

Also, down here registration and licensing are handled in separate locations. One is the tax office and the other is the DPS. The tax office can be just as bad if you go to the wrong one. I that case you can usually just do it online, but there are reasons why you might have to do it in person.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #462 on: May 23, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »
In Texas they'll reuse your picture once or twice, so you only have to go in there every 8 or so years. There's also the eye test and bullshit fingerprinting when it does come time to renew in full. In DFW it just depends on which branch you go to. The nicer neighborhoods can usually move you along pretty quickly. The poorer parts of town will be a particularly bad all day affair.

Yeah, fairly similar to California.  But I think that even in most of our "bad" offices out here, it's still not nearly as bad as it used to be, and not really an all-day affair most anywhere.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline PB1

« Reply #463 on: May 23, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »

dolan trump get's pwnd by his wife!!!  :rollin :rollin :rollin

(i dont care about your politics, this pic is funny regrdless of who you support)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #464 on: May 23, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on there.  He reaches to hold her hand, but she moves hers away, so he cops a quick feel instead?

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #465 on: May 24, 2017, 01:07:09 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on there.  He reaches to hold her hand, but she moves hers away, so he cops a quick feel instead?
Exactly what I was thinking. :lol What is he even doing after being rejected?
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #466 on: May 24, 2017, 03:23:29 AM »
it's punnishment. Bet she got a contusion on her butt right then.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: May 24, 2017, 03:25:27 AM »
dolan trump

muriica plz

:p

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: May 24, 2017, 04:56:31 AM »
I've always heard about the American DMV.

Is it really that bad ?

What is it for ? Just road taxing and insuring your car ?

Can't you do that online now ?

Different states vary in what you can and cannot do online. In Florida you could do almost everything online, registration, tag and title, renew drivers license.

There are instances that you need to go to the DMV though, to show proof of insurance for one.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2017, 05:31:29 AM »
In the UK you can either do it all online or you go to the post office and just pick up whatever forms you need and post them.

I know it's 2017 now but when I got my old bike on the road - it took me literally 30 minutes or less to go online - pay my insurance and road tax and I could literally drive immediately.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2017, 09:12:44 AM »

(i dont care about your politics, this pic is funny regrdless of who you support)

That's the second one, the first one happened a few days before:

"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
So a pattern emerges!

In the second one, it could be accidental, like he went to hold her hand as they go down the steps, but at the same moment, she went to brush the hair out of her face (so he copped the quick grope instead).  But this first one is a clear blow-off.

I'd almost feel sorry for the guy, except that he's a world-class asshole, so no.  Sure, he's POTUS, but he's way out of his league, and so is she (and she knows it).

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »
Notice how the hand goes BACK and to the left. Back and to the left. I smell a conspiracy   ;)

Offline PB1

« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »
Melania CLEARLY hates her husband and doesn't even attempt to fake it anymore. this is not what she signed up for. she wants to be a socialite that parties in NYC. the last thing in the world she wants to do is meet world leaders in the middle east. LMFAO

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2017, 01:02:04 PM »

I don't think this one is anything other than her clearing the hair that blew into her eyes. The other one on the runway is different....this one....if you look at it...her hair blows into her eyes, her right hand is on the hand rail so she reaches up and brushes her hair away with the left.

the only reason this instance 'appears' to be a pwnd instance is because it happened a day or two after the runway incident so everyone is looking for something now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2017, 01:07:15 PM »
Notice how the hand goes BACK and to the left. Back and to the left. I smell a conspiracy   ;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
What does Operation: Mindcrime have to do with anything?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
What does Operation: Mindcrime have to do with anything?

I don't know Bosk1 - what does Operation: Mindcrime have to do with anything ? :neverusethis:

A : To get to the other side !

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2017, 03:00:28 PM »
I've done that first move with my wife 100 times if I've done it once.   At an amusement park.  In the mall.  I walk faster than she does, so I reach back to grab her hand and she swats it away with a "don't wait for me".   Of course, it's Trump, and we hate him so that can't POSSIBLY be it.    As for the second one, it's either "Grab my husband's hand and have the haters just go back to the first video" or "not take a digger down the flight of 40+ steps because hair was in my eyes, and let the haters hate".   I'm sure ALL the Trump haters here would take the digger in order to keep up appearances. 

Of COURSE she hates him. Why wouldn't she?  They only have a kid together, she has more money than God, and she's the most powerful woman in the free world.   Makes perfect sense.  :) 

Offline PB1

« Reply #479 on: May 24, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »
I've done that first move with my wife 100 times if I've done it once.   At an amusement park.  In the mall.  I walk faster than she does, so I reach back to grab her hand and she swats it away with a "don't wait for me".   Of course, it's Trump, and we hate him so that can't POSSIBLY be it.    As for the second one, it's either "Grab my husband's hand and have the haters just go back to the first video" or "not take a digger down the flight of 40+ steps because hair was in my eyes, and let the haters hate".   I'm sure ALL the Trump haters here would take the digger in order to keep up appearances. 

Of COURSE she hates him. Why wouldn't she?  They only have a kid together, she has more money than God, and she's the most powerful woman in the free world.   Makes perfect sense.  :)

The lols are coming from inside the thread

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #480 on: May 24, 2017, 05:51:15 PM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #481 on: May 24, 2017, 08:42:01 PM »

The totality of it all suggests she really does hate him, but these two gifs don't amount to anything. They were both incidental.

This one, on the other hand, isn't so innocuous. She reacts like he called her a whore or something. She looks wounded by whatever he said.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PB1

« Reply #482 on: May 24, 2017, 09:02:35 PM »
Stadler must have some alarm that goes off whenever someone even slightly criticizes anything about donal trump lmao.

"What's that!?!?? Someone made a mildly amusing post about the president!! I will not stand for this!!!"

*furiously types four paragraph post that nobody will read*

"Heh, I sure showed them!" :hat

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #483 on: May 24, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »
That's one of my favorite.

He probably wasn't even turning around to look at Melania, but instead check out ivanka.

Offline PB1

« Reply #484 on: May 24, 2017, 09:09:53 PM »

He probably wasn't even turning around to look at Melania, but instead check out ivanka.

:rollin :rollin

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: May 25, 2017, 06:55:23 AM »
Stadler must have some alarm that goes off whenever someone even slightly criticizes anything about donal trump lmao.

"What's that!?!?? Someone made a mildly amusing post about the president!! I will not stand for this!!!"

Wow dude.   You're hilarious. 

See, here's a trick: great humor has a grain of truth to it, so you're out before the joke hits the floor.  I honestly couldn't care less about Trump, and consider him a douchebag.   Didn't vote for him in November, wouldn't vote for him now, and disagree with probably 90% of his policies, and 95% of his cabinet.    What I don't like is the "intolerance of intolerance" bullshit.  They'll rag on Trump for being a heartless careless asshole... then proceed to be heartless careless assholes as they rip apart parts of his life that they have no business being in, like his marriage.    If Melania really IS in this against her will, then she CLEARLY doesn't want dimestore comedians like you dissecting every little move she makes.   

It's just common courtesy and respect for another human being, really.     
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:44:48 AM by Stadler »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #486 on: May 25, 2017, 07:03:51 AM »
Stop being so mature Stadler.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: May 25, 2017, 07:30:20 AM »
Stop being so mature Stadler.

Up your nose with a rubber hose.  :)   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #488 on: May 25, 2017, 08:12:14 AM »

I never thought of this, but it actually looks possible maybe even likely  :lol

Offline PB1

« Reply #489 on: May 25, 2017, 09:11:58 AM »

Wow dude.   You're hilarious. 

See, here's a trick: great humor has a grain of truth to it, so you're out before the joke hits the floor.  I honestly couldn't care less about Trump, and consider him a douchebag.   Didn't vote for him in November, wouldn't vote for him now, and disagree with probably 90% of his policies, and 95% of his cabinet.    What I don't like is the "intolerance of intolerance" bullshit.  They'll rag on Trump for being a heartless careless asshole... then proceed to he heartless careless assholes as they rip apart parts of his life that they have no business being in, like his marriage.    If Melania really IS in this against her will, then she CLEARLY doesn't want dimestore comedians like you dissecting every little move she makes.   

It's just common courtesy and respect for another human being, really.     

wow... you really can't help it. For some strange reason, you feel like it's your duty to be the most pathetic white knight possible. I've seen your posts in the political humor and trump tweets P/R threads, and they are truly embarrassing. "uhh.... is there a joke here?"  :facepalm:

Stop hijacking threads. This is the post funny stuff thread. If you don't think something is funny, just move on with your life instead of writing a post that nobody will bother to read. We do not care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ