Author Topic: RIP Bob Coburn  (Read 804 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
RIP Bob Coburn
« on: December 21, 2016, 07:55:03 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-bob-coburn-obituary-20161219-story.html

Apparently he passed away a couple of days ago, but I just saw it online tonight.

Rockline was such a great show and I listened to it all of the time when I was a kid. It was one of the only chances to hear directly from the artists. Questions from fans are always the best questions. So many great memories...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: RIP Bob Coburn
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 09:07:50 PM »
I heard about this last week.  Honestly, I wouldn't have known who he was if the Rockline thing wasn't a part of the article. But yeah, Rockline was great back in the day. I only heard a handful of them, but the format was great and he always asked good questions.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:40:49 AM »
Didn't know the guy or Rockline either for that matter, but, man, 2016 has sucked balls as far as "famous" people dying. RIP, Mr Coburn.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 06:55:06 PM »
I never missed a show until my mid 30's.  R.I.P.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 06:56:01 PM »
Taped all of the Rush ones until the radio station stopped carrying it.

Almost got through to talk to Rush once, but the show ended.

Also listened when Asia, Yes, Emerson Lake and Powell, 3 (taped that one too I think) and Emerson Lake and Palmer were on. Probably a few other bands too.

A friendly voice for sure.......

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 04:38:55 PM »
Rockline was a great show. May Bob rest in peace.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!