Author Topic: I miss the LTE vibe in DT  (Read 5485 times)

Online nikatapi

Re: I miss the LTE vibe in DT
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 03:22:53 AM »
I would imagine that any constraints on JR in DT are self-imposed.  Since he and JP are the main (practically exclusive) music composers in the band, the DT sound is whatever they say it is.

JR feels that DT is a certain brand and kind of music, and that is the kind of music he does within the band.  There are other things he also likes to play that he doesn't play in DT.

Indeed. I remember Jordan said that he had wrote the intro riff for "When The Water Breaks" but he didn't felt it fit in DT.
This "signature sound" mentality i don't really agree with and care for to be honest, even though on The Astonishing those boundaries were broken quite a bit i think. But it is restraining, and this is why i compared to LTE and the more recent DT albums, where i think both Jordan and JP seem to have stayed within a very certain musical path, even though we know they can do some more jazzy, even fusion-like stuff and they used to do it in the past.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: I miss the LTE vibe in DT
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
I miss the LTE vibe in DT.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White