Author Topic: BABYMETAL Being Influenced By DT on Last Album  (Read 1706 times)

Offline gm5k

BABYMETAL Being Influenced By DT on Last Album
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:24 PM »
These two songs were very DT inspired IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZRvO0S-TLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02uq_GQAly0

I can't lie.  I absolutely love it. The backing band is mindblowingly good and I love the strange meshing of genres.  Man Babymetal is the only band I've not seen live that I feel like I just have to see!  :metal

I understand how they're a manufactured Pop Metal group and all that.  I don't care.  It sounds so awesome and they put on a killer show.

Edit:  They're on tour with RHCP right now in UK, and will play a show with Metallica in Seoul and shows with GnR in Japan soon.  So cool for them to get to open up for 3 rock legends in such a short amount of time.  I'd pay a lot for a ticket if they ever toured with DT in the US. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:35:51 PM by gm5k »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: BABYMETAL Being Influenced By DT on Last Album
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »
The One is Fucking awesome. Man if they made more songs in that vein I'd buy an album. Shit might just buy it for that one song.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gm5k

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:38:10 PM »
The One is Fucking awesome. Man if they made more songs in that vein I'd buy an album. Shit might just buy it for that one song.

Yes it's easily my favorite song from them ever...it's really just incredibly composed and performed.   

It's on their new Bluray from when they performed at Wembley, but the thing costs ******* $80!   :lol

You may also like this one, "No Rain, No Rainbow" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lQdSbt7Xw

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 12:49:39 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 02:59:25 AM »
Tales of Destinies is obviously influenced by DT, they even the obligatory 'ragtime'  bit. Other then that there are some guitarparts that can be viewed as DT-influenced, but other then that, I think they have a pretty unique sound.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 02:37:23 PM »

Really wanted to hate it like the other songs I've heard by them, but The One is a great song.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 01:24:13 AM »
I'm not to fond of them singing english, they should stick with japanese. Anyway it's an ok song but nothing special, they have better songs imo.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gm5k

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 01:42:44 AM »
Anyway it's an ok song but nothing special, they have better songs imo.

For a group like this to put heavy DT influence into their sound is just a dream come true for me band wise.  I'm a bit afraid the label feels it didn't work out as well as other styles and we'll never see it again from them.  But we'll always have Metal Resistance. 

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:15:11 AM by gm5k »