Author Topic: Is this "a thing" that people do, or is my friend the only one?  (Read 2704 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Is this "a thing" that people do, or is my friend the only one?
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »
A friend of mine had a hernia operation the other day, and we started to talk about some of the difficulties of everyday activities that arise when you have to protect a certain part of your body.
So, long story short, at some point he says "oh yeah, right now standing on the rim is not easy, that's for sure". Turns out, whenever he does a #2, he squats on top of the toilet bowl, with his feet planted on the rim.

I have never heard of such a thing, and it also strikes me as a rather dangerous activity. Slide off with a foot, and you're tumbling down a hard porcelain object.

So, is this a thing I have just never heard of, or is my friend really the only one?
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Is this "a thing" that people do, or is my friend the only one?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 11:58:44 PM »
I used to do almost the same thing when I was a child, probably up until I was about 7 or 8. I kept the seat down and stood/squatted on that, though.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
I have never even heard of this.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:07:12 AM »
Squatting is supposed to make the process easier, but squatting ON the toilet is a bit odd.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:10 AM »
Squatting is supposed to make the process easier, but squatting ON the toilet is a bit odd.

He was pointing that out, and I understand that aspect, as it's the way a lot of cultures do it to this day (Indian, Chinese etc). But yeah, man, the toilet rim is small and slippery!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 12:12:14 AM »
I have never heard of this being a thing.

And does he not have one of these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplXILXT9CE
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 01:04:47 AM »
Yeah, in Asian countries where squat toilets are more common than sit toilets, a lot of people, confronted with a sit toilet, either aren't comfortable with sitting, or don't get it, so they stand on it. Having lived in Taiwan for 3 years, I've seen plenty of shoe prints on seats, and sit toilets are much more common there than some other parts of Asia. Plus, my brother worked as a plumber briefly, and said he had to replace a few broken toilets in Indian households.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 01:27:43 AM »
Too late Jay, I beat you to it. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 04:50:08 AM »
As people were saying, asian cultures have their plumbing set up like this and I have also heard that its easier to go since squatting like that is how our bodies naturally evolved to take a number 2 as opposed to sitting on a chair.

I would try and do it, but have no balance, so it will have to wait for if I ever travel to Asia.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 05:37:40 AM »
That is weird. However I'm impressed if he can do it all the time, surely if you're in public somewhere you'll be wearing shoes and it'll probably be slippery as fuck.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 07:16:25 AM »
I've never heard of this either... it does seem pretty dangerous, and it seems like it wouldn't be very good for your knees either. I wouldn't even attempt to pull it off, but I'm 6'4" (and an average weight for my height) and in many cases it would just be impossible due to my size  :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 07:18:40 AM »
This totally explains why in an office of grown men, I still sometimes go into a stall with shit on the seat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 08:14:27 AM »
This totally explains why in an office of grown men, I still sometimes go into a stall with shit on the seat.

Word. 

In my last office, I swore that there was a Pack of kindergarteners that they bussed in to use the toilets.  There was no other rational explanation for the carnage that would be in that bathroom by the end of the week (they didn't clean it every day). 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »
I have never even heard of this.
This.

Dear Lord.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 08:19:25 AM »
This image is ingrained in my mind forever.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 08:59:34 AM »
its been mentioned already, but I have heard people from certain parts of the world unfamiliar with sitting toilets who will stand on the rim and squat.  Is your friend new to this country?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 09:25:32 AM »

Word. 

In my last office, I swore that there was a Pack of kindergarteners that they bussed in to use the toilets.  There was no other rational explanation for the carnage that would be in that bathroom by the end of the week (they didn't clean it every day).

It's really something else. The only explanation I've come to (outside of this one) is that people really hate their job and take it out on the toilets. Those poor things.

Sidebar, the department that was on the floor beneath mine relocated to another building in Hartford. It's been vacant for 3 weeks now. No one has caught onto the unused bathrooms! I can go in there at 3 in the afternoon and all the toilet seats will still be up!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
See, even if you're partial to doing a "standing squat" (which is fine and as stated, a lot of people in the world do this and some say that it's less stress on your piping and blowhole given how hard some people push...PROLAPSE MUCH?), there is zero reason to believe in any of the 12 realms of reality in the omniverse that you squat ON the fucking toilet seat. That's insane. It's completely batshit crazy. Squatting as you would normally sit but do not actually sit? Totally cool. I do that if I can't make it home and have to use a fucking medieval public stall. My glorious caveman ass is far too a precious thing to be tainted with the disgusting atrocities of you other lowly booty barbarians.

Sometimes I come to DTF for the strict purpose of feeling more sane.

Mission accomplished.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 11:05:09 AM »
I'm looking at having a hernia done next year.  Gonna have to go in the basement and see if the little potty training thingy is down there.

On my best day ever, I could never get on the rim.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »
I'm looking at having a hernia done next year.  Gonna have to go in the basement and see if the little potty training thingy is down there.

:lol

You've just reminded me of the kingshmegland/Dio classic - Stand Up and Shit.    So let it out...........  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Jester

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:51 AM »
I decided not to answer assuming this was rumborak punking the forum.
Political discussion post-election = pointless.
Nothing like getting a lecture on “what is and will happen” from the same people that just went 0 for 100 at bat during the election cycle.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 01:21:08 PM »
Obviously Squatty Potty, that's the way to go.

I've come across toilets with no seat and just a hole in the floor while traveling in europe. I remember even encounter toilets like that in Germany but that was many many years ago probably during the 90s.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »
Serious question about those squatting toilets (sorry ladies), but what happens if you have an explosive shit when using one of those? I'm talking one of those shits after a night of heavy drinking while having a stomach bug, topped off with 3AM Taco Bell. How does it not get on everything, including yourself? The kind of shit that will make someone in the stall next to you get up and find another bathroom.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »

You've just reminded me of the kingshmegland/Dio classic - Stand Up and Shit.    So let it out...........  :metal

I heard it's a watered down version!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 02:24:47 PM »

More like "Animal (Shit Like A Beast)"
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »
its been mentioned already, but I have heard people from certain parts of the world unfamiliar with sitting toilets who will stand on the rim and squat.  Is your friend new to this country?

He is Canadian, so yes technically he's from another country, but that doesn't explain it :lol

I decided not to answer assuming this was rumborak punking the forum.

Frankly, I still wonder whether I got punked by the guy. But, he is the kinda guy who would do that squatting, he has a lot of bizarre opinions.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 06:23:35 PM »
Too late Jay, I beat you to it. :lol

:JayOctavarium:

BUT DO YOU OWN ONE?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 07:14:44 PM »
People are messed up.

Years ago when I worked in the service industry, someone sprayed the wall in the stall of one of the men's rooms with diarrhea, and when I say sprayed, I mean they had to have bent over standing up and squeezed, because there is no other way they could have gotten it that high on the wall unless they shit in a bucket and then tossed it into the wall.  That was one of the more disgusting things I've ever seen.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 09:18:41 PM »
People are messed up.

Years ago when I worked in the service industry, someone sprayed the wall in the stall of one of the men's rooms with diarrhea, and when I say sprayed, I mean they had to have bent over standing up and squeezed, because there is no other way they could have gotten it that high on the wall unless they shit in a bucket and then tossed it into the wall.  That was one of the more disgusting things I've ever seen.
In my experience as a retail manager, I have seen that on a number of occasions. The most absurd instances seem to occur more often in the women's restroom, for whatever reason. It's all mindboggling to me.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »
As someone who has worked in the restaurant industry for half my life, I can say that while the men's restroom is consistently more just "gross", there's instances of utter vile atrocities against humanity that occur in the women's restroom from time to time that tip the scale in favor of the...*giggles and farts* GENTLER SEX.

You don't know true fear and disgust until you see a stall covered in lipstick, diarrhea, menstrual blood AND diapers. I still don't want to know what went on in that restroom. I felt like I had walked in on an actual sacrificial ritual.

I legitimately felt violated. ME.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
People are messed up.

Reminds me of the time I stopped in Susanville, California at the local Burger King one Friday night driving to Reno. A coffee I bought before leaving Medford, Oregon had left me with possessing the urge to take the biggest piss in the world. Unfortunately, I was apparently preceded by a man who needed to take the biggest diarrhea shit in the world. We are talking feces literally *everywhere*. On the toilet seat. On the floor. On the flushing handle. On the wall behind the toilet. Most fucking disgusting thing I've ever seen in a public restroom. I didn't even think to take a picture of the rectal murder scene before me for posterior-ity. I couldn't get out of there fast enough and went straight back to my car. Didn't even have the heart to say anything to the employees there. Just left horrified and without a word.

After that. I try not to stop in Susanville any more. Trouble is that it's literally the only place to relieve yourself for two hours either direction, so if you can't hold it, you're screwed...

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 04:18:25 AM »
Serious question about those squatting toilets (sorry ladies), but what happens if you have an explosive shit when using one of those? I'm talking one of those shits after a night of heavy drinking while having a stomach bug, topped off with 3AM Taco Bell. How does it not get on everything, including yourself? The kind of shit that will make someone in the stall next to you get up and find another bathroom.
Abandon hope ye who read on.

If I have the bad luck that one of those toilets is all that's available and I'm concerned I'll make a mess of myself, my method is to get a massive wad of paper, cram it right up to the hole, like you're about to wipe, and shit 'onto' the paper. It catches any spray that might have occurred. Obviously, you need a big enough wad of paper that your anal gruel isn't gonna blast straight through it, and will instead ooze over the sides once it builds up. The diameter of area about your bunghole you'll need to wipe afterwards is also considerable. Plus, there's a trick to the angle and general way you hold it so you're less likely to paint your arm, which, if your gut's really throwing a hissy fit, may not be 100% successful. But it's better your arse and potentially part of your hand than your shoes, pants, and the ceiling, leaving you to get home smelling like you got lost in a fecal swamp.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 05:59:59 AM »
 :hefdaddy

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 06:05:45 AM »
I remember being in Egypt, at the beach, and they had a public squat toilet. This one was "high end" because it had a water hose for cleaning after yourself.
Of course, somebody has shat onto the hose. Yeah.