Author Topic: Need - Greek Prog Metal Band  (Read 1595 times)

Offline nikatapi

Need - Greek Prog Metal Band
« on: December 10, 2016, 04:16:40 AM »
So i figured i should promote my fellow countrymen a little bit, they're an amazing progressive metal band with influences from Fates Warning, DT, Evergrey but with their own sound. They played on ProgPower 2014, so some of you might be familiar with them.

And they're putting a new (mindblowing) album out early next year, which i strongly believe is one of the best prog metal albums of the decade, and you should definitely check it out once it's released.

So here is a taste of their music:

Mother Madness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouJ89fY6JFE

Orvam: A song for home: (awesome epic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM8kQRDtAXo

And a couple of new songs from their upcoming album:

Rememory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEt3O3vMogI

Tilikum (Rehearsal Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_KqB1CCHc

I would love to hear your opinion about them and i hope you enjoy!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Need - Greek Prog Metal Band
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 05:54:44 AM »
I'm a fan. Discovered Orvam - A Song for Home (the album) from the promo mail from Lady Obscure Music Magazine, loved it and been sending the songs from it a lot in roulettes. I have a promo of Hegaiamas - A Song for Freedom and I think it's excellent, though I'm not sure if it will top Orvam in my book.

Also played Tilikum a lot to the fellow forum members, I think it's one of their best songs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:59:59 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:21:30 AM »
Thanks to Evermind, I heard of them before, but still have to explore them further. Mother Madness is one of the best songs I heard recenty :metal :hefdaddy
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 08:59:40 AM »
I'm a fan. Discovered Orvam - A Song for Home (the album) from the promo mail from Lady Obscure Music Magazine, loved it and been sending the songs from it a lot in roulettes. I have a promo of Hegaiamas - A Song for Freedom and I think it's excellent, though I'm not sure if it will top Orvam in my book.

Also played Tilikum a lot to the fellow forum members, I think it's one of their best songs.

Yep Tilikum is a beast, very cool song.
As for the new album, i personally think it's their best work, very diverse and a little heavier, so it suits my taste!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 12:42:02 PM »
First time listening to the upcoming album today, it was solid.

Definitely heavier than I remember the band being, but I wasn't very familiar with them in the first place so that might just be me. I thought the epic was a bit of a letdown because it didn't have much of a breathing space but the rest of the album I thoroughly enjoyed.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
Orvam was a tremendous album, and though the busy December has kept me from writing my review of Hegamaias, I have listened to the promo relentlessly, and it fully lives up to its predecessor, with the epic possibly topping the one from Ovram.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »
Oh, and for the Americans, they are doing the opening duties for Evergrey on their upcoming US tour. Not to be missed.

Offline krands85

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 02:33:03 PM »
Just checked out a couple of the songs and enjoyed them, so I'll explore more later  :metal Thanks for posting  :tup
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 10:47:30 AM »
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »
I especially like the guitarwork on this one. :metal

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »
So the new album is pretty good. While none of the songs are as immediate as Lifeknot or Mother Madness, I find it growing a lot on me, and discovering a lot of new stuff with every stuff.

Still not a fan of the "spoken word track before the epic" thing, even though the accent on IOTA isn't as bad as on Hotel Oniro. I still find myself longing for the track to be over, especially because the title track is just so good. I might prefer it to Orvam at this point, it's just hitting all the spots that I want a 20-minute prog epic to hit. The outro ("Bow to Hegaiamas") is fucking amazing.

What do you guys think of Hegaiamas?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
I really like it, even though for me it's been in the shadow of the new PoS album all this time since January. I think IOTA is just a bit too long, I actually really enjoy it for the first two minutes, but then it becomes a bit tedious. And I haven't spinned this album enough to fully get into the epic, I know there are parts I really enjoy, but I haven't "got" it yet, not like I did get Orvam.

I also think Tilikum is as immediate as Lifeknot and Mother Madness, probably my favourite song from the album so far.

I need to spin this album more.