Author Topic: Goliath (Amazon Prime)  (Read 3212 times)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Goliath (Amazon Prime)
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:34:14 AM »
I just started this series.  Anyone else watching?

I have thus far only caught the first episode, but I can already tell I will thoroughly enjoy it.  Billy Bob Thornton, William Hurt, Maria Bello, created by David Kelley.  Good stuff.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Goliath (Amazon Prime)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:53:20 AM »
I just binged it in a day and a half. Holy crap that was good, I loved pretty much every minute and loved that there wasn't any filler, nothing was dragged out, and even the most calm episodes brought some kind of tense atmosphere with it but the majority had me with my jaw agape.

Awesome beginning, insane middle, good but subtle (and most importantly, realistic) ending. Really can't ask for any more. Billy Bob is great and I've always loved William Hurt and he was just as menacing and brooding in this as he usually is.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 02:23:49 AM »
Barely heard about this show, but it sounds interesting. I'll put it on my to-watch list.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:20 AM »
Yeah, easily one of the best casts of any show recently.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 10:36:47 AM »
For sure, I only mentioned Billy Bob and Will Hurt but everyone is great, really. There's not a single weak link, no one was cheesy or over acting and it was all very down-to-Earth while still being tense as hell.

RIP DTP.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 02:03:11 PM »
Just announced that Goliath was renewed for a second season.  Clyde Phillips (Dexter, Nurse Jackie) will take over as showrunner.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »
Hmmm.. Both of those shows have both really high highs and suuuuper low lows...interested in seeing what they come up with. This is another one of those rare situations where I'd prefer them not just make another season out of popularity and would be okay with one season, but if they have story planned for it, I'd love to see more.

There is really nothing worse than having a show be so amazing in its first season only to degrade completely into shit in its subsequent seasons. Which seems to happen more often these days.

RIP DTP.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. This somehow slipped under my radar. Just watched first 2 episodes and am starting to get into it..should  finish entire season 1 this weekend. :tup

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 11:35:37 AM »
A guy from work told me about the series and like it so far.  I cannot remember which episode, but cannot remember a series with lesbian action and male frontal nudity in the same episode.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline mike099

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »
Just an FYI that the second season is out on Amazon Prime.  Three episodes in and pretty good so far.  For those that watched the first season, I just want to know what happened to the dog.

Offline mike099

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 06:54:32 PM »
Just finished the second season.  Entertaining and should be a third season.  By the way the dog made an appearance in the final scene of the last episode.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 04:18:07 AM »
Halfway through season one and love it.
Also, I'm in lust with Tania Raymonde. :heart

Online DTA

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 08:52:29 AM »
Season 1 was pretty cool, but season 2 was absolutely ridiculous (in a bad way).

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 04:42:43 AM »
Season 1 was pretty cool, but season 2 was absolutely ridiculous (in a bad way).

Just finished season 2, and I totally agree. How did it go so bad so fast?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 04:59:07 AM »
Decided to check it out, and I was immediately hooked up. Watched the first two episodes of season 1 and I'm hooked, looking forward to finish it soon at two episodes per day rate.

Anyway, Billy Bob Thornton is awesome, and it's great to watch him, but... is it me or he always plays different variations of the same character? the brooding, charming son of a bitch with redeeming qualities which, no offense to a guy I never met, is most likely what he actually is anyway. It's great to see him perform but that's basically his "thing", maybe I haven't watched enough movies of him but it seems that's what he basically does all the time.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 04:41:25 AM »
Latest season is up on Prime. I'm 3 episodes in and so far so good. It's very "David Lynch" styled.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 07:17:37 AM »
Latest season is up on Prime. I'm 3 episodes in and so far so good. It's very "David Lynch" styled.
Ahh!  I forgot this was starting up again!