Author Topic: Now there's going to be a novel for "The Astonishing"???  (Read 6480 times)

Online Kattelox

• Child of the Wild
Re: Now there's going to be a novel for "The Astonishing"???
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »
I was always under the impression SC and BC&SL were among the albums most poorly received in DT's catalogue. Or, at least, two that haven't aged very well - just from my observations of people discussing the band for many years. Not that it matters a bit to me, I do like lots of songs between the two albums, I'm just floored with (several) songs on The Astonishing, for me personally, eclipsing both records in a matter of 3-4 minutes each.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2017, 11:47:27 AM »
I was always under the impression SC and BC&SL were among the albums most poorly received in DT's catalogue. Or, at least, two that haven't aged very well - just from my observations of people discussing the band for many years. Not that it matters a bit to me, I do like lots of songs between the two albums, I'm just floored with (several) songs on The Astonishing, for me personally, eclipsing both records in a matter of 3-4 minutes each.

Around here (on DTF) according to that poll we did a while back - ADTOE and TA are by far the most liked records of the Road Runner era and SC and BC&SL were tied for last in that group. Keep in mind, that's based on the votes of 121 members here so to say it's a small sample would be an understatement, but it's what we got.

Offline Dublagent66

• RIP My Love 1964 - 2016
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I will see you on the other side...
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »
Good luck with that.  You're highly outnumbered.  :p

Not around here:

http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49866.0

He was comparing one TA song to those albums.  That's different.
Everything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong ...and if nothing has gone wrong...you obviously DON'T UNDERSTAND the situation.

"Bow your heads and abandon hope."   -Symphony X - Reign in Madness

Online Kattelox

• Child of the Wild
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2017, 11:19:11 AM »
Just my opinion, fellas. I really, really love that song. :)

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2017, 01:39:10 AM »
According to his updates on twitter, he's still in the writing process... I don't think it's going to be released before 2018... :corn

Online Renzo

• Daryus
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
Good luck with that.  You're highly outnumbered.  :p

Not around here:

http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49866.0

He was comparing one TA song to those albums.  That's different.

Well if we put it this way, I think The Path That Divides could easily be a BC&SL song..  :metal

Offline Evai

« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
Path That Divides... That's the one where the chorus is like "When you're facing the path that divides, I will be there by your side', right? :-\ :-\ :-\
eh

Online Renzo

• Daryus
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2017, 01:12:33 AM »
Path That Divides... That's the one where the chorus is like "When you're facing the path that divides, I will be there by your side', right? :-\ :-\ :-\

Yes, it does recall that line at some point. I've found some similarities with Wither (first section) and The Shattered Fortress ("I know the day had come.." section).

Online Kattelox

• Child of the Wild
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
The Path That Divides has that really fast part from James that is reminiscent of This Dying Soul.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
Peter Orullian just confirmed on Facebook that the book is going to be released this year, on the holidays.
"I believe the sacrifices in life give more than they take"

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #185 on: Today at 01:59:18 AM »
Peter Orullian just confirmed on Facebook that the book is going to be released this year, on the holidays.
Good! Let's hope there will be a cheaper version... 70 $ for a book... :omg:  I'm sure there will be a standard basic poor version!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #186 on: Today at 06:12:27 AM »
Good! Let's hope there will be a cheaper version... 70 $ for a book... :omg:  I'm sure there will be a standard basic poor version!

Hope they, at least, offer a digital version to download.
"I believe the sacrifices in life give more than they take"

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #187 on: Today at 07:08:24 AM »

Hope they, at least, offer a digital version to download.
I'm not so much into digital books, I love the smell of the pages... ::) Next concept album will be about the extinction of the traditional books!!! ;D
But for a special price... I'm afraid the shipping to Europe will be terribly expensive and slow!!!