Author Topic: Question about Last.fm  (Read 712 times)

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Question about Last.fm
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:29:01 PM »
Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place but there we go.

I've just signed up for Last.fm and have a question. I predominantly listen to music in my iPod and want to be able to scrobble my iTunes library play history to my Last.fm account. I've got it to scrobble when I listen to anything through iTunes and it scrobbles whatever I've listened to on my iPod (since I last synced) every time I sync.

Does anyone know how I can scrobble all of my previous play history though? I've looked online but can't get answers? Hope I'm not being too dense. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Question about Last.fm
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »
As far as I know, you can't. iPod scrobbling works by comparing the number of plays since the last time you synced.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »
Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place but there we go.

I've just signed up for Last.fm and have a question. I predominantly listen to music in my iPod and want to be able to scrobble my iTunes library play history to my Last.fm account. I've got it to scrobble when I listen to anything through iTunes and it scrobbles whatever I've listened to on my iPod (since I last synced) every time I sync.

Does anyone know how I can scrobble all of my previous play history though? I've looked online but can't get answers? Hope I'm not being too dense. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think that's available to the general public. Since the play logs are probably just temp files, they probably get erased every so often.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
Ok, fair enough.  :tdwn

I read somewhere that you could do it but the description for how to do it was based on an older version of iTunes/Last.fm

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 01:59:55 AM »
Add me on last.fm :tup (TrainofNaught)

sadly, you have to start from scratch indeed, cant use past listening history, so my last.fm page only goes back about one year too
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 02:02:16 AM »
Tomi added me the other night and I followed you then  :biggrin:

My Last.fm is going to be pretty inaccurate for at least the first 6 months

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 02:09:18 AM »
Yeah it's pretty inaccurate at first, after one year The Astonishing is still my most listened album. :lol 145 plays translates to like 3 and a half listens. That aside, 3 of my top 8 albums are TDH acts 3 4 and 5 so that's cool.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 02:51:26 AM »
If I'd signed up a year ago The Dear Hunter and Act IV would be my top listened to stuff by a mile. Maybe Devin Townsend at #2. I get a bit obsessed with stats and stuff so I could see my self getting a bit carried away lol